babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » IDF kills very dangerous terrorist

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: IDF kills very dangerous terrorist
WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 04 December 2002 10:45 AM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
The Israeli army killed a 95-year-old Palestinian woman near Ramallah yesterday after opening fire at a minibus taxi in disputed circumstances.

Fatima Hassan, the oldest known victim among nearly 2,000 Palestinians killed in the past two years, was returning from a visit to the doctor. Two other women were wounded.

src: http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Story/0,2763,853346,00.html

Smith
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3192

posted 04 December 2002 10:52 AM      Profile for Smith     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
This was briefly discussed on Arch's thread about the Canadians in the West Bank.

As I said there, the more I read about this, the less sense it makes. From here, staring at a map, one can understand, sort of, the purpose of all these blockages and "checkpoints." But when one reads about what that really means for all these people...it's stupid, it's a mess.

Very sad, all of this. Very, very sad.

Mishei
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2785

posted 04 December 2002 11:00 AM      Profile for Mishei     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
This was terrible a needless and sad tragedy. I hope this will be fully investigated. The thread title was not necessary. It makes light of the death in my eyes.
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 04 December 2002 05:49 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I actually agree. We don't have the right to turn her into a poster-girl for anything, I don't think it's respectful. Also: How much can you say about this? I'm sure we'll all agree that it's horrible.

Closing this.

From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca