babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » Christmas Cheer and Ralph Klein

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Christmas Cheer and Ralph Klein
Boinker
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 664

posted 15 December 2001 11:03 AM      Profile for Boinker   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It has got to be the classic case of hubris fortified with inebriation. In the heart of the Christmas season the rich and powerful premier in a drunken stupor abusing the homeless...

The cartoons that are going to be done...

Pimji
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 228

posted 15 December 2001 11:18 AM      Profile for Pimji   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dickens couldn't have even thought this one up.
From: South of Ottawa | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
peripatetic
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1957

posted 15 December 2001 11:57 AM      Profile for peripatetic        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Abusive drunks can be a problem at shelters, and are usually shown the door. The Christmas turkey arrived early this year. If Ralphie Boy is genuinely sorry for his actions a gift of his time and his own money (not the public's) will be appreciated by the shelter.
From: hogtown-on-don | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Slick Willy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 184

posted 15 December 2001 02:10 PM      Profile for Slick Willy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What's the problem? Those guys in the shealter just got way more money than they would for the same amount of pan-handling and a floor show to boot.

Shouldn't this be encouraged rather than frowned upon? I mean if more Premiers went stumbling around shealters after a few cocktails and drop their money clips on the floor, (finders keepers rules in effect) then those who use the shealters would be far better off than they are now. Not to mention the affect it has on the political position.

Wouldn't everyone just love Harris to pull off something like this?

Pimji
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 228

posted 15 December 2001 04:19 PM      Profile for Pimji   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think drunken behaviour should be encouraged. Ol'Ralphie boy wouldn't be so thrilled to have one of those poor bums showing up at his bedroom door, drunk, and wanting to engage in some intellectualy stimulating conversation.
bandit
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1435

posted 15 December 2001 04:21 PM      Profile for bandit     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well If they share the hootch ralphie wont mind.
QuikSilver
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1470

posted 15 December 2001 06:58 PM      Profile for QuikSilver     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Shouldn't this be encouraged rather than frowned upon?

The left has their demon, ANY of his behavior will be spun, overanalysed and frowned upon.

[ December 15, 2001: Message edited by: QuikSilver ]

From: Your Wildest Fantasies | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
sherpafish
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1568

posted 15 December 2001 08:13 PM      Profile for sherpafish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just LOVE the way we have been dehumanized into a collective being called The Left. Don't you?
And I don't even consider myself leftist.

About the subject at hand:
From the homeless men's point of view this is just confirmation that the Big Man, the Man at the Top, is anatgonistic and set against them. Also it shows that the behaiviour that they are punished like children for, drinking, is also exibited and condoned by the Premier himself. To them is reaks of hypocrasy, and they're not half wrong.

From: intra-crainial razor dust | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
statica
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1420

posted 15 December 2001 09:34 PM      Profile for statica   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ol'Ralphie boy engaging in some intellectualy stimulating conversation?

wow, is that truly possible when you're drunk...or a Premier?

meades
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 625

posted 15 December 2001 10:06 PM      Profile for meades     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
The left has their demon, ANY of his behavior will be spun, overanalysed and frowned
upon.

HA! Oh yes- being drunk and yelling at people to get jobs is quite acceptable. Those rotten lefty scumbags are just nitpicking!

Ha!!!

[ December 15, 2001: Message edited by: meades ]

From: Sault Ste. Marie | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 15 December 2001 11:52 PM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just read that story. So a drunk walks into a homeless shelter, insults the residents, gets into a shouting match, and tosses money on the floor. The man just happens to be the premier of Alberta. Well, it takes an honest-to-god apologist to spin that one, eh, QuickSilver? Another example of what is meant when tories speak of "personal responsibility" I guess.
gonzo
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1841

posted 16 December 2001 12:16 AM      Profile for gonzo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe Ralphie was just pissed that they wouldn't give the old drunk premier a bed for the night, no alcohol abuse in the shelter and all!

I think those places are pretty serious about the alcohol thing. I had the pleasure (yes, pleasure. ) of staying at the Sally Anne in Calgary for a couple of nights a few years ago and they had plenty of anti-alcohol literature and what not on the walls and bulletin boards in the form of Bible quotes and such.

Maybe the worst insult is that Ralph wouldn't have been admitted either, if he needed a bed (due to his own drinking), yet he still managed to preach at those who were effectively in the same state of sobriety as him, but of course he gets to go home to the hot tub and silk sheets.

From: BC via ON via AB via SK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pimji
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 228

posted 16 December 2001 01:08 AM      Profile for Pimji   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
and a case of ice cold beer.
Debra
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 117

posted 16 December 2001 10:45 AM      Profile for Debra   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ralph Klein, the re-incarnation of W.C. Fields without the humour.
From: The only difference between graffiti & philosophy is the word fuck... | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Slick Willy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 184

posted 16 December 2001 11:25 AM      Profile for Slick Willy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Maybe the worst insult is that Ralph wouldn't have been admitted either, if he needed a bed (due to his own drinking), yet he still managed to preach at those who were effectively in the same state of sobriety as him, but of course he gets to go home to the hot tub and silk sheets.

But that is the difference. Ralph (I drink to make you more interesting) Klien doesn't need someone to give him a place to sleep or something to eat. He gets a pay check like most other people and has the responsibility to take care of himself, even if it means hiring someone to do that for you, rather than depending on a group or person to do it out of the generosity of their heart. Some how he got to the position of Premier and so it might be safe to assume that he will never end up in a position that he has to ask for help with the basics.

skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 16 December 2001 11:34 AM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Some how he got to the position of Premier

Quite.

N.R.KISSED
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1258

posted 17 December 2001 01:06 AM      Profile for N.R.KISSED     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
. Some how he got to the position of Premier and so it might be safe to assume that he will never end up in a position that he has to ask for help with the basics.

Perhaps he was just modelling; if a drunken baffoon like himself can get a job why can't anyone else.

From: Republic of Parkdale | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 17 December 2001 10:06 AM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
has the responsibility to take care of himself

Okay, I am understanding. I think.
Personal responsibility for a tory is merely being able to get home drunk without crashing the car or affording to keep on staff, at taxpayers expense of course, another to do that for you.
See, where I was making my mistake was in thinking personal responsibility meant taking responsibility for your actions rather than denying them. I mean if a homeless person showed up drunk and rowdy at Ralph Klein's home, is there any doubt he would be charged for drunk and disorderly and disturbing the peace? Is there any doubt he would spend at least the night in jail?
But our tory premier, the voice of the personal responsibility crowd, denies being drunk and infers everyone there is a liar but him. Hmmmm. Typical tory, I think. Or evangelist. Maybe tories and evangelists are related ...
... And I say unto you, go forth and preach the market. Let not compassion or decency cloud your judgement. Demand responsibility from the great unwashed but never responsibility take ...

Slick Willy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 184

posted 17 December 2001 11:08 AM      Profile for Slick Willy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Now you're getting it.
Hang on a tick, isn't Ralph's problem with the hooch really society's fault? I mean it takes a village right?

Pankaj
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1040

posted 17 December 2001 11:25 AM      Profile for Pankaj   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yes, our collective ignorance and cowardice does indeed impact on everyone and everything else.
Slick Willy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 184

posted 17 December 2001 11:47 AM      Profile for Slick Willy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So then should we all pitch in to help Ralph over come his attraction to the grape and hope to have an affect on the others who find this as a barrier to a higher standard of living? Or call him a fucktard and have a jolly time at his expense?
WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 17 December 2001 11:54 AM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh, I would say he has had quite the jolly time at the Albertan taxpayer's expense.
Slick Willy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 184

posted 17 December 2001 12:13 PM      Profile for Slick Willy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes I am sure he has, but as a village should we stand by and watch the self-inflicted carnage or act to help a man who has lost his way? Come on hate the sin not the sinner.
WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 17 December 2001 12:29 PM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Agree we should help Ralphie. But, you know, we can't. We can't help him unless he takes the first step to individual responisibility by admitting he has a problem and asks for help.
'lance
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1064

posted 17 December 2001 12:37 PM      Profile for 'lance     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
We can't help him unless he takes the first step to individual responisibility by admitting he has a problem and asks for help.

Ralph Klein at AA, hmm? Man, I'd like to be a fly on that wall. Powerless in the face of his addiction, and so forth. Wonder how A(nonymous) he'd get to be?

From: that enchanted place on the top of the Forest | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pankaj
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1040

posted 17 December 2001 12:43 PM      Profile for Pankaj   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I heard some years ago that in Kissinger's garbage were found the following 2 items: many empty bottles of a very expensive scotch as well as many empty bottles of seconol. What some people must need in order to get a good night's sleep...
bandit
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1435

posted 17 December 2001 12:47 PM      Profile for bandit     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah I don't think it be a good idea to go to his home for a surprise intervention.We'd be the weirdest protestors to be thrown in jail. "hey hey, ho ho, admit you've got a problem so we can go"
Slick Willy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 184

posted 17 December 2001 01:19 PM      Profile for Slick Willy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
"hey hey, ho ho, admit you've got a problem so we can go"

I'll drink to that! Oh, sorry Ralph.

Pimji
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 228

posted 17 December 2001 08:49 PM      Profile for Pimji   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When drinking starts to affect a persons job, it is a strong warning sign there is a problem with alcohol. At this point it would be pertinent for Klien to seek help. To pretend that the incident wasn’t as bad as it seemed is the text book excuse alcoholics use to minimize their dilemma. It’s a classic case of denial. They will hang onto anything to not have to change their behaviour, lying is the most effective. Especially lying to themselves. This explains why the alcoholic is usually the last person to know there is a problem.
I’ve been around the track a few times and know all the games addicts and alcoholics play with themselves, their families and their employers. Been there done that.

Tommy_Paine
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 214

posted 17 December 2001 09:05 PM      Profile for Tommy_Paine     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR OHHHH HE HE HARR HAR HAR HAR HAR.

Sorry....ahem.... (rubs tear from eye) I was just rembering an episode of "Duck Man" when he finds himself dictator of a small Central American Republic, throws open the doors of the palace to see thousands of adoring citizens and says:

"What? ANOTHER intervention?"

Premier Ralph "Duck Man" Klien.

Oh, man, you can't WRITE stuff like this.

From: The Alley, Behind Montgomery's Tavern | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
David Kyle
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1530

posted 18 December 2001 09:57 AM      Profile for David Kyle     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Perhaps he was just modelling; if a drunken baffoon like himself can get a job why can't anyone else.

That would suggest that Judy Rebick is also modelling; if a fat cow like herself can be a media darling why can't anyone else.

Did I offend anyone? I hope so, because the level of discussion about Ralph Klien's personal problem has sunk to an all time low for this web site.

Maybe one of the moderators can try to raise the level of discussion?

[ December 18, 2001: Message edited by: David Kyle ]

skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 18 December 2001 10:08 AM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Craig? It isn't possible ... Craig was -- well, capable of logical distinctions, anyway.
N.R.KISSED
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1258

posted 18 December 2001 10:17 AM      Profile for N.R.KISSED     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My goodness and some people said Landsberg and Lewis were ungrateful guests.

quote:
the level of discussion about Ralph Klien's personal problem has sunk to an all time low for this web site.

Well it's fine to call someone a lazy drunken bum if they're a welfare recipient or homeless. Ralph of course is only displaying stress due to his high pressure job.

Allow me to rephrase using more clinical terms: Ralph is a substance abusing individual with demonstrated moderately-low
intellectual abilities.
Besides Judy R is intelligent, witty and charming and I would imagine would remain so after a few cocktails. Something Ralph would be unable to accomplish regardless of his blood-alcohol level.

clockwork
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 690

posted 18 December 2001 12:00 PM      Profile for clockwork     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Did I offend anyone? I hope so, because the level of discussion about Ralph Klien's personal problem has sunk to an all time low for this web site.

Oh, ah, oh! People, and I use the term loosely, are free to come to this board and calls us idiots, but hands off King Ralph, idiot-babblers! Shame on us all!

His Majesty demands the utmost respect. And a beer chaser to boot.

Victor Von Mediaboy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 554

posted 18 December 2001 12:14 PM      Profile for Victor Von Mediaboy   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, if you WANT to show that you're no better than those who call Babblerstm idiots . . .
From: A thread has merit only if I post to it. So sayeth VVMB! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Debra
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 117

posted 18 December 2001 12:16 PM      Profile for Debra   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh I thought that he needed homeless people to boot.
From: The only difference between graffiti & philosophy is the word fuck... | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
clockwork
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 690

posted 18 December 2001 12:57 PM      Profile for clockwork     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I never claimed to be smart, insightful or civil.

And as someone who firmly beleives in equality...

And as someone who is known to partake in his own beer chasers...

bandit
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1435

posted 18 December 2001 01:06 PM      Profile for bandit     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's on the news that Ralphie has now admited that he has a drinking problem and vows to "cut back". since when can you just cut back.
Slick Willy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 184

posted 18 December 2001 01:13 PM      Profile for Slick Willy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
since when can you just cut back.

Since forever. Some people can regulate their habits. Some can't. Ralph says he will cut back. What makes you think that you know Ralph's abilities better than Ralph himself?
Time will tell whether Ralph has the smarts to take care of himself or not.

bandit
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1435

posted 18 December 2001 01:26 PM      Profile for bandit     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't know his personally but have an entire family of alcoholics (grandparents and uncles) and have been one myself.If you have a drinking problem than you abandon drinking you don't just cut back because one drink becomes two every time.
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 18 December 2001 04:28 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
David Kyle, was that your attempt to raise the proverbial bar? Not exactly. Your comment was noted, and not appreciated. Knock off the personal attacks of other posters.
From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trisha
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 387

posted 18 December 2001 05:34 PM      Profile for Trisha     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It is impossible to just cut back on an addiction and the guy made a public fool of himself, so we weren't out of line commenting on it. It's sad he has this illness but if he is not willing to go for a cure, then he deserves to be put down for it. His job is effects a lot of people and drunken decisions can't be considered good for anybody. Even as an illness, continuing to drink instead of seeking help is a choice.
From: Thunder Bay, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
meades
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 625

posted 18 December 2001 07:23 PM      Profile for meades     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm afraid I still can't get past DK's insulting, disgusting, and horrendous comments.

Such a display utterly sours this forum, and I think David Kyle should apologize.

[ December 18, 2001: Message edited by: meades ]

Markbo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 124

posted 18 December 2001 08:03 PM      Profile for Markbo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ralph Klein made a mistake and he took responsibility. Thats a far cry from the Liberal MP who was involved in a hit an run. How many drinks did he have????

The very fact that Ralph has visited Homeless shelters and emergency waiting rooms after hours shows he took responsibility for his policies.

No one comments that Klein took responsibility for his actions. Unheard of in Liberal politics in this day and age.

If I called the homeless people who have substance abuse problems any of the names you have called Ralph Klein you would be all over me.

Rejoicing in someone elses misfortune is pretty unseasonable. A bit of charity would be in better spirit.

According to a poll 2/3 of Albertans have not lowered their opinion of Klein. 1/3 have lowered their opinion of him for now. THat speaks to his past record of pleasing the people of Alberta.

meades
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 625

posted 18 December 2001 08:06 PM      Profile for meades     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
The very fact that Ralph has visited Homeless shelters and emergency waiting rooms
after hours shows he took responsibility for his policies.

But he did it while drunk! It's hardly even describable as responsible!

As for the Liberal MP- he should certainly at least lose his seat. Though I think this is changing the subject a bit.

Tommy_Paine
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 214

posted 18 December 2001 08:12 PM      Profile for Tommy_Paine     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So Premier Duckman is a victim in all this?

Oh man, this gets funnier and funnier.

True, perhaps it's a bit much to pick on a man with a drinking problem; it is, after all, a disease.

But, I've known lots of alcoholics that aren't raving, cowardly hypocritical dick wads.

Being a raving cowardly hypocritical dick wad isn't a disease, and, contrary to popular right wing belief, neither are they desirable character traits.

Of course, we may thank Ralph Klien for being the embodyment of Thomas Paine's astute deffinition of a tory:

quote:
Every tory is a coward, for a servile, slavish, self-interested fear is the foundation of toryism; and a man under such influence, though he may be cruel, never can he be brave.

Way to go Ralphie boy!

From: The Alley, Behind Montgomery's Tavern | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
bandit
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1435

posted 18 December 2001 08:18 PM      Profile for bandit     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He only admitted to the problem and took responsibility today so I think your accusations are a bit of a stretch. Before today he was only in good spirits and not being beligerant but merely having a heated discussion. So tit for tat up until now.As for the whole "at least he's looking at what he's doing" remark. In my mind makes him out to be even worse if he's seeing first hand the damage he's causing and doing nothing about it.
clockwork
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 690

posted 18 December 2001 08:27 PM      Profile for clockwork     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He gave the shelter bums like $75. He helped out.
bandit
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1435

posted 18 December 2001 08:47 PM      Profile for bandit     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He threw it on the floor to show how fucking superior he was before walking out the door. cursing at them to get jobs and whatnot. last I heard it was thirty dollars as well, the amount like all things changes when you cross check a story. seems to be fluctuating. By that I mean I've heard both numbers not that it matters any.If I throw some food at someone and say have some more you fat slob am I being nice?
Ken Wickman
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1932

posted 18 December 2001 08:57 PM      Profile for Ken Wickman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ah ... the antics of our politicians. It seems like only yesterday, Rene Levesque was "bumping into" people during nocturnal spins at the wheel, while a few years ago Lorne "Lightfingers" Nystrom was apprehended in a retail outlet (acquitted, later).

[ December 18, 2001: Message edited by: Ken Wickman ]

Tommy_Paine
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 214

posted 18 December 2001 09:51 PM      Profile for Tommy_Paine     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
...so I think your accusations are a bit of a stretch.

Shall we review the facts?

Premier Duckman leaves a party all juiced up. Maybe it was in somebody's basement, watching the Leaf game, but somehow I doubt it. Here's a six figure income guy, getting souced with a bunch of his cronies-- few, I bet-- who were impoverished themselves.

So, he leaves this Dickensian debauch of the priveledged and fortified with what they used to call a little "Dutch Courage" (most unfair to the Dutch, who rather unfairly got labelled chickens at the battle of Waterloo-- a British spin careful examination of the history doesn't support) goes slumming into the night, doubtless fired up by the rantings of his navel gazing tory cronies who seek to blame everything on the poor, looking for a fight.

So, he by passes my house, or any house that doesn't contain old men down on their luck, and walks inside and starts ranting at them like the lunatic he is.

Even all liquored up, Ralphie didn't have the cojones to pick on somebody who could fight back.

So, I think the facts bear out Ralphie boy's cowardice.

(Ralph, if you're listening-- if you want a real go, meet me behind the internet after school)

As for hypocrite, what has Ralphie boy ever done in the private sector himself? It's not like being Premier of Alberta is an intellectual or even political skills challenge.

As Ralphie is living proof of.

Now we come to "dick wad". You know, I have to pause here. I'm not even sure what a "dick wad" might be. Is it something used to clean one's self after intercourse? Or something to contain the steady drip, drip drip of gonorea? Without a technical deffinition, I may be on shaky ground.

But, I might point to the wisened judge who once said of pornography "I can't define it, but I know it when I see it."

I can't define "dick wad", but I know one when I see one.

Ralph Klein is a dick wad. In fact, if Ralph Klein walked into a room full of dick wads, within five minutes everyone would be pointing at him saying "Who's the dick wad?"

[ December 18, 2001: Message edited by: Tommy_Paine ]

bandit
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1435

posted 18 December 2001 10:03 PM      Profile for bandit     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
you misread me as I was responding to markbo's post calling those who poked fun at Ralph as being insensitive.I think it has been clearly stated that mr. klein is guilty of the afore mentioned and it was as a result of a substance I'll loathe until the day I die. I too hate Ralph Klein but now that he has admitted to a drinking problem it is reasonable to allow him to get some help and leave it at that if it was indeed his drinking causing such unwarranted beligerance.
Slick Willy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 184

posted 18 December 2001 10:47 PM      Profile for Slick Willy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I haven't heard anything about what was said by those in the shelter. I am just guessing here but I bet it wasn't "Hi ya Ralph, hows tricks?" So I am thinking that it amounted to one rubadub barking at another. If anything Klein will cough up some personal cash and maybe make some changes to policy regarding shelters. I mean if he is handled right. I suppose kicking his ass over it would turn him off the idea but if he can find some common ground with some of the people at the shelter maybe he will do something to ease his guilty conscience.
N.R.KISSED
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1258

posted 18 December 2001 10:51 PM      Profile for N.R.KISSED     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
he will do something to ease his guilty conscience.

...like reverse his policies that result in people ending up in shelters.

Markbo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 124

posted 18 December 2001 10:59 PM      Profile for Markbo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

But he did it while drunk! It's hardly even describable as responsible!

Thats not what I was saying, it seems as though these visits happened often. The conversation started with him asking them questions. Like he should. Visiting while drunk was dead wrong and indefensible. If he does it again he should resign.

The fact that he took responsibility for his mistake is respectable. I would respect any politician of any stripe who had the same courage. If Klein problem recurrs and he refuses to get help, he should resign like any other politician.

Thats called consistency.

quote:
As for the Liberal MP- he should certainly at least lose his seat. Though I think this is changing the subject a bit.

It would help if the liberals had the same integrity as Klein and called out his wrong behaviour when they found out what happened. Not the day he was convicted. Maybe its off topic but its the standard we should hold politicians too. The liberals lowered the bar so much that Klein should still be seen as perfect. Or do we subscribe that he should not apologize or take action until the day of his conviction in a court of law for disturbing the peace? Thankfully thats not the path he took.

[QUOTE}So Premier Duckman is a victim in all this?
Oh man, this gets funnier and funnier.

True, perhaps it's a bit much to pick on a man with a drinking problem; it is, after all, a disease.
[/QUOTE]

WHat your doing is worse, making a joke of that disease even though you acknowledge it as such.

quote:

But, I've known lots of alcoholics that aren't raving, cowardly hypocritical dick wads.

And apparantly your a rabbler that is a sober cowardly hypocritical dickwad.

quote:

Being a raving cowardly hypocritical dick wad isn't a disease, and, contrary to popular right wing belief, neither are they desirable character traits.

I wish it was so you would have a chance at a cure.

quote:

Of course, we may thank Ralph Klien for being the embodyment of Thomas Paine's astute deffinition of a tory:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Every tory is a coward, for a servile, slavish, self-interested fear is the foundation of toryism; and a man under such influence, though he may be cruel, never can he be brave.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Way to go Ralphie boy!

Its always nifty to dismiss arguments with a quote that is remarkably a slanderous lie. You are an idiot if you believe the above quote. You can dismiss tories, unfortunately you cannot out argue them. To enter into a dialogue with the references you have just given shows your closed mindedness. Why are you even here??? For cheerleading practice???

quote:

He only admitted to the problem and took responsibility today so I think your accusations are a bit of a stretch.

In the scheme of things 24 hours is not much to ask to think about your actions.

quote:
As for the whole "at least he's looking at what he's doing" remark. In my mind makes him out to be even worse if he's seeing first hand the damage he's causing and doing nothing about it.

Yeah like the damage of making Alberta the most prosperous country that scores the best on education tests? WHATEVER???

quote:
goes slumming into the night, doubtless fired up by the rantings of his navel gazing tory cronies who seek to blame everything on the poor, looking for a fight.

No facts here. From witnesses accounts he was asking them why they didn't have jobs and other relavent questions.

quote:
So, I think the facts bear out Ralphie boy's cowardice.

(Ralph, if you're listening-- if you want a real go, meet me behind the internet after school)

Like you could fight him. He's won alberta's opinion over on every issue, every politician. No one has matched him. Your view is not that he went in drunk. You are saying he had no right to discuss issues with them at all. THats elitist. Something Ralph has proven beyond all doubt that he is not. In fact its part of his current drinking problem. Running his Calgary mayoral campaign from a bar. Just so he could talk to the average Calgarian.

quote:

As for hypocrite, what has Ralphie boy ever done in the private sector himself? It's not like being Premier of Alberta is an intellectual or even political skills challenge.

quote:
But, I might point to the wisened judge who once said of pornography "I can't define it, but I know it when I see it."

Thanks for defending my use of the word when describing yourself.

quote:

Ralph Klein is a dick wad. In fact, if Ralph Klein walked into a room full of dick wads, within five minutes everyone would be pointing at him saying "Who's the dick wad?"

And what would they say when you walked into the room?

Pimji
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 228

posted 18 December 2001 11:05 PM      Profile for Pimji   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I actually do believe what Ralph said today. I’m sure he was quite sincere. Anyone who has ever lived with or who has family members who have a drinking problem have also heard these same words. “I know I got into trouble. It was a stupid thing to do. I’m sorry. I’ll change. I’ll control my drinking.” Then the whole cycle starts again. The sneaking, then lying and then another mishap so on it goes.
I have to give Klien credit for his admission today. It’s a tough thing to do. Millions of people all over Canada live with alcoholism every day. I bet that some of those guys in that homeless shelter had successful lives at one time. Men that had families, jobs, good credit but drank it all away along with any ounce of self esteem and self worth. Our jails and shelters are full of people who have landed there as a direct result of their addiction.
Controlling a drinking habit is a very hard thing to do. Every time I’ve tried I always wound up making up for lost time. The consequences only got worse. Most addicts and alcoholics don’t recover. The odds are slim, especially with the cut backs to health care. 90% of addicts and alcoholics that stay clean for the first year, stay clean for the rest of their lives. The first time I went to get help I had to wait for 6 weeks before a bed was available. After 6 weeks I was right back where I left off. That was in the early 90's. It wasn’t until 2 years later and looking at a year in the can that I made a firm comitment to try again. The treatment centre I went to was later closed down by Mike Harris.
I would recommend to Klien that every time he feels like taking a drink that he hang out at the shelter for a few days and listen to the life stories of those guys. They would sober him up pretty fast.

[ December 18, 2001: Message edited by: Pimji ]

Ken Wickman
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1932

posted 18 December 2001 11:07 PM      Profile for Ken Wickman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Naomi Klein ... Ralph Klein: separated at birth:

Evidence:

Ralph turns up on doorstep of a shelter, an uninvited guest

Naomi turns up on Rosedale doorstep, uninvited guest at Nelson Mandela benefit

Ralph becomes obnoxious, talking in loud tones

Naomi becomes obnoxious, talking in loud tones.

Ralph leaves some twenty and ten dollar bills for his host

Naomi says she will donate some money to the cause of African Orphans .... (the cheque's in the mail)

Ralph comes clean in press conference, admits he has a problem.

Naomi writes column in Globe and Mail, admiting the hosts (of the party she crashed) have a problem.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree....

Debra
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 117

posted 18 December 2001 11:09 PM      Profile for Debra   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually some of the guys staying there have jobs yet can't afford a place to stay.
clockwork
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 690

posted 18 December 2001 11:12 PM      Profile for clockwork     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Why are you even here???

harhar. That is pretty funny, Markbo.

Tommy_Paine
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 214

posted 18 December 2001 11:25 PM      Profile for Tommy_Paine     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"And what would they say when you walked into the room?"

They'd say "Excuse me sir, this is dick wads anonymous, you must want insightful, witty commentary, they're waiting for their teacher two doors down."

Neener, Neener Neener

Pimji
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 228

posted 18 December 2001 11:29 PM      Profile for Pimji   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree Earthmother. It's the classic case of people on the lower end of the socio economic scale of Canada that are continually being used as political footballs.
I hope that Klien might see that addiction does cross the poverty line. part of the denial is that "It will never happen to me and I will never be like them."

Markbo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 124

posted 19 December 2001 12:11 AM      Profile for Markbo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Actually some of the guys staying there have jobs yet can't afford a place to stay.

Yeah, and Klein requested a detailed list of all programs to help the homeless. It looks like some good may come of this yet.

Clockwork, what ever do you mean?

Markbo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 124

posted 19 December 2001 12:15 AM      Profile for Markbo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If ever someone misrepresented the views of Thomas Paine, it is you. Maybe its not coincidental that his title Common sense ended up being used again. The British Tories of 1776 are a far cry from the current situation.

No one could argue against Ralph Klein screw up was big. But becareful of the standards they set as they will be used against politicians of other stripes who are just as susceptible to disease.

Use them against Liberals who hit and run and wait until conviction day to resign from the party. WHile the party remains silent.

Ralph Klein and his party will be at the polls again. We will watch them win again. So much for the so called desire for democracy. IT will again be delivered to albertans and ignored by many rabblers.

Trisha
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 387

posted 19 December 2001 12:37 AM      Profile for Trisha     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I saw, or rather heard, Ralph Klein's interview on CBC and was very disappointed. Here's a man who can afford to go to a private clinic for help who thinks he can help himself. He'll be drunk again before the holiday season is over, but he'll be better at hiding it. For his own sake, I hope he only goes this route once then goes for real help.

As far as I can see, he's only giving "lip service" because he got caught big time.

From: Thunder Bay, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 19 December 2001 02:24 AM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ken Wickman. Quit with the trolling.
From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
NP
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 226

posted 19 December 2001 09:36 AM      Profile for NP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My father and I were talking about this over the phone yesterday. We came to the conclusion that the only way the Tories will lose an election with Ralph Klein as leader would be if: 1)He speeds through a playground zone and smashes into a schoolbus, killing all of the children inside and 2)He is drunk and 3)There is child pornography is the trunk of his car and 4)He does this on consecutive days. The and only then would Albertans see a change...a Tory minority government.
From: The city that rhymes with fun | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Victor Von Mediaboy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 554

posted 19 December 2001 11:11 AM      Profile for Victor Von Mediaboy   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It would be very easy for Ralph Klein to lose an election:

• Raise provincial taxes.
  • Boost welfare spending.
  • Hand over oil royalties to the federal government.
  • Publically support federal gun control.
  • Say out loud, "some of my best friends are gay."

From: A thread has merit only if I post to it. So sayeth VVMB! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 19 December 2001 02:54 PM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

The way I heard it put last Alberta election was "The only way Ralph Klein would lose the election is if he got caught with his pants down boffing someone not his wife."

From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
'lance
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1064

posted 19 December 2001 03:13 PM      Profile for 'lance     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Or as they used to put it in Texas politics, "that guy will only lose if he's found in bed with a dead girl or a live boy."
From: that enchanted place on the top of the Forest | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ken Wickman
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1932

posted 19 December 2001 03:15 PM      Profile for Ken Wickman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So .. my comments re. Klein and Klein (Ralph and Naomi) are trolling? Methinks, perchance, had I only referred to Ralph (and not to Naomi), there would be no charge of trolling.

I just wanted to say that politicians (and public figures) of all stripes have their foibles. This is what makes them human.

I have a feeling (perhaps erroneous) that it's okay on Babble to lambaste, castigate, denigrate, ridicule ... whomever (whatever), as long as the target is someone (or something) on the Right.

Some of the comments re. Ralph Klein, on this thread, go beyond political commentary. They are quite harsh, and personal in nature. Why aren't they labelled as "trolling threads"

Just wondering.

vaudree
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1331

posted 19 December 2001 03:45 PM      Profile for vaudree     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The thing about alcohol is that it makes you more like yourself - only worse. So much for inhibiting the inhibitor - or is right-wing politics more about controling others rather than controling one`s self.

Thank you for bringing a bit of joy for this Xmas season. It is going to be a difficult one.

From: Just outside St. Boniface | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
bandit
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1435

posted 19 December 2001 03:53 PM      Profile for bandit     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I totally do not agree with that vaudree the reason I quit was because I did some really stupid things that were totally unlike me and I drank to such a dangerous level that I could have died.Considering his policy it seems as if this is how he really feels but we can't be certain and I think we should leave it at that. There are plenty of valid criticisms we can make of him and this is no longer one of them now that he has admited to having a problem.Markbo regardless of ideology is right on this one.
Victor Von Mediaboy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 554

posted 19 December 2001 04:01 PM      Profile for Victor Von Mediaboy   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey, who amongst us hasn't run a province while drunk? I mean really? I remember when I was the premier of Prince Edward Island, hoo boy! I avoided sobriety like the plague!

Besides, you just know those glasses of water on MPs' desks in the House of Commons aren't really water . . .

[ December 19, 2001: Message edited by: Kneel before MediaBoy ]

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 19 December 2001 05:44 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Once I was the king of Spain
(now I eat humble pie)

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Markbo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 124

posted 20 December 2001 12:00 PM      Profile for Markbo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
The thing about alcohol is that it makes you more like yourself - only worse. So much for inhibiting the inhibitor - or is right-wing politics more about controling others rather than controling one`s self.

Do you mean as left-wing politics being more about forcing others to take responsibilty for your actions and not taking responsibility for one's self?

vaudree
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1331

posted 20 December 2001 12:54 PM      Profile for vaudree     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Social democracy is more about empowering others than enslaving others. Communism starts with that ideal but then lapses in to a "father knows best" routine that often turns communism into fascism.

Our lives have meaning only if we make this a better world. Believing in others and empowering others (i.e., bringing in universal daycare) and believing that every life is worthwhile (i.e., universal healthcare) does that.

I think why we smirk so much at Ralph Klein was because it was his desire to be above us all and omnipotent that allowed the problem to go on for so long. In a way admitting he has a problem is like admitting to the world that he is the same as those he dispised most. Unlike Klein, Jesus Mohmammed Mother Teresa ect al were about giving dignity to those the world deemed unworthy of dignity.

Some of us idealists have jekle and hyde personalities and the part we inhibit when sober comes out when drunk. Sometimes even if drink does not inhibit the inhibitor people drink as an excuse to let that personality out.

Ralph was an open book. Sobriety wonn`t change him, but admitting that he is much like those he dispised most might.

What was that I read along time ago about projection - hating most in others what you cannot accept in yourself? The incident which exposed the emperor`s nakedness was more than symbollic.

From: Just outside St. Boniface | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Slick Willy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 184

posted 20 December 2001 01:53 PM      Profile for Slick Willy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hey, who amongst us hasn't run a province while drunk?

Does having great influence over a banana republic while sucking shooters out of a virgin's navel count?

Ian the second
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 732

posted 20 December 2001 02:11 PM      Profile for Ian the second   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Vaudree wrote:

"Ralph was an open book. Sobriety wonn`t change him, but admitting that he is much like those he dispised most might.

What was that I read along time ago about projection - hating most in others what you cannot accept in yourself? The incident which exposed the emperor`s nakedness was more than symbollic."

Damn. It's as I feared. I'm too late in posting my diatribe about how hypocritical the media - and most who read it - are in thinking of "poor Ralph with the drinking problem, who insults poor people who are of course poor by their own choice". Well give me a fucking break.

I don't see why when King Ralph insults someone it's a mistake - something he has no control over, and yet the mistakes of people living in the shelter are glossed over. Like THEY don't matter - THEY're just ordinary people like the rest of us, incapable of ever aspiring to Ralph fucking Klien's drunken splendour.

I don't want daily updates on his fucking AA meetings, or how many Heinies he chased with how many shots of what. THIS DOESN'T MATTER!!!

P.S. Defile a newspaper box in YOUR town.

..?
<
=

Ian

From: Toronto City, Toronto | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Victor Von Mediaboy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 554

posted 20 December 2001 02:12 PM      Profile for Victor Von Mediaboy   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Does having great influence over a banana republic while sucking shooters out of a virgin's navel count?

I'd have to say that having great influence over a crappy clothing store wouldn't count.

Markbo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 124

posted 20 December 2001 03:38 PM      Profile for Markbo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here's the thing, I have the same intentions as you, my methodology is different.

quote:
Social democracy is more about empowering others than enslaving others.

I'm about empowering people by letting them keep as much of their money as possible. Taxing people does not empower them it disempowers them by taking away their right to decide how to spend their money.

quote:
Our lives have meaning only if we make this a better world. Believing in others and empowering others (i.e., bringing in universal daycare) and believing that every life is worthwhile (i.e., universal healthcare) does that.

Social programs are not the only way to make this a better world. Building a company that provides products, services and jobs makes this a better world. Providing opportunity makes this a better world. Allowing a system that creates wealth in ways that it can be spent on education, health care and improves living standards makes those lives worthwhile.

quote:

I think why we smirk so much at Ralph Klein was because it was his desire to be above us all and omnipotent that allowed the problem to go on for so long.

Thats a peversion of the truth. It was Ralph Klein's desire to lower unemployment, build an education system that gave kids the best education in Canada. These desires were accomplished. It was his desire to NOT to be held above us all that led to his problem going on for so long. THis is evidenced by him running his Mayoral campaigns from bars so that he could keep in touch with the average working man. This is evidenced by him making late night trips to homeless shelters and hospitals so that he could keep in touch with us all. I cannot believe how you twist that desire into the opposite intent.

quote:

In a way admitting he has a problem is like admitting to the world that he is the same as those he dispised most.

The only people you could infer that he despised would be people who do not try to better themselves or take responsibility for their situation. His admitting he has a problem once more shows he is very different for those people.

quote:

Unlike Klein, Jesus Mohmammed Mother Teresa ect al were about giving dignity to those the world deemed unworthy of dignity.

GIving dignity is far from giving handouts. Giving dignity is building a province that has the lowest unemployment rate, the highest education standards.

People take pleasure in his problems because they cannot reconcile the success that Ralph Klein has had with the methods he uses that they fight so hard. You will use every excuse to justify why ALberta is so successful except the policies of Ralph Klein. How long can you bury your heads in the sand before you acknowledge the success of his policies.

[ December 20, 2001: Message edited by: Markbo ]

DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 20 December 2001 04:14 PM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
It was Ralph Klein's desire to lower unemployment, build an education system that gave kids the best education in Canada.

I thought it was his desire to subsidize his oil and gas buddies based out of Calgary. Alberta subsidizes its oil and gas industry about 4x the amount that Saskatchewan subsidizes its oil and gas industry.

Markbo, your panegyric to Ralph Klein is just embarassing to read. You're just missing the part where you get on your hands and knees and kiss his ass.

From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
freedom2002
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1309

posted 21 December 2001 12:26 PM      Profile for freedom2002     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
you can laugh at the miserable , obnoxious , drunken bully all you want , but with the help of his buddies in the media , he's turned his newfound ? weakness into a major public relations coup. poor ralph , my ass. his drunken behaviour is nothing new and his government is a major factor in the creation of homelessness in alberta. in spite of all the media hype about his caring and his good deeds towards the homeless , he doesn't give a rat's ass about us.
From: calgary , alberta , canada | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Markbo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 124

posted 03 January 2002 12:37 AM      Profile for Markbo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
DrC you can say whatever you want but how many more successes do conservative governments have to enjoy and how many failures so socialist governments have to endure before you recognize a correllation???
DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 03 January 2002 01:11 AM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I dunno, Roy Romanow and Gary Doer seem to be doing all right

The NDP has done well in Saskatchewan and Manitoba because they, in general, didn't gump about like drunken elephants as soon as they were in charge.

Markbo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 124

posted 03 January 2002 01:50 AM      Profile for Markbo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I dunno but romanow's health care reform in Alberta looks a lot like Harris's to me.
Marc
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 287

posted 03 January 2002 02:23 AM      Profile for Marc     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I dunno but romanow's health care reform in Alberta looks a lot like Harris's to me.
Romanow in Alberta? I wish!

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca