babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » How we can fix federal politics

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: How we can fix federal politics
NDB
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1234

posted 04 January 2002 10:56 AM      Profile for NDB     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
An interesting take. Sorry the linked article doesn't work well.

quote:
Susan Delacourt
The Ottawa Citizen
Friday, January 04, 2002

Federal politics in Canada is plagued by two huge, obvious problems as 2002 looms: Parliament is broken and the Liberal government has no credible, united opposition.

[ January 04, 2002: Message edited by: NDB ]

Victor Von Mediaboy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 554

posted 04 January 2002 11:23 AM      Profile for Victor Von Mediaboy   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The best article in today's Citizen is the column by Miss Polly (Peter Simpson's cat) on page A15.
From: A thread has merit only if I post to it. So sayeth VVMB! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
agent007
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1189

posted 04 January 2002 11:36 AM      Profile for agent007     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
NDB, just exactly what is the topic of your linked article? Canadian politics, or the involvement of Canadian troops in Afghanistan?
From: Niagara Falls ON | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
meades
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 625

posted 04 January 2002 11:53 AM      Profile for meades     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's what I was wondering It seems like an awkward jump, too.

I thought she was actually going somewhere with what she was saying, and then all of a sudden *POOF* she was talking about the military.

From: Sault Ste. Marie | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
NDB
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1234

posted 04 January 2002 11:53 AM      Profile for NDB     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah I see the problem now. It's a problem with the Ottawa Citizen site - two stories smushed together. Sorry, it's supposed to be about Canadian Politics. For once, I'm not on about the war. I've taken away the link and emailed Canada.com. Not expecting any sudden changes, too bad it's an interesting piece.

[ January 04, 2002: Message edited by: NDB ]

nonsuch
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1402

posted 04 January 2002 08:24 PM      Profile for nonsuch     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Want to forget the link and just throw the subject open to the floor?

Suggestion 1.
Let's get rid of all the previously-owned politicians and find some new ones.
Meades for Party Whip. (Well, maybe cherubic back-bencher to begin with, but fast-track him.)

From: coming and going | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca