babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » Now THIS IDEA I LIKE.....

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Now THIS IDEA I LIKE.....
kuba walda
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3134

posted 04 October 2002 04:56 PM      Profile for kuba walda        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From the NYDAILY TIMES

quote:
In what would go down in history as the mother of all duels, an Iraqi official suggested yesterday that President Bush and Saddam Hussein
settle their feud mano a mano. Sounding completely serious, Iraqi Vice President Taha Yassin Ramadan said the leader of the free world and the Iraqi strongman should meet in a neutral location for the political death match.

I have always thought the solution to war was to just put the warring leaders on a deserted island and let them go at it......

Saddam may be a bad ass, but my money is on Chimp

[ October 04, 2002: Message edited by: kuba walda ]

cynic
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2857

posted 04 October 2002 04:59 PM      Profile for cynic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No way, I'd give 3-1 odds on my man Saddam. I'm sure Iraqi politics is a lot deadlier than the US kind. Plus, I'm betting Saddam could take out Georgie with the old "your shoe's untied" routine.

(George looks down, furrows his brow, and states, "on closer inspection, these appear to be loafers")

From: Calgary, unfortunately | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
josh
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2938

posted 04 October 2002 05:16 PM      Profile for josh     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"The Duel in the Desert." I'd be pulling for them to kill each other.
From: the twilight zone between the U.S. and Canada | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Black Dog
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2776

posted 04 October 2002 05:25 PM      Profile for Black Dog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That would make for pretty good TV. Make it a cage match. I can see it now...

Saddam stuns Dubya with a flying elbow to the chops and prepares to lay him out with his signature Bagdahd Bulldog when, suddenly, Tony Blair runs in and bashes Saddam with a steel chair for the DQ...

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca