FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » babble banter   » "suggestive" Pizza ad

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: "suggestive" Pizza ad
chester the prairie shark
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6993

posted 19 February 2006 12:57 PM      Profile for chester the prairie shark     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
did anyone see it?

pizza deliver man at door being held open by woman in seductive sleepwear.

pizza man and women on bed where women purrs "now thats what i call delivery"

disgusted teanage boy standing in front of the two saying "mom, dad its not delivery, its delicsio"

Reality. Bites.
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6718

posted 19 February 2006 01:07 PM      Profile for Reality. Bites.        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My favourite part is "No wonder I don't have any friends."
From: Gone for good | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 19 February 2006 01:08 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I LOVE THAT AD! I just saw it for the first time last night and was laughing so much I even e-mailed a friend about it.
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Michael Watkins
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11256

posted 19 February 2006 01:22 PM      Profile for Michael Watkins   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That ad has been running here in BC for a few weeks now - excellent. First winner that they've had, as far as I'm concerned. Still not buying their product though... I make my own (dough and all)
From: Vancouver Kingway - Democracy In Peril | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6993

posted 19 February 2006 01:24 PM      Profile for chester the prairie shark     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yea, the look of complete disgust on the kid's face is priceless. they've been working this "its not delivery its delicsio" for a long time now and then they hit it out of the park....
white rabbit
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10751

posted 19 February 2006 02:04 PM      Profile for white rabbit     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've seen it several times and thought it was plain stupid. Didn't see the humour in it at all. Perhaps it's something akin to the Trailer Park Boys; you either get a kick out of it or think it's dumb - there's no in-between.
Polly Brandybuck
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7732

posted 19 February 2006 02:12 PM      Profile for Polly Brandybuck     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I love the ad! Last Friday, my other half walked in the door carrying take out pizza (it was a cooking optional day), and I looked at him and purred "now this is what I call delivery". Two of my kids looked up startled, and said, "oh - Mom - ewwwwwww."

[ 19 February 2006: Message edited by: Polly Brandybuck ]

From: To Infinity...and beyond! | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Raos
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5702

posted 19 February 2006 06:27 PM      Profile for Raos     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I found the commercial very amusing the first time. It still gives me a chuckle whenever I see it.

polly: that's fantastic!

From: Sweet home Alaberta | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Américain Égalitaire
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7911

posted 19 February 2006 11:16 PM      Profile for Américain Égalitaire   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Huh, we have a frozen pizza that uses that same tagline but its "its not delivery its DiGiornos"

Hmmm.

Delissio

DiGiornos

Ah, those crafty folks from Kraft - why two different names?

But hey, that ad sounds racy and saucy and funny and sure as hell will never see the light of day down here in the states.

Too bad.

[ 19 February 2006: Message edited by: Américain Égalitaire ]

From: Chardon, Ohio USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Fidel
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5594

posted 19 February 2006 11:35 PM      Profile for Fidel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ya but you guys have a Kraft flying pizza balloon, and we don't.

quote:
The DiGiorno Flying Pizza Balloon is as wide as a 737 airplane!!! and as high as a 6-story building!

I get lost in some of those grocery stores down there. It seems like every one of them is food extravaganza.

From: Viva La Revolución | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Américain Égalitaire
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7911

posted 19 February 2006 11:42 PM      Profile for Américain Égalitaire   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fidel:
Ya but you guys have a Kraft flying pizza balloon, and we don't.

Oh, but this is the USA and THIS balloon is actually armed with twin front and back 30 mm cannon, 16 air to ground missiles and four nuclear tipped cruise missiles. The plan is to float it unobtrusively over Taipei just in case the Chinese attack Taiwan.

Kinetix
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5296

posted 20 February 2006 01:34 AM      Profile for Kinetix     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anyone remember pizza the hut from spaceballs?
From: Montréal, Québec | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Fidel
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5594

posted 20 February 2006 01:59 AM      Profile for Fidel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes. And Rick Moranis was Dark Helmet, John Candy was Barf and Joan Rivers was Dot Matrix.
From: Viva La Revolución | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Reality. Bites.
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6718

posted 20 February 2006 08:33 AM      Profile for Reality. Bites.        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Américain Égalitaire:
Ah, those crafty folks from Kraft - why two different names?

But hey, that ad sounds racy and saucy and funny and sure as hell will never see the light of day down here in the states.

I know that DiGiorno has been around a lot longer than Delissio. It may be that someone else was already using the name commercially in Canada, or they just thought the new name was better, if DiGiorno is a brand they purchased in the U.S. and were stuck with.

I wouldn't say the ad was racy. I remember a sexier pizza ad with a woman running into a really sexy pizza delivery guy in the supermarket while buying frozen pizza and lamenting that he doesn't come around anymore, with him pointing out she doesn't order pizza anymore.

I always thought that wasn't the most efffective ad for frozen pizza, but then I remember the delivery guys I've met in real life, and frankly I'd pay extra to have them ring the bell and leave before I open the door.

Américain Égalitaire
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7911

posted 20 February 2006 08:45 AM      Profile for Américain Égalitaire   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kinetix:
Anyone remember pizza the hut from spaceballs?

Don't make pizza send out for you . . .

Love that movie. Sequel coming, I hear.

RB:

quote:
I always thought that wasn't the most efffective ad for frozen pizza, but then I remember the delivery guys I've met in real life, and frankly I'd pay extra to have them ring the bell and leave before I open the door.

A trend I've noticed here in Cedar Rapids. More often than not, the pizza delivery person is female.

Boom Boom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7791

posted 20 February 2006 08:52 AM      Profile for Boom Boom     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by chester the prairie shark:
did anyone see it?

pizza deliver man at door being held open by woman in seductive sleepwear.

Haven't seen that one yet, but I'll be looking for it.

Thread drift: In northern Ontario 25+ years ago I was doing contract work, and one of my clients (a married woman) answered the door wearing nothing but a slip. I wasn't up for this, so I said I'd come back later in the day. Geez.

From: Make the rich pay! | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6993

posted 20 February 2006 10:12 AM      Profile for chester the prairie shark     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I've seen it several times and thought it was plain stupid. Didn't see the humour in it at all.
still, they aim this directly at the huge baby boomer heartland. you know long time married with kids and all that that entails. the opening scene plays into the sexual frustration of the baby boom (not getting enuf) and teases us with the fantasy of illicit, naughty sex. then the second scene reveals that these baby boomers are actually taking advice from everyone from ellie to rona and are trying to spice up their sex lives with a little role playing. only to have it ruined by ...teenagers!

and as RB says: the kids disgust just drips.

Reality. Bites.
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6718

posted 20 February 2006 11:36 AM      Profile for Reality. Bites.        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Question: Who here has actually bought Dellisio pizza?

I have, and it's not half bad, although on their deluxe I have to pick the olives off before I cook it (easier than after!) and give them to my dog. Well I don't have to give them to my dog, I just have to pick them off. Can't abide olives. Awful, awful, nasty tasting things. I'd rather watch my parents do role-play than eat an olive.

Bookish Agrarian
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7538

posted 20 February 2006 11:51 AM      Profile for Bookish Agrarian   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Boom Boom:
Thread drift: In northern Ontario 25+ years ago I was doing contract work, and one of my clients (a married woman) answered the door wearing nothing but a slip. I wasn't up for this, so I said I'd come back later in the day. Geez.

I have had various jobs and such that required going to people's doors. You wouldn't believe what some people wear, or don't wear to the door for complete strangers.

From: Home of this year's IPM | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Boom Boom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7791

posted 20 February 2006 11:52 AM      Profile for Boom Boom     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I love olives, even if I'm not fond of how they're processed (something to do with bleach, I think). I love lots of olives and onions on my pizza, on those rare occasions when I have one. The more olives, the less room there is for nasty stuff like heavilly processed fatty pepperoni and even more fatty salami. Lean ham and pineapple are okay too. Lots of pineapple... mmmmmmmm.
From: Make the rich pay! | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Erstwhile
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4845

posted 20 February 2006 11:52 AM      Profile for Erstwhile     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RealityBites:
I'd rather watch my parents do role-play than eat an olive.

"Heh, good job, honey. You got a critical hit on that orc chieftan! Roll for damage..."

Wait...role-play? What?

From: Deepest Darkest Saskabush | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
nonsuch
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1402

posted 21 February 2006 06:38 PM      Profile for nonsuch     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This ad is funny, cute and not all that racy.

I thought you were referring to the new (Pizza Hut?) one, wherein a 14-year-old boy is sexually assulted by a - er, um.... lap-dancer? - with bits of cheese-stuffed crust. That's in really bad taste.

From: coming and going | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
ShyViolet
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6611

posted 22 February 2006 01:13 AM      Profile for ShyViolet     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nonsuch:
This ad is funny, cute and not all that racy.

I thought you were referring to the new (Pizza Hut?) one, wherein a 14-year-old boy is sexually assulted by a - er, um.... lap-dancer? - with bits of cheese-stuffed crust. That's in really bad taste.

You mean the one with Jessica Simpson?

Her?

[ 22 February 2006: Message edited by: ShyViolet ]

From: ~Love is like pi: natural, irrational, and very important~ | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
nonsuch
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1402

posted 24 February 2006 03:34 PM      Profile for nonsuch     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Could be. They all look the same.
From: coming and going | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Raos
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5702

posted 24 February 2006 08:57 PM      Profile for Raos     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yah, I found that one in extremely bad taste, and it ends with Kermit asking for the same, and getting a kick from Miss Piggy.

Now the role-playing commerical is quite humorous.

From: Sweet home Alaberta | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
BlawBlaw
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11570

posted 25 February 2006 04:29 PM      Profile for BlawBlaw     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I recall seeing a similar commercial for a different product where the wife is dressed as a french maid and the kid walks in exhibiting the same level of disgust and disbelief with his parents.
From: British Columbia | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
aldo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7504

posted 25 February 2006 11:19 PM      Profile for aldo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
on topic, any comment here on Tim Hortons TV ad re three generations Chinese family, hockey and coffee, I think this commercial is fabulous, writer is Chinese and concept is based on his life experience,, comments please,,

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca