babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » Crown Corporations and the Olympics

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Crown Corporations and the Olympics
Aviator
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3299

posted 04 December 2002 09:54 AM      Profile for Aviator     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Can anyone give me more information on the fact that the BC government is coming under fire for allowing crown corporations to donate money towards attempts to bring the Olympics to this province. Didn't ICBC donate nearly $2 million?
From: British Columbia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 04 December 2002 10:46 AM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Indeed, and dear old Icky-Bicky is being sued for that.
From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Aviator
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3299

posted 04 December 2002 12:06 PM      Profile for Aviator     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks. Can you give me some more info on the other CC's involved? What are the legalities surrounding this? How do people feel about this? Etc. Etc.
From: British Columbia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bluto
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1308

posted 04 December 2002 04:03 PM      Profile for Bluto     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
BC Hydro, BC Lottery Corp and Canada Post have also each given more than $1m to the bid consortium.

ICBC says their donation is justified, since if the bid succeeds, a dangerous section of road will be upgraded.

As an ICBC premium payer, I'd rather they hadn't supported the bid, but then I'm not really favouring the games in Vancouver anyway.

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca