babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » babble banter   » What a troubled person... (was "What a pathetic person...")

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: What a troubled person... (was "What a pathetic person...")
Agent 204
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4668

posted 13 May 2005 05:50 PM      Profile for Agent 204   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Check this thread out.

Edited to add: I googled his email address (which he'd put on the thread) and found this. There's a lot more out there too...

[ 13 May 2005: Message edited by: Agent 204 ]

From: home of the Guess Who | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
paxamillion
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2836

posted 13 May 2005 05:57 PM      Profile for paxamillion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sad.
From: the process of recovery | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Agent 204
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4668

posted 13 May 2005 06:06 PM      Profile for Agent 204   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah. Potentially scary- sure, he probably doesn't really have the guts to pick a fight IRL, but you never know.

BTW, looking at that first thread more closely, he mentions the 9/11 conspiracy stuff there as well.

Hephaestion
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4795

posted 13 May 2005 06:11 PM      Profile for Hephaestion   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Worse than sad. Lame.
From: goodbye... :-( | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Agent 204
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4668

posted 13 May 2005 06:19 PM      Profile for Agent 204   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually, the more I look at that thread and others that people there have linked to, I think sad is a more accurate description. On first reading he just looked like an asshole, but looking more closely I think he's genuinely ill. I hope things improve for him.

On the other hand, it's possible that he's a bored 15 year old kid, in which case "lame" is a better description.

[ 13 May 2005: Message edited by: Agent 204 ]

paxamillion
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2836

posted 13 May 2005 07:34 PM      Profile for paxamillion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think one can say "lame" or "pathetic" and not mean them in a harsh or judgemental way. My sense is that this is what Heph meant.
Crippled_Newsie
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7024

posted 13 May 2005 09:02 PM      Profile for Crippled_Newsie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The profusion of threads like that one are slowly bringing me around to the notion that there are alot more sad, disturbed, angry and, ultimately, crazed people residing out there in the ether than I had ever imagined.

There seem to be so many folks whose internet 'conversations' start off like anyone else's, but scratch the surface in the the slightest and they set up a clamorous raving.

I'd never thought of myself as sheltered until I went online and began encountering such ubiquitous madness.

From: It's all about the thumpa thumpa. | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
paxamillion
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2836

posted 14 May 2005 08:02 PM      Profile for paxamillion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've worked some evenings at one of our "Out of the Cold" locations -- offering people a hot meal and a place to sleep. It is an eye-opener to see the state of people who come seeking the support. Many seem to be mentally ill and not receiving treatment of any kind.
catje
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7841

posted 15 May 2005 01:36 AM      Profile for catje     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i like tape's phrase: "ubiquitous madness."

it could probably be applied to more than just odd characters on the internet...

Anchoress
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4650

posted 15 May 2005 01:55 AM      Profile for Anchoress     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is the funniest post so far:

quote:
I was just over at bikeforums.net and noticed his posting there, which you can see here, but as of yet he hasn't threatend to kill anybody. Yet.

I picture his trip:

Miss Innocent: Uh, cyclotouriste, you you like to stop for an ice cream cone?

Cyclotouriste: Fuck you goddamn punk. Bring it on is exactly what I am gojng to do. You go fishing for trouble you no good son of a whore and that is exactly what you will get. When I say that I have had it with bastards like you that is exactly what I mean, and you are going to find out what that means too.

Miss Innocent: Uh, I guess we can keep going then.

Cyclotouriste: FUCK YOU YOU GODDAMN NO GOOD LIARS. COME ON CHICKENSHITS. INTERFERE WITH ME FACE TO FACE YOU GODDAMN COWARDS.

Sadly, the world is full of people like this. Actually, this person (minus the swearing) reminds me a lot of the employer I just recently left. It would be nice to think it's just some teenage punk getting his rocks off, but I have met enough people just like the poster (and seen a few here on babble as well) to believe this is for real.

From: Vancouver babblers' meetup July 9 @ Cafe Deux Soleil! | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca