FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » To My Friends at Babble

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: To My Friends at Babble
David Stapley
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2631

posted 01 September 2002 03:59 PM      Profile for David Stapley        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to write goodby for now to my friends at babble. My computer crashed and I am in the process of purchasing another. Unfortunately I am not rich, so the purchase is probably going to take me a while.

I loved the conversations and the company.

David

lagatta
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2534

posted 01 September 2002 05:09 PM      Profile for lagatta     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dear David

Don't know if you've logged off for good. Please check out your local public library for computer access - it is also available in many associations, if you are a volunteer or member of a community group. Not just for rabble and babble, but because e-mail is a HUGE money saver. I don't have a lot of money either (I need a computer for work in any event) but e-mail has saved me a fortune in long-distance phone calls that I could ill afford, but I have a lot of friends and family far away. Moreover, the Internet is a great boon in doing research.

Now if I could only get rid of the ads for penis extensions, breast enlargement, Nigerian scams and US mortgages...

From: Se non ora, quando? | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 01 September 2002 10:10 PM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It is very unlikely you need to replace your computer. At most, just a component.
rasmus
malcontent
Babbler # 621

posted 01 September 2002 11:56 PM      Profile for rasmus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
David -- I too have not much money, or I'd offer to help out. But I think there are low-cost options for you. Like Wingnut says, you probably don't need a whole new computer. If you need some help pricing/getting components, I can do a little legwork for you, I'm sure others could help out in some way. What exactly happened, by the way?
From: Fortune favours the bold | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca