babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » national news   » And now to state the incredibly obvious

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: And now to state the incredibly obvious
rasmus
malcontent
Babbler # 621

posted 20 September 2001 04:13 PM      Profile for rasmus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Last week some talking head with a British accent was expostulating on the tribal origins of the names of the various hijackers. Meanwhile here's me thinking, um, if the passports are fake what makes you believe the names are real???!!?

Well now this incredibly obvious point surfaces in the mainstream press.

From: Fortune favours the bold | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 20 September 2001 05:13 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wondered something similar all along - did anyone notice that on the CNN website, when they listed those who were suspected terrorists on the airplanes that there were reasons that they were suspected? Most of them had things like, formerly under observation due to associates, or pilot licenses. But a couple of them had no reason other than the fact that the guys had Arab names and were on the flight. I guess it's impossible to imagine that perhaps some poor guy who happened to be an Arab American just happened to be on one of those flights?
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 20 September 2001 05:22 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Every paper and every newsmagazine in North America: back-pedalling now. How many have you seen reporting those names and running those photos with the customary "alleged"s attached?
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 20 September 2001 05:25 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know what you mean, Skdadl. I've been looking into Mohammed Atta's eyes for a week and having nightmares. If it turns out not to be him (or anyone else whose pictures have been shown), how will they live in this world after people like me have emotionally linked their likenesses with this attack?
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doug
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 44

posted 20 September 2001 09:38 PM      Profile for Doug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've been having some really awful dreams too. A few nights ago I had a dream in which someone crashed a plane into the mall across the road from me. Last night, I don't remember the dream that made me wake up, but I woke up in a panic attack.
From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
nonsuch
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1402

posted 21 September 2001 02:17 AM      Profile for nonsuch     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wasn't it also just a tiny bit odd that they had suspects (indeed, a prime suspect - i believe the quote is "His fingerprints are all over it." which sounds like hard evidence, but is only a figure of speech) hours before any evidence could possibly be gathered?
Further questions: How do we know that anyone was involved who didn't die? What grounds for assuming that the whole thing could not have been conceived and carried out by an independent group? Why Arabs? Why not Greens or Blacks or Reds?
Do we really know anything?
Do the investigators really know anything? If so, would they tell us?
Plenty of nightmares - no answers.
N

From: coming and going | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca