babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » Am I Saddam Hussein Or Not?

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Am I Saddam Hussein Or Not?
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 20 March 2003 03:50 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Willowdale Wizard
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3674

posted 20 March 2003 04:07 PM      Profile for Willowdale Wizard   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well, that bulge thing on the left side of his mouth looks the same. how can a body double fake things like that?
From: england (hometown of toronto) | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
googlymoogly
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3819

posted 20 March 2003 04:08 PM      Profile for googlymoogly     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought I heard something about the supposed double missing a trademark mole Saddam has on his face or something..
From: the fiery bowels of hell | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Briguy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1885

posted 20 March 2003 04:10 PM      Profile for Briguy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
His skin tone is more pallor, but that could be because of his inability to go outside, or a difference in lighting, or the background shower curtain (?) in the first picture.
From: No one is arguing that we should run the space program based on Physics 101. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mishei
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2785

posted 20 March 2003 04:16 PM      Profile for Mishei     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does anyone think for one second that the Iraqi intelligence, if they are in fact doing the double thing, would screw this up so bad that us Babblers could tell the difference? Come on..
Wankity
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3723

posted 20 March 2003 04:18 PM      Profile for Wankity        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For what it's worth....NBC's man in Baghdad, spoke to two senior Iraqi ministers (one of whom he claims to have interviewed often), and he said both betrayed no signs at all that Hussein was dead and no doubt that it was Saddam on the tape.
Briguy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1885

posted 20 March 2003 04:18 PM      Profile for Briguy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We're just playin' around here, Mishei. No need to get all bothered.
From: No one is arguing that we should run the space program based on Physics 101. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Magoo
guilty-pleasure
Babbler # 3469

posted 20 March 2003 04:18 PM      Profile for Mr. Magoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They're obviously two totally different people! Look at the glasses on the one on the left! (Well, it worked for Clark Kent and Superman.)
From: ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø, | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
SamL
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2199

posted 20 March 2003 04:21 PM      Profile for SamL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In either case, he needs to learn how to form a beret. I mean.... dude....
From: Cambridge, MA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tommy Shanks
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3076

posted 20 March 2003 04:26 PM      Profile for Tommy Shanks     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wanna know how Saddam got Sophia Loren's glasses?
CyberNomad
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2926

posted 20 March 2003 04:31 PM      Profile for CyberNomad     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Those glasses belong to Sophia Loren's double! (Can't you tell?)
From: St. Catharines ON | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
flotsom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2832

posted 20 March 2003 04:34 PM      Profile for flotsom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Grim humour warning:

quote:
I wanna know how Saddam got Sophia Loren's glasses?

After bumping Sophia Loren with an evil-playful hip-check down into his personal wood-chipper he just climbed down and went and collected them from the handy filter tray.

uh clem
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1078

posted 20 March 2003 06:33 PM      Profile for uh clem   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If it was Saddam (and US Intelligence claims it was) that doesn't prove anything. Given how obvious it's been that the attack is coming, to record a response in advance is pretty clear stategy.
Doug M.
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2325

posted 20 March 2003 08:30 PM      Profile for Doug M.        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've read that Saddam goes to great lengths to conceal his aging (dying his hair, not wearing his glasses), with the result that our image of what Saddam looks like is probably about 15 years too young.

So I think that's probably him.

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 20 March 2003 08:36 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey, we could play "hot or not" with this...

My first thought when I saw that news clip of Hussein yesterday was, "That's not him!" But then, it was speculated that perhaps he got some bad news - Janice Stein on Newsworld today mentioned something about an unconfirmed report coming out of Iran that one of his sons was severely injured last night.

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
NP
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 226

posted 20 March 2003 08:38 PM      Profile for NP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wonder if Hussein had borrowed Tariq Aziz's glasses right before the first speech. In the second set of footage, it looks like Tariq got em back.
From: The city that rhymes with fun | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
flotsom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2832

posted 20 March 2003 08:45 PM      Profile for flotsom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The one on the left is the real one for sure and I can prove it!! How can I? Saddam controls his country, right? Now, look at the paper that the one on the left is holding. Now look at the right. Left. Right. Left. Right. Hey! Get back here! The guy on the right side is reeally teeny. The paper dwarfs him. Probably under five feet tall. To cut down on food. Then you can tell by the paper he's holding that the guy on the left is so super-huge. Probably, like seven feet tall OR BIGGER! That's the kind of guy that RULES not this little runty guy.

That's why the real one on the left looks like he doesn't care if people come around because when your a BIG GUY you just don't care if people come around but the guy on the left is watching out and looking around to see if anybody is coming around when he should probably be reading his speech.

[ 20 March 2003: Message edited by: flotsom ]

marcy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3562

posted 20 March 2003 08:52 PM      Profile for marcy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
4:45 vancouver time - ctv just ran another video of saddam today - maybe in a bunker, low light camera far away - but this saddam looked way younger and somewhat more perky than yesterday's saddam. he looked like the saddam we've come to know and not like. how much more idle speculation can we take? cbc make-up crew (they're good with noses) say last night's was real - pauchy and worn - but real. what else is there to do for the idle canadian news anchor?
fatcalf
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3859

posted 20 March 2003 09:34 PM      Profile for fatcalf        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Remember that character on "Seinfeld" from a few years ago -- The Soup Nazi? Well, it's a tough life for an actor -- perhaps HE'S the double.

"No soup for you -- back of line."

[ 20 March 2003: Message edited by: fatcalf ]

Tommy M
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2183

posted 27 March 2003 01:47 PM      Profile for Tommy M     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

Yesterday President George Bush made his first public appearance since the start of the war, speaking to service personnel at the MacDill airforce base in Tampa in an obvious bid to reassure Americans and boost the morale of the armed forces. But how do we know this is the real George Bush?

Would the real George Bush please stand down

Jingles
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3322

posted 27 March 2003 02:28 PM      Profile for Jingles     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
All the speculation on the Pentagon Networks about whether or not it is Hussein is pretty funny.

When the Osama tapes came out, no one speculated on their authenticity.

From: At the Delta of the Alpha and the Omega | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 27 March 2003 03:36 PM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm Saddam Hussein, yeah the real Hussein
All the other Saddam Husseins are just imitating
So won't the real Saddam Hussein please stand up?
Please stand up, please stand up

Cuz I'm Saddam Hussein, yes I'm the real Saddam

George W. don't gotta cuss in his raps to sell his war.
Will I do so fuck him and fuck Blair too!
You think I give a damn about Nobel?
Half of you diplomats can't even stomach me let alone stand me
"But Saddam, what if you win, wouldn't it be weird?"
Why? So you guys could just lie to get me here?
So you can sit me here next to Tony Blair?
Shit Gerhard Schoerder better switch me chairs.
So I can sit next to Ariel Sharon or Syria's Assad
and hear them argue over who is more bad?
You little bitch, put me on blast on CNN
"Yeah, he's cute, but I don't think he holds Kuwait."
I should download his audio on MP3 and show the whole world how the emir dissed me.
I'm sick of you little desert kingdoms
All you do is vex me so I have been sent here to annex you.
And there's many more just like me
Who cuss like me; who don't give a fuck like me; who wear a uniform just like me; walk, talk and act like me; and just might be the next dictator but not quite me.

I'm Saddam Hussein, yeah the real Hussein

Cuz I'm Saddam Hussein, yes I'm the real Saddam

Albireo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3052

posted 27 March 2003 03:51 PM      Profile for Albireo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Re: That Guardian piece DeadEye linked to:

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca