babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » Time Magazine's Person of the Year.

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Time Magazine's Person of the Year.
John I. Fleming
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1846

posted 22 December 2001 11:04 PM      Profile for John I. Fleming        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
After reading an online poll I was wondering who you would pick for Time Magazine's Person of the Year? This is just for fun but also include why you would pick that person or persons.

They gave 5 suggestions but of course if you can think of someone else, add their name to the list. The names and results are as follows:

Osama bin Laden 12% 40442 votes

George W. Bush 22% 74461 votes

Rudy Giuliani 19% 65947 votes

New York City police and firefighters 32% 107448 votes

The American people 15% 52291 votes

Total: 340,589 votes

John I. Fleming

P.S. Hitler and Stalin were both picked so it doesn't matter what type of person they are.

[ December 22, 2001: Message edited by: John I. Fleming ]

From: Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
jeff house
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 518

posted 22 December 2001 11:15 PM      Profile for jeff house     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
President Gore
peripatetic
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1957

posted 23 December 2001 03:44 PM      Profile for peripatetic        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
President Gore

I saw him in front of the US Supreme Court pushing a hot dog cart emblazoned with the Presidential seal. Al was humming "Hail to the Chief."

From: hogtown-on-don | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca