babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » Bill Clinton, aka George Bush, parrots Chickenhawk line

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Bill Clinton, aka George Bush, parrots Chickenhawk line
clockwork
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 690

posted 02 October 2002 11:17 PM      Profile for clockwork     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
He was given a standing ovation by the Labour Party conference in Blackpool after making an impassioned appeal for the United Nations to be given a last chance to force Saddam Hussein to disarm.

He issued a warning that pre-emptive military action would kill innocent civilians and could have unpredictable repercussions, with a cornered Saddam using his weapons of mass destruction.

To loud applause, Mr Clinton said that America could not forget its part in arming Saddam with biological weapons in the 1980s. It was not blameless in the suffering of the Iraqi people.

Blair has key role over Iraq - Clinton

DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 02 October 2002 11:26 PM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
To loud applause, Mr Clinton said that America could not forget its part in arming Saddam with biological weapons in the 1980s. It was not blameless in the suffering of the Iraqi people.

I like this part.

I wonder how fast Dubya and his gang of idiots will trash Bill Clinton for being unpatriotic for reminding people who made the mess in Iraq in the first place.

From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Arch Stanton
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2356

posted 02 October 2002 11:30 PM      Profile for Arch Stanton     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe Dubya will look to divert attention from Iraq by shagging an intern.
From: Borrioboola-Gha | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 02 October 2002 11:37 PM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Can we hope?
From: Canton Marchand, Québec | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mohamad Khan
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1752

posted 02 October 2002 11:43 PM      Profile for Mohamad Khan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
where do you guys get these extra smileys that you sometimes use? is there one for :vomit:?
From: "Glorified Harlem": Morningside Heights, NYC | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 02 October 2002 11:50 PM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Too gross. It sounds better when you post 'Vomit'.
clockwork
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 690

posted 03 October 2002 02:50 AM      Profile for clockwork     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Vomit in what context?
josh
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2938

posted 03 October 2002 07:29 AM      Profile for josh     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Typical Clinton. Trying to please (appease) both sides with him straddling the middle.
From: the twilight zone between the U.S. and Canada | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 03 October 2002 11:54 AM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Vomit in what context?
I would like to vomit on the shrub. I would like to vomit on the dirty old man. My remark about Can we hope? Is way out somewhere and I am not quite sure why I put it.

Markbo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 124

posted 04 October 2002 02:14 PM      Profile for Markbo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
for reminding people who made the mess in Iraq in the first place.

And that would be Saddam Hussein wouldn't it now.

Oh yeah, he was a product of his environment. He can't actually take responsiblity for his own actions.

ronb
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2116

posted 04 October 2002 02:32 PM      Profile for ronb     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I believe the "mess" in question is the WMD canard that Rumsfeld is so worked up about, you know the WMD he personally provided to Saddam back in the 80's when gassing Kurds was obviously nothing for the State department to get worked up about.

Personal responsibilty. Now that would be nice. While we're demanding personal responsibility for 'evil-doers', maybe Rumsfeld and Bush Senior could take some personal responsibilty for what his client did to those Kurds. They could start with an apology.

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca