babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » Britain, Iraq, Torture and the Hypocrisy of war

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Britain, Iraq, Torture and the Hypocrisy of war
WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 06 December 2002 10:05 AM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is quite unbelievable.

Bri tain accused of providing Saddam torture instruments

quote:
Hussain al-Shahristani, a former nuclear scientist who was tortured and jailed for 11 years for refusing to work on Saddam's secret nuclear programme, said: "When I was in jail I was held with British-made handcuffs. In the cells next door, I could hear the screams of people who were having holes drilled into their bones. Those drills were made in Britain."

Briguy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1885

posted 06 December 2002 11:01 AM      Profile for Briguy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Unless you are being sarcastic, I would say that it is quite believable. We've known for decades who supplied weapons of war and subversion to Saddam, despite the shrub and Toady's supposed ignorance on the subject.
From: No one is arguing that we should run the space program based on Physics 101. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca