babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » US Marines "Opened Fire At Anything That Moved" Including Iraqi Civilians

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: US Marines "Opened Fire At Anything That Moved" Including Iraqi Civilians
drgoodword
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3214

posted 27 March 2003 03:13 AM      Profile for drgoodword   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
U.S. Marines, moving through this still-contested city, opened fire at anything that moved Tuesday, leaving dozens of dead in their wake, at least some of them civilians.

Article from the Miami Herald.

drg

drgoodword
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3214

posted 27 March 2003 04:49 AM      Profile for drgoodword   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Robert "Doc" Davenport, a Marine medic trained to both save people and kill them, was among those struggling to digest the appalling news.

"It makes it harder to do my job," he said, explaining he'll now think twice about dressing the wounds of injured Iraqis.

"If we run across one of them and he needs my help, it will be harder for me to do it," he added.

Many Marines on this desert base - affectionately known as "Snakepit" - said they believe they were sent to Iraq not to hurt people, but to free them from Saddam Hussein's ruthless grip.

"We want to help these people and look what they're doing to us," said more than one shocked Marine.

"What we should do is go in there and kill every last soul," growled Sgt. Mike Brady.

Read more about the liberators of the beleagured Iraqi people in the New York Post.

drg

Moredreads
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3393

posted 27 March 2003 04:49 AM      Profile for Moredreads     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I posted that earlier but what the hell. I juxtaposed it to with this article:

quote:
"We're more likely to take a little bit more risk ourselves than to bring the population in harm's way. But that's a constant calculation," Myers added when pressed on whether western forces were being too careful in bombing and missile attacks on Iraqi forces in the six-day-old war.

Moredreads
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3393

posted 27 March 2003 04:51 AM      Profile for Moredreads     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And this is new from your very own Gloabe and Mail:

quote:
Safwan, Iraq — The Iraqi teenager pointed to the stains on the chest of his robe. "See," he said. "They shot my brother, and this is his blood."

drgoodword
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3214

posted 27 March 2003 05:06 AM      Profile for drgoodword   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I posted that earlier but what the hell. I juxtaposed it to with this article:

Sorry Moredreads...I always take a look in the topics to see if an article's been posted, to avoid repetition...I missed your post...my apologies.

drg

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca