FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » babble banter   » funky footwear

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: funky footwear
Boom Boom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7791

posted 28 April 2005 12:06 AM      Profile for Boom Boom     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anyone try these? They look a basketballer's dream! Or, something out of a Bugs Bunny cartoon.

Link: http://www.zcoil.com/

From: Make the rich pay! | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Crippled_Newsie
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7024

posted 28 April 2005 06:13 AM      Profile for Crippled_Newsie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As it happens, I was in a shoe store day before yesterday and noted that Nike has a number of models that are not at all unlike those crazy things.

As were were giggling at them, even the salesperson confided as how she thought them ridiculous, but that they sold like crazy to the kids. "Hey, I just sell the damn things," she said.

I bought perhaps the 75th pair of Chuck Taylor high-tops of my life, and left.

From: It's all about the thumpa thumpa. | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
maestro
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7842

posted 28 April 2005 06:42 AM      Profile for maestro     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As it happens, just tonight I ran into someone who showed me their shoes.

They were called Holey Shoes, and were of a sort of clog style. The guy who had them said he forgot he was wearing shoes when he had them on.

I didnt' try them, but they weighed only about an ounce or so.

He said he paid 25$ bucks...

Melsky
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4748

posted 28 April 2005 07:02 AM      Profile for Melsky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Holey Soles

They look really cool, I am going to get a pair.

Boom Boom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7791

posted 28 April 2005 07:08 AM      Profile for Boom Boom     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Holey soles - wouldn't you really sweat in those things, especially in warm weather?
From: Make the rich pay! | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
maestro
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7842

posted 28 April 2005 04:11 PM      Profile for maestro     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
the guy who had these shoes didn't complain about sweating.

They looked really loose on his feet, so there was plenty of air travel. It looked like they would be hard to keep on, but he swore they stayed on his feet without effort.

Don't know...maybe I'll give'm a try when I got a spare 25$.

By the way, on their website they refer to them as 'funky' so I guess they qualify as 'funky footwear'.

Melsky
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4748

posted 28 April 2005 04:47 PM      Profile for Melsky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm planning on using them for outdoor slippers or the beach mostly, the kind of things you take them on and off a lot. Besides you can just rinse them off or take a shower in them!
lagatta
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2534

posted 28 April 2005 04:54 PM      Profile for lagatta     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MEC carries them. http://tinyurl.com/a4for They are cheap, and cute, but I don't have any real use for them. They would NOT be very practical as gardening clogs!

How boring I am - I just bought another pair of black Clarks sandals. Dull, dull, but comfy to walk a lot.

Edited to try to correct wild sidescroll - URL function didn't work...

[ 28 April 2005: Message edited by: lagatta ]

From: Se non ora, quando? | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 28 April 2005 04:57 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wants tinyurl.com, lagatta.
maestro
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7842

posted 29 April 2005 04:02 AM      Profile for maestro     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
While Idont' want to sound like an ad for the Holey Shoes I'll just add one little thing.

In veiwing the ad for them they looked very plasticky. In real life they aren't so bad. Almost like some fibre has been mixed with nylon or something.

Me, I'm wearing a pair of non-descripts given to me by someone who bought them at a garage sale.

Very funky...

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca