FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » Castro Rails Against Rum

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Castro Rails Against Rum
ben_al
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3427

posted 04 December 2002 07:36 PM      Profile for ben_al     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/12/04/world/main531641.shtml

Any thoughts?

personally I think its not a half bad idea. I may have to move to Cuba

From: Kitchener, ON | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
'lance
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1064

posted 04 December 2002 09:11 PM      Profile for 'lance     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Alcoholism's a problem, and I can see him being concerned about drunk driving, but otherwise, I have to part company with Fidel...

quote:
"We will not rest until this is the most humane, most just and most honest society that has ever been created," Castro said. "We prefer death to corruption."

I much prefer corruption to death, me. At the very least, I'm resigned to the inevitability of both.

From: that enchanted place on the top of the Forest | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
minigun
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3345

posted 04 December 2002 09:56 PM      Profile for minigun     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Big mistake. The only way the commies were able to keep the Russians down for so long was by deadening their souls with unlimited supplies of potato vodka.

Castro's getting senile. He's forgetting that people routinely risk--and lose--thier lives trying to escape his repressive police state. If the whole population sobers up at once they'll lynch the old tyrant.

[ December 04, 2002: Message edited by: minigun ]

verbatim
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 569

posted 04 December 2002 10:03 PM      Profile for verbatim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm neither here nor there on Castro or his rum. It would suck if Cuba reverted to capitalism though. I'd like to see them become the Denmark of the caribbean. Without the herring.
From: The People's Republic of Cook Street | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dr. Mr. Ben
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3265

posted 04 December 2002 10:14 PM      Profile for Dr. Mr. Ben   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm neither here nor there about the rum thing. But the bit with the doctors was pretty sweet sounding.
From: Mechaslovakia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca