babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » rabble writers' circle   » Hairy Pothead in the news

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Hairy Pothead in the news
Dana Larsen
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10033

posted 20 September 2007 07:16 PM      Profile for Dana Larsen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought I should start a new thread for this as the last thread is very long.

The Hairy Pothead book got some media coverage today, with the following story in the Victoria Times Colonist and possibly other CanWest news outlets:

quote:
Thursday, September 20, 2007

Pot pusher parodies Potter book

CanWest News Service
Victoria Times Colonist

VANCOUVER -- Once the smoke clears, what will British author J.K. Rowling have to say about Hairy Pothead?

Vancouver pot advocate Marc Emery and co-author Dana Larsen -- who manages a Vancouver company that sells marijuana seeds by mail-order -- have penned a pot-filled parody of the Harry Potter boy-wizard saga entitled, Hairy Pothead & The Marijuana Stone.

The book is set for release on Oct. 20 and follows the high-jinks of Hairy, "an ordinary boy -- until he is rescued by a biker, gets a glass bong, rides the magic bus, lives in a Cannabis Castle, attends Hempwards School of Herbcraft and Weedery, learns to play Qannabbi, does battle with an evil policeman, and smokes tons of fine marijuana."

According to the book's website: "Hairy Pothead is a hilarious and subversive parody which will be enjoyed by anyone who gets a kick out of cannabis."

It will be published by Cannabis Culture Magazine and includes 12 illustrations.

Of course Marc Emery is not the co-author, but he is the publisher through Cannabis Culture.

The book is also mentioned on the Province Newspaper's website as part of a bunch of small amusing stories:

The link is here

quote:
Oh, He's Done it Now! . . .

If Vancouver pot advocate/activist/agitator Marc Emery thought he had troubles with the U.S. Justice Department for selling marijuana seeds across the border through the mail, just wait til author J.K. Rowlings' legal posse gets its mitts on the self-proclaimed ganja guru!

Always jonesing for a hit off the publicity bong, Emery and co-author/conspirator Dana Larsen have penned a pot-filled parody of the Harry Potter boy-wizard saga entitled, Hairy Pothead & The Marijuana Stone.

The book, released Oct. 20 to Chapters Books, Borders Books, Books-a-Million (though that might very well change!), follows the high-jinks of Hairy, "an ordinary boy -- until he is rescued by a biker, gets a glass bong, rides the magic bus, lives in a Cannabis Castle, attends Hempwards School of Herbcraft and Weedery, learns to play Qannabbi, does battle with an evil policeman, and smokes tons of fine marijuana."

She's not gonna like this. Not one little bit.

And finally, i was interviewed today by Doug Ward of the Vancouver Sun today, for an article which will be appearing on Friday Sept 20.

Dana Larsen
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10033

posted 21 September 2007 02:00 AM      Profile for Dana Larsen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here's the Vancouver Sun story... i think it's great!

quote:
B.C. bud inspires hemp-tinged parody of Harry Potter series

NDP candidate hopes success of Mary Jane fantasy will see him rolling in it

Doug Ward, Vancouver Sun

Published: Friday, September 21, 2007

THE PROVINCE - A federal NDP candidate has written a book that reads like something J.K. Rowling might have conjured up, if she smoked B.C. bud.

It's called Hairy Pothead and the Marijuana Stone and features a character with the same name who lives an ordinary life until he's rescued by a biker, gets a glass bong and is taken to Cannabis Castle where he attends Hempwards School of Herbcraft and Weedery and smokes a tonne of marijuana.

Sound vaguely familiar?

The potted parody of Rowling's hit Harry Potter series is written by Dana Larsen, the NDP candidate in the riding of West Vancouver-Sunshine Coast.

Larsen has read all seven of the Potter fantasy novels and is a big Rowling fan.

He acknowledges that others have called forth Harry or Hairy Pothead parodies, but said he's the first to roll the concept into a book.

Larsen's Hairy Pothead learns to play Qannabbi instead of Quidditch, meets Delirious Bake instead of Sirius Black -- and on it goes with other Rowlingesque characters such as Master Head Alwaze Duinthadope, Professor Moruvva McGanjagal and other stoner members of the Hempwards staff.

Larsen said he's not concerned Hairy Pothead might put off some voters who don't share his enthusiasm for weed and hemp.

The New Democrat said he's always been upfront about his marijuana activism -- even during his nomination, which he won earlier this year by acclamation.

Larsen, 36, manages the Vancouver Seed Bank, which sells marijuana seeds by mail order. He is the former editor of Cannabis Culture Magazine.

He is also a good friend and colleague of Marc Emery, the B.C.-based "Prince of Pot" who is being targeted by the U.S. federal government for selling marijuana seeds through the mail to U.S. customers.

Emery edited and published Hairy Pothead.

Larsen's book is being sold in a magazine format, at $8.95, with an initial run of 30,000 copies. He said it will be available at both head shops and chain book stores.

He said he hopes to follow Rowling's example and write sequels if his initial offering is popular.

"If I attract only a tiny fraction of the audience Harry Potter got, then my book will be a bestseller."

dward@png.canwest.com
© The Vancouver Sun 2007

======================

And a different version of the same story from the Edmonton Journal:

========================

quote:
NDP candidate spoofs Harry Potter
Vancouver Sun; CanWest News Service

VANCOUVER - A federal NDP candidate has written a book that reads like something J.K. Rowling might have conjured up, if she smoked B.C. bud.

It's called Hairy Pothead and features a character with the same name who lives an ordinary life until he's rescued by a biker, gets a glass bong and is taken to Cannabis Castle, where he attends Hempwards School of Herbcraft and Weedery and smokes a lot of marijuana.

The parody of Rowling's hit Harry Potter series is written by Dana Larsen, the NDP candidate in the riding of West Vancouver-Sunshine Coast.

Larsen's Hairy Pothead learns to play Qannabbi instead of Quidditch and meets Delirious Bake instead of Sirius Black.

Larsen said he's not concerned that Hairy Pothead might put off some voters.

The New Democrat said that he's always been up-front about his marijuana activism -- even during his nomination, which he won earlier this year by acclamation after nobody else ran.

Larsen, 36, manages the Vancouver Seed Bank, which sells marijuana seeds by mail order and is the former editor of Cannabis Culture Magazine. "I figure I know more about pot and marijuana issues than almost anyone else in the world, so I think I was uniquely qualified to write this book."

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 21 September 2007 03:44 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dana, that's awesome! You rock. I'm so glad you posted it here while you were creating it!
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
quelar
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2739

posted 21 September 2007 04:50 AM      Profile for quelar     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Congratulations!

And I hope they don't go after you too hard, but then again, I sort of do...so that it brings more attention to our stupid prohibition laws.

From: In Dig Nation | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Albireo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3052

posted 21 September 2007 05:00 AM      Profile for Albireo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Link to the original thread, just for the record. I never kept up with the thread at the time, but maybe I'll go have a look...

Congrats, Dana. This is a real success for you, regardless of how many books you sell, or how much you get sued for.

Dana Larsen
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10033

posted 21 September 2007 05:28 AM      Profile for Dana Larsen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I really don't expect any legal problems from anyone.

The National Post picked up the story too...

quote:
Friday, September 21, 2007

Vancouver authors pen Hairy Pothead & The Marijuana Stone

CanWest News Service
The National Post

A federal NDP candidate has written a book that reads like something J.K. Rowling might have conjured up, if she smoked B.C. bud.

It is called Hairy Pothead and features a character with the same name who lives an ordinary life until he is rescued by a biker, gets a glass bong and is taken to Cannabis Castle where he attends Hempwards School of Herbcraft and Weedery and smokes a lot of marijuana.

The parody of Rowling's hit Harry Potter series is written by Dana Larsen, the NDP candidate in the riding of West Vancouver-Sunshine Coast.

Mr. Larsen's Hairy Pothead learns to play Qannabbi instead of Quidditch, meets Delirious Bake instead of Sirius Black -- and on it goes with other Rowlingesque characters such as Master Head Alwaze Duinthadope.

He is not concerned that Hairy Pothead might put off voters who do not share his enthusiasm for weed, Mr. Larsen said.

Dana Larsen
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10033

posted 21 September 2007 05:30 AM      Profile for Dana Larsen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There will be a special Book Release Party at the Vancouver Seed Bank (872 East Hastings) on Saturday, Sept 29, from 2-8pm.

The party is $3 admission, and includes hourly pot giveaways, weedy raffles, a book reading and signing (4-5pm), and other fun times!

For info on the party, call the Vancouver Seed Bank at 778-329-1930 or email seeds@VancouverSeedBank.ca.

Thanks again to michelle and Babble for your support.

To order your copy of Hairy Pothead, please send your mailing address and $10 payment to:

VSB Canada
88008 Chinatown RPO
Vancouver, BC
Canada, V6A 4A4

Please make your money order or cheque out to: "Dana Larsen"

[ 23 September 2007: Message edited by: Dana Larsen ]

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 21 September 2007 05:35 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dana, check your private messages!
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dana Larsen
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10033

posted 23 September 2007 08:15 PM      Profile for Dana Larsen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hairy Pothead got into the UK Metro today...

Weedy Harry the pot-head

quote:
Weedy Harry the pot-head
Sunday, September 23, 2007
Harry Potter has been transformed into a dope-smoking waster in the latest parody of JK Rowling's multi-million selling creation.

The Hogwarts hero magically becomes Hairy Pot-Head, a pupil at Hempwards School of Herbcraft and Weedery in the story, in Cannabis Culture magazine (pictured).

Hairy, complete with cannabis leaf-shaped scar, ditches the Philosopher's Stone in favour of the Marijuana Stone, plays Qannabi instead of Quidditch and hangs out with Professor McGanjagal and Alwaze Duinthadope.

The Canadian magazine, which will print the story next month, said: 'Hairy Pot-Head thinks he is an ordinary boy – until he is rescued by a biker, gets a glass bong, rides the Magic Bus, does battle with a policeman, and smokes tons of marijuana. The reason: Hairy Pot-Head is a Weedster!'

Chapters of the story by Dana Larsen have already been published online.

One reader responded: 'Very cool. Hope Rowling has a sense of humour.'

Dana Larsen
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10033

posted 24 September 2007 12:08 AM      Profile for Dana Larsen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Scotland Record

quote:
24 September 2007
Potter Rotters

CHEEKY cannabis fans have transformed Harry Potter into a dope-smoking "hero" called Hairy Pothead.

"Hairy" is a "weedster" instead of a wizard.

He studies at Hempwards School of Herbcraft and Weedery, where the teachers include headmaster Alwaze Duinthadope and Professor McGanjagal.

Students at Hempwards are told that essential items of equipment include a glass "bong", or cannbis pipe, brass scales, a herb grinder and a "stash tin".

The spoof is due to be published by Canadian magazine Cannabis Culture but Harry Potter author JK Rowling is unlikely to be amused. She has launched legal action in the past to protect her copyright.

quelar
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2739

posted 24 September 2007 11:13 AM      Profile for quelar     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Great job Dana!
From: In Dig Nation | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dana Larsen
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10033

posted 24 September 2007 10:24 PM      Profile for Dana Larsen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks. I was interviewed today by Michelle (moderator here) for a story to appear on this website soon.

I was also interviewed today by the North Shore News, a local newspaper in my riding.

Albireo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3052

posted 24 September 2007 10:37 PM      Profile for Albireo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dana Larsen:
Thanks. I was interviewed today by Michelle (moderator here) for a story to appear on this website soon.
How did you respond to her plea for more generosity and sharing? How will your reputation suffer when the Rabble headlines scream

Pothead author Bogarts that joint

?

Dana Larsen
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10033

posted 24 September 2007 10:53 PM      Profile for Dana Larsen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
How did you respond to her plea for more generosity and sharing? How will your reputation suffer when the Rabble headlines scream

Pothead author Bogarts that joint

?

I don't usually bogart anything. Cannabis is meant to be shared.

I'd be happy to share a jay with any babblers who come by the Vancouver Seed Bank, especially this Saturday for the release party.

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 27 September 2007 05:26 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Read all about it!

Thanks for the interview, Dana! The story's up on rabble now.

kropotkin1951
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2732

posted 28 September 2007 04:28 PM      Profile for kropotkin1951   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Groovy!!!!
From: North of Manifest Destiny | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dana Larsen
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10033

posted 29 September 2007 10:39 PM      Profile for Dana Larsen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
By the seed and the stalk! Top story on Rabble for 3 days. That is great Michelle, thank you so much for the article and support.

We had a fun but rainy time today at the release party at the Vancouver Seed Bank.

anchovy breather
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 14223

posted 29 September 2007 11:06 PM      Profile for anchovy breather     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Look out Dana. Canada's worst health minister in decades might be on your tail.

From Rabble:

quote:
“At one point, it was a big deal to be gay, but now it's not a big deal. For most people, it's not a big deal if you smoke pot. But in the political arena, you won't find many MPs or MLAs who say, 'Sure, I smoke pot and I enjoy it.' I'd like to see that transition, like the gay rights movement, for the marijuana rights movement as well.”

And from CBC, regarding the Cons 'get tough'on drugs policy:

quote:
Shortly after taking office early last year, the Conservatives decided not to go ahead with a Liberal bill to decriminalize small amounts of marijuana.

Since then, the number of people arrested for smoking pot has jumped dramatically in several Canadian cities, in some cases jumping by more than one third.

Toronto, Vancouver, Ottawa and Halifax all reported increases of between 20 and 50 per cent in 2006 of arrests for possession of cannabis, compared with the previous year.

As a result thousands of people were charged with an act that, under the previous Liberal government, was on the verge of being decriminalized.

Police forces said many young people were under the impression that the decriminalization bill had already passed and were smoking up more boldly than they've ever done before.

Clement says his government wants to clear up the uncertainty.

"There's been a lot of mixed messages going out about illicit drugs," Clement said in an interview Saturday after a symposium designed to bring together Canada's arts and health communities to combat mental health issues.

There's also a health-care cost element to suggesting to young people that using illicit drugs is OK, the minister said.

I wonder WTF Tony Clement is on sometimes, bit he probably has legal script for whateva the hell it is.

From: rotating, random | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Dana Larsen
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10033

posted 03 October 2007 09:59 PM      Profile for Dana Larsen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am grateful for the support of Rabble and the members of this forum.

I didn't warn some of my local NDP comrades that I had this book coming out, so a few of them were taken aback when they saw my face in the Vancouver Sun.

Of course I think that my book will probably help my election efforts more than it would hurt them, but certainly having your local NDP candidate write a book like this is worrisome to some.

A majority of the NDP members in my riding seem to think that the idea of the book is humorous and aren't concerned at all, which is nice. I'd hate to see my candidacy threatened by something like this.

However, absolutely no-one has contacted me directly to complain, and I have received no negative comments from anyone at all.

I have received a few emails and orders from people who saw the book on the Rabble website and are now placing orders.

Dana Larsen
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10033

posted 05 October 2007 02:25 AM      Profile for Dana Larsen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WV riding could go to pot

quote:
Federal NDP candidate thinks marijuana should be legal

Jane Seyd, North Shore News
Published: Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The federal NDP candidate for West Vancouver says he's not worried that a pot-laced parody of Harry Potter he wrote will cost him votes -- on the contrary, Dana Larsen says he's hoping his marijuana-focused novel will help educate the public and entertain people who agree with him that pot should be legal.

"I think the majority of people in B.C. support ending the war on drugs," said Larsen. "If anything, it might attract people."

Larsen, 36, was nominated by acclamation earlier this year as the federal NDP candidate in the West Vancouver-Sunshine Coast-Sea-to-Sky riding. Larsen, who lives on the Sunshine Coast, joined the party in 2003 after previously being active in the Marijuana Party. A marijuana activist, Larsen was also editor of Cannabis Culture magazine for many years.

Most recently, however, Larsen has turned his literary efforts to a full-length parody of author J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter books -- a version that's liberally cloaked in tell-tale blue smoke that has nothing to do with conventional wizardry.

Hairy Pothead and the Marijuana Stone features a character who think he is an ordinary boy -- until he is rescued by a bike, gets a glass bong, lives in Cannabis Castle and attends Hempwards School of Herbcraft and Weedery. And that's just the beginning.

An initial print run of 30,000 copies are being printed in magazine format by Cannabis Culture magazine and will be for sale this month in the magazine section of many bookstores.

"I'm hoping it's popular enough that we have to make some reprints," said Larsen.

The author, who counts himself has an avid Harry Potter fan, said he's not concerned about any legal troubles stemming from the parody. Many other people have written take-offs on the books and the characters in Rowling's novels and posted them online, said Larsen.

"I don't think anybody will pick up my book and think it's the next instalment of Harry Potter."

Larsen, whose day job is working at the Vancouver Seed Bank -- which sells marijuana seeds through the mail -- said he didn't check with anyone from the NDP before going public with Hairy Pothead but he doesn't think the book will cost him politically.

"I didn't send Jack Layton an e-mail," he said. ". . . they knew I was a marijuana activist when they took me on as a candidate."

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 05 October 2007 05:20 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How did your release party go, Dana?
Dana Larsen
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10033

posted 05 October 2007 10:52 AM      Profile for Dana Larsen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
How did your release party go, Dana?

It was a very rainy day, but we had a fun time. We rented tents for the outdoor part of our lounge so we could stay dry. I did a reading of the first chapter, which I enjoyed doing.

We have a party at the Seed Bank every month, so it was a combination release party and the usual end-of-month shindig.

We also had a pair of cops come by the store, because we had a noise complaint. We weren't being extremely noisy, but we had music playing and I was announcing the weed raffles and giveaways over the mike. But the police were as friendly as possible under the circumstances, and they didn't try to start and trouble about the flagrant pot smoking that was going on out back. So that was alright.

I would like to have aome other readings or releases at different bookstores, but that depends on the interest. I am looking at contacting some bookstores in my riding but it's still preliminary.

Slumberjack
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10108

posted 05 October 2007 02:22 PM      Profile for Slumberjack     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Gotta be honest here and say that I found it to be an impenetrable tome. The first few installments were worth a chuckle, mostly for its alternative storyline, but overall, I got lost in the weeds. That's just my take, and then again, I haven't read a good book in years. But hey, I'm glad it's getting some exposure and wish you every success with it.
From: An Intensive De-Indoctrination, But I'm Fine Now | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dana Larsen
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10033

posted 06 October 2007 07:17 PM      Profile for Dana Larsen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well I hardly expect my work to be beloved by every single person who reads it. Although if you haven't "read a good book in years" then maybe your standards are pretty high, as I am sure there's been one or two good books published during the past few years.

The final version in print is somewhat different than what was posted here. There was a lot of editing and rewriting between these first draft posts and the final publication. And it's a lot more reader-friendly to read a book in print than as long posts on a chat forum.

But hey, I don't need everyone to love my book. I'll be happy with just a measly 1% of JK Rowling's readership.

Dana Larsen
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10033

posted 17 October 2007 11:36 AM      Profile for Dana Larsen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I did a reading of the first chapter which is on YouTube.

You can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgxYkJPPVYY

I will be posting a new chapter reading every 2-3 days.

Dana Larsen
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10033

posted 27 October 2007 09:57 AM      Profile for Dana Larsen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Readings of chapters One through Five are now online with YouTube. More to come every few days...

Chapter One: The Last of the Line

Chapter Two: A Letter from Hempwards

Chapter Three: The Home Invasion

Chapter Four: The Marijuana Stone

Chapter Five: A Visit to Greengolds

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 27 October 2007 10:33 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh, Dana! I got my copy in the mail the other day! Thanks very much! I'm really enjoying it. It's fantastic! I skipped over parts of it when you were writing it here, but I'm reading the whole thing now in its final forum, and it's laugh-out-loud funny in parts.
Dana Larsen
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10033

posted 29 October 2007 12:29 PM      Profile for Dana Larsen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks again Michelle, I'm glad you're enjoying your copy.

The book is selling well, and I have received no threatening letters from JK Rowling, Warner Bros or anyone else.

Dana Larsen
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10033

posted 02 January 2008 03:05 PM      Profile for Dana Larsen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have been reading chapters of Hairy Pothead on YouTube for a while now. I am currently at Chapter 18 with 12 more to go.

Anyone interested in listening to Hairy Pothead & the Marijuana Stone can find links to all the YouTube videos here:

http://www.hairypothead.net/Main/ONYOUTUBE

The book is selling well, it's off the shelves of most bookstores now, but still available through Amazon.com and a few other outlets, and also directly from me at http://www.HairyPothead.net

Dana Larsen
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10033

posted 16 April 2008 11:46 AM      Profile for Dana Larsen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just thought I'd let people know that Hairy Pothead and the Marijuana Stone has sold over 12,000 copies across Canada and the USA.

The book is off the shelves of most stores now, but copies are still available by mail-order at Amazon and from the Hairy Pothead website.

You can now also download the entire full-color illustrated edition of the book as a FREE pdf file at http://www.HairyPothead.net

I am busy working on the sequel, Hairy Pothead and the 420 Code, which should be on bookshelves before the end of the year.

Skinny Dipper
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11459

posted 16 April 2008 01:42 PM      Profile for Skinny Dipper   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
High jinks! Is the book medicinal?
From: Ontarian for STV in BC | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dana Larsen
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10033

posted 19 April 2008 01:06 AM      Profile for Dana Larsen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
High jinks! Is the book medicinal?

You could ask Professor Soma Poultice, who teaches Medicinal Studies at Hempwards.

Besides, I believe that recreation can be good medicine...

I'm now in discussions with a european distributor, so if that works out we'll be reprinting it in the UK for the european market.

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca