babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » Chrétien on the verge of Kyoto Ratification

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Chrétien on the verge of Kyoto Ratification
Adam Smith
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3034

posted 30 August 2002 05:18 AM      Profile for Adam Smith     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Word is out that Chrétien is going to make ratification of Kyoto a prority. Does any one think that it will really happen? I also wonder what Alberta, Ontario, and BC will say about it.

[ November 18, 2002: Message edited by: Adam Smith ]

hibachi
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 956

posted 30 August 2002 07:26 AM      Profile for hibachi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Chretien said he was going to do a lot of things, like abolish the G.S.T. and abrogate the Free Trade Deal with the US.

The same people who wanted him to do those things likely want him to ratify Kyoto. These people are what you might call left-leaning voters.

Naturally, the left-leaning voters are going to believe Chretien (again), and go along with his B.S., or that of whoever he decides he is going to foist on us next.

From: Toronto, Ont. | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
meades
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 625

posted 30 August 2002 04:33 PM      Profile for meades     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm with hibachi. If Chrétien's word were a bridge, you can bet I wouldn't cross it.
From: Sault Ste. Marie | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Black Dog
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2776

posted 30 August 2002 06:23 PM      Profile for Black Dog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ralphie here is up in arms though. He says that if the feds ratify the accord without consulting with the provinces, it would breach a promise the feds made earlier this year.
Funny, if they don't ratify, wouldn't that breach a promise they made to the ret of the world in the first place?

vaudree
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1331

posted 30 August 2002 07:18 PM      Profile for vaudree     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That cover on the "statue honouring Cretien" looks like a condom.
From: Just outside St. Boniface | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
David Kyle
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1530

posted 01 September 2002 12:38 PM      Profile for David Kyle     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It will never happen. Ratification of Kyoto will drive up energy prices in Canada thus hurting poor Ontario SUV drivers who will threaten to vote out the Federal Liberals.

This message was paid for by the Eastern SUV drivers association. The first annual SUV road rally in support of Kyoto is on for the rest of the year in all parts of Southern Ontario.

Pogo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2999

posted 01 September 2002 03:08 PM      Profile for Pogo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kyoto ratification is a real possibility. It is also very likely that they will back off. If you care, do something about it. Email your MP! I have not yet, but I will.
meades
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 625

posted 01 September 2002 06:38 PM      Profile for meades     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think David Anderson said that Chrétien announcing the ratification of Kyoto at the Earth summit wasn't very likely. For once, I think Anderson's telling the truth. Unless, of course, I got the quote mixed up, in which case, David Anderson is still a dirty lying prick, unworthy of my precious, precious oxygen.
From: Sault Ste. Marie | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
quelar
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2739

posted 02 September 2002 02:41 PM      Profile for quelar     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, Chretien has announced that parliament will have a shot at voting for it later this year.

News from Johannesburg

Let's all get on our MP's butts to make sure this happens.

From: In Dig Nation | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca