FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » Bush-Blair press conference

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Bush-Blair press conference
googlymoogly
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3819

posted 27 March 2003 12:07 PM      Profile for googlymoogly     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was just watching the Bush-Blair press conference; this one made me laugh; he says that once Iraq is "liberated", their government will be chosen by them alone, and "not by any outsiders". Can anyone believe this guy anymore?
From: the fiery bowels of hell | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
googlymoogly
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3819

posted 27 March 2003 12:12 PM      Profile for googlymoogly     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not that most of us did in the first place...
ronb
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2116

posted 27 March 2003 12:18 PM      Profile for ronb     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Was there any mention of witholding the US's and the UK's UN dues in retaliation for its "irrelevance"?
josh
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2938

posted 27 March 2003 12:22 PM      Profile for josh     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Which of the morons made the statement?

Actually, in many respects Blair is the more contemptible of the two. He knows better than to go into such a misadventure.

From: the twilight zone between the U.S. and Canada | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 27 March 2003 12:26 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah. At least Bush is doing the will of the majority of his people. Blair isn't.
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
googlymoogly
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3819

posted 27 March 2003 12:48 PM      Profile for googlymoogly     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bush made the statement about the Iraqi government.

quote:
Was there any mention of witholding the US's and the UK's UN dues in retaliation for its "irrelevance"?

I caught it partway through, so I'm not sure what else was said;that statement just caught in my mind. Can anyone else fill us in on what else was said?

mooose
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3439

posted 27 March 2003 01:39 PM      Profile for mooose     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tony Blair said something like, '400,000 children have died in the past five years due to the nature of the regime in Baghdad.' No mention of the sanctions.
Albireo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3052

posted 28 March 2003 02:32 PM      Profile for Albireo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Blair visits Bush at Camp David:

© Steve Bell 2003 The Guardian

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca