babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » Did Atta meet with the Iraqi's?

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Did Atta meet with the Iraqi's?
clockwork
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 690

posted 06 June 2002 11:38 PM      Profile for clockwork     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Did Mohamed Atta meet with an Iraqi government official? First he did, then he didn't, but now, apparently, he did.

He didn't. There is a long list of articles explaining that he didn't and why.

This opinion piece says he did.

What gives?

Casper
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1406

posted 12 June 2002 10:23 AM      Profile for Casper        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Propaganda. It gives, and gives and gives...

Seriously, though - no idea. There are glaring differences in the "facts" as reported in Canada, the U.S. Britain and round the rest of the world. I doubt there is conclusive evidence either way in this case.

From: Another smoky metropolis | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
ronb
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2116

posted 12 June 2002 01:55 PM      Profile for ronb     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Personally, I'm still waiting for that damning evidence that conclusively connects Al Qaeda to September 11. From what I can tell, their guilt was firmly established simply by Bush saying "They did it", and Tony Blair nodding along, saying "Good enough for me."
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 12 June 2002 03:40 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, there was that videotape, which some Arabic speakers have claimed was badly dubbed or mistranslated or something like that (I can't remember the exact claims right now). Not to mention that there was no apparent reason for bin Laden to make a home movie of him and his homies doing a big expository confession for posterity and then leaving it in an abandoned cave, when bin Laden is supposedly so paranoid he uses no technology (like cell phones) in case it's bugged or can be tracked.

But hey, if it's good enough for Soaring Eagle Ashcroft, then what the heck - it's good enough for me.

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Arch Stanton
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2356

posted 12 June 2002 04:23 PM      Profile for Arch Stanton     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I still think the Canadian softwood lumber guys did it.
From: Borrioboola-Gha | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
clockwork
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 690

posted 04 September 2002 05:15 PM      Profile for clockwork     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Here's how the Atta-in-Prague story has developed, and dissipated, since last fall:

Did Mohamed Atta Meet an Iraqi Spy in Prague?

goodgoditsnottrue
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2401

posted 04 September 2002 05:31 PM      Profile for goodgoditsnottrue   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
no.

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca