FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » babble banter   » Complaint Letters

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Complaint Letters
Anchoress
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4650

posted 01 May 2005 08:28 AM      Profile for Anchoress     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just responded to a survey on CBC (on bad products or services) and I was reminded of a letter I sent CapitalOne Mastercard (in one of their Business Reply Envelopes), the last of many letters I sent them (and I never heard from them again either lol).

I laughed when I read it. Here it is:

quote:
Mr. Robert Livingston
Principal Officer
CapitalOne Bank
PO Box 63299
Station BRM B
Toronto, ON M7Y 3B1

Dear Mr. Livingston:

Re: Capital One Mastercard

I am writing in response to the letter which I received from you inviting me to apply for a CapitalOne Mastercard.

I have received several invitations from CapitalOne, all of which I sent back with a brief note saying NO, and please don’t write again. This time, I resolved to be a little more clear.

I think that CapitalOne is the worst credit card company in the world, and I would rather lie on a bed of nails and be eaten alive by carnivorous ants than ever get or use a CapitalOne Mastercard. I have this opinion due to the incompetent, insensitive and unhelpful service I consistently received while trying to settle the accounts of my uncle and stepfather, both of whom died with an outstanding balance on their CapitalOne Mastercards.

I do nothing but recommend to everyone I know that they NOT EVER get a CapitalOne Mastercard, or indeed have any dealings with you whatsoever. I sincerely hope that I am succeeding at deterring them. I have several nasty horror stories to tell of the grief I went through while trying to cancel the cards of my deceased family members, and I know that my stories make an impression on people.

Rather than spending money sending invitations to people who clearly don’t want your business, why not put it into training your Customer Service Agents (who in my experience don’t know any more about your company than I do), or re-organizing your voicemail system so that it is easier to use and engenders less frustration.

[ 01 May 2005: Message edited by: Anchoress ]

From: Vancouver babblers' meetup July 9 @ Cafe Deux Soleil! | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
BleedingHeart
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3292

posted 01 May 2005 02:05 PM      Profile for BleedingHeart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I got one of those annoying post service satisfaction phone calls from Ford and actually gave them a piece of my mind about our most recent service (being told we had to wait two weeks for service when our van was leaking power steering fluid; waiting 30 minutes to pay because "the VISA machine was in the manager's office, she's with a client and doesn't like to be disturbed, why don't you pay with a cheque like everyone else")

The service manager phoned to apologize the next day.

Most of those service surveys are a waste of time however.

From: Kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Anchoress
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4650

posted 01 May 2005 08:07 PM      Profile for Anchoress     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm amazed actually. I think most people if the actually read such an entry would probably just crumple it up and file it in the circular file.
From: Vancouver babblers' meetup July 9 @ Cafe Deux Soleil! | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca