babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » babble banter   » Metaphor mixing as an Olympic sport

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Metaphor mixing as an Olympic sport
rici
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2710

posted 15 February 2006 09:52 PM      Profile for rici     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
...the United States is listening assiduously to the teeming teapot of ideas floating around...

Carolyn M. Leddy, Senior Advisor, US Bureau of International Security and Nonproliferation, explains the US strategy for upcoming work on international control of biological weapons, at a conference in Tokyo.

Full speech.

rasmus
malcontent
Babbler # 621

posted 16 February 2006 05:08 PM      Profile for rasmus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think one line of that is about all I can take.

The dense fog of the underbrush of her language is a swarm of venom arrows striking at the heart of the mirror of our aesthetic radar.

From: Fortune favours the bold | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
'lance
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1064

posted 16 February 2006 05:11 PM      Profile for 'lance     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This looks like a job for that great, if obscure, New Yorker feature "Block That Metaphor!"
From: that enchanted place on the top of the Forest | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
deBeauxOs
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10099

posted 16 February 2006 05:26 PM      Profile for deBeauxOs     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
[thread drift] That quote above reminds me of ... "Pour qui sont ces serpents qui sifflent sur vos têtes? A qui destinez-vous l'appareil qui vous suit? ... [/thread drift]
From: missing in action | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca