babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » Israeli generals back unilateral pullout

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Israeli generals back unilateral pullout
meades
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 625

posted 18 February 2002 08:37 PM      Profile for meades     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Click!
From: Sault Ste. Marie | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
SamL
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2199

posted 18 February 2002 09:56 PM      Profile for SamL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sounds good, but the "keeping Palestinians out part" has been rejected by the Israeli public several months back. Someone came up with the idea of a "Great Wall of Israel." Didn't fly. Anyway, I recalla Time magazine (or maybe it was the Toronto Star) article from a few years back which said that the economies of Palestine and Israel were too closely interwined for such a plan. If you read Sunday's TorStar's World section, it mentioned that most of the construction workers in Israel were Palestinian. Sort of like the Hispanic illegal immigrants in the US: they take the jobs that nobody else will take, yet some would have them deported.
This proposal fails to address Palestinian Jews and Christians, and Israeli Arabs. Will they be grouped according to their religion, or their ethnicity?

From: Cambridge, MA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
bandit
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1435

posted 18 February 2002 10:51 PM      Profile for bandit     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Take a look at this picture in the link of the armored bulldozers used by the israeli army, these things are monsters.
http://indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=137049&group=webcast

agent007
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1189

posted 18 February 2002 11:09 PM      Profile for agent007     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow, bandit!
I expected a horse-drawn carriage with Cinderella inside, blowing kisses at all and sundry ...

From: Niagara Falls ON | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
bandit
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1435

posted 18 February 2002 11:37 PM      Profile for bandit     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry relogged for showing you something you didn't want to see. perhaps this was intended for an audience interested in seeing something that their isn't a chance in hell of being shown on the news.by monsters I meant in size and fortification and hadn't even touched upon the fucked policies that these things help carry out.
But of course how dare those palestinians for being on that land before Isreal got their.

besides if your offended to see bulldozers, you'd hate for people to see Israeli soldiers + their trophy kill.
This upsets me as well but for differant reasons I suppose.

[ February 22, 2002: Message edited by: bandit ]

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca