FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » Cold hard cash

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Cold hard cash
'lance
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1064

posted 24 September 2001 12:54 PM      Profile for 'lance     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Listening to the Mother Corp created a brief instant of worry:

"The US has launched a massive attack..."

followed by relief:

"... on the financial assets of the al Qaeda network."

From: that enchanted place on the top of the Forest | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
agent007
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1189

posted 24 September 2001 01:18 PM      Profile for agent007     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
'lance, I'm just waiting for some bright wit to give us the true interpretation of this "new war (financial, that is)" -- how it will take food out of the mouth of babes...
Do you suppose that rabble.ca will be the first with such wisdom?!

From: Niagara Falls ON | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
'lance
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1064

posted 24 September 2001 01:39 PM      Profile for 'lance     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cynical, cynical, relogged!
From: that enchanted place on the top of the Forest | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Victor Von Mediaboy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 554

posted 24 September 2001 01:50 PM      Profile for Victor Von Mediaboy   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From the CBC report:

quote:
Over the weekend, Pakistan pulled its diplomatic staff out of Afghanistan's capital Kabul, saying it was concerned about the security situation in the country. It left its ambassador in place.

Geez, I wouldn't want to be the Pakistani ambassador to Afghanistan right now!

From: A thread has merit only if I post to it. So sayeth VVMB! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca