babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » Police say 450,000 protest peacefully in Florence

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Police say 450,000 protest peacefully in Florence
rasmus
malcontent
Babbler # 621

posted 11 November 2002 11:31 AM      Profile for rasmus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Peaceful protesters flood streets of Florence
From: Fortune favours the bold | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Markbo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 124

posted 11 November 2002 01:58 PM      Profile for Markbo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow someone should let some of the groups here know that you can protest peacefully and be effective and heard. Destruction of property isn't necessary.
Briguy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1885

posted 11 November 2002 02:25 PM      Profile for Briguy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's nice to go fishing on holidays, eh Markbo?
From: No one is arguing that we should run the space program based on Physics 101. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Markbo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 124

posted 11 November 2002 03:44 PM      Profile for Markbo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ok, Ok, I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist. Hell I'm proud of 'em. Good job.
Briguy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1885

posted 11 November 2002 09:44 PM      Profile for Briguy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
S'OK...you almost had me. I deleted a rant about how it must've been impossible for the Italian Police to find 450,000 cops so's they could bust some heads. Thus the peacefullness of the demonstration. I decided not to respond to the baiting, though.

[ November 11, 2002: Message edited by: Sarcasmobri ]

From: No one is arguing that we should run the space program based on Physics 101. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca