FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » 9/11 Dropping off the radar

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: 9/11 Dropping off the radar
Jake
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 390

posted 05 January 2002 12:45 AM      Profile for Jake     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not long after 9/11 there were a number of references in the financial papers to " a lot of unusual activity on the stock market" in the weeks/days imediately preceeding 9/11.
This seems to have dropped off the news.
Any Comments?

Jake

[ January 05, 2002: Message edited by: Jake ]

From: the recycling bin | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
nonsuch
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1402

posted 05 January 2002 01:05 AM      Profile for nonsuch     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Unusual?
As in preparing to crash (which some of us have been expecting) or as in acquisition of arms manufactury (which we were not expecting)?
I have no idea how to look for this information, but it would certainly be interesting to know.

[ January 05, 2002: Message edited by: nonesuch ]

From: coming and going | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
meades
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 625

posted 05 January 2002 01:46 AM      Profile for meades     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just two days ago, I turned on Newsworld in the morning, and NBN:Newsworld Business News happened to be on (Why is that show ALWAYS on?!?! I'd like some REAL news, instead of endless chatter about mergers and Air Canada) and not five seconds into the programming they mentioned several topics in relation to september 11th (Air Canada- surprise, surprise!). I just groaned, changed the channel and ate my breakfast.
From: Sault Ste. Marie | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jake
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 390

posted 05 January 2002 09:14 AM      Profile for Jake     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
nonesuch,

Try google "unusual stock trading pre sept 11".
& or this link.http://www.taipeitimes.com/news/2001/09/20/story/0000103815

Jake

From: the recycling bin | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 05 January 2002 09:47 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Isn't that fascinating. I wonder if they're still investigating that - or if they've called off the investigation when it got too close for comfort to big shot investors that the government doesn't want to upset.

Weren't there rumours that the intelligence community actually did have warning of the attacks, but didn't do anything, either out of fear of causing a public panic, or because they didn't believe anyone would actually do that? Wouldn't it be interesting if it were people in a position to be privy to that intelligence (if it existed) who bought the puts and sold stock just before September 11th!

BTW, it was odd reading that one of the biggest hit companies was Marsh and McLennan. I worked in their Toronto office (high up in one of the BCE Place towers) for several months when I was temping - it was one of the friendliest places I got to work. They must have been devastated.

[ January 05, 2002: Message edited by: Michelle ]

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca