babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » Igor Gouzenko is back in the news

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Igor Gouzenko is back in the news
clockwork
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 690

posted 06 September 2002 12:36 AM      Profile for clockwork     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The CBC reports that Igor Gouzenko has finally got the recognition he deserves. His daughter is now proud of her name (apparently she lived under an assumed name and thought she was from Czechoslovakia), and a plaque was placed over his grave just near me in Mississauga. An intelligence person was out to the shindig.

I'd link the story but I can't find it on the CBC website (for some reason the CBC search option equates "Gouzenko" with "causes").

I understand why people hate the CBC. They show inconsequential stuff like this that doesn't go under the "news", "business" or "arts" section on a website.

Long live the CBC (speaking as a relatively new member of the Friends of Canadian Broadcasting )!

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca