babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » babble banter   » Nyarlathotep messenger of Azathoth

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Nyarlathotep messenger of Azathoth
TemporalHominid
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6535

posted 20 April 2005 03:14 PM      Profile for TemporalHominid   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
told me to play this Boardgame

a lot of fun to be had by all neophytes

From: Under a bridge, in Foot Muck | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Other Todd
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7964

posted 20 April 2005 04:58 PM      Profile for The Other Todd     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bah! Here's a better one:

http://www.trollandtoad.com/pd1631112.html

That's the edition I have; didn't know a second ed was out.

Alix
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2279

posted 20 April 2005 05:04 PM      Profile for Alix     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like The Hills Rise Wild
Papal Bull
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7050

posted 20 April 2005 06:02 PM      Profile for Papal Bull   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I love you guys!

Ia Cthulhu!

From: Vatican's best darned ranch | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
ronb
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2116

posted 20 April 2005 06:09 PM      Profile for ronb     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hello Cthulhu.
Tuppence
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4191

posted 21 April 2005 01:30 AM      Profile for Tuppence     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bwa!

Hey, have you guys read Stephen King's short story "Crouch End"? It's a homage to Cthulhu mythos, and it's really atmospheric.

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alix
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2279

posted 21 April 2005 10:03 AM      Profile for Alix     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I got my husband this for Christmas last year.

Also, a friend got us this for Christmas a few years ago.

aRoused
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1962

posted 21 April 2005 10:28 AM      Profile for aRoused     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There were reportedly Cthulhoid Jesus-fish kicking around a few years ago, but I've never managed to Google one up.
From: The King's Royal Burgh of Eoforwich | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alix
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2279

posted 21 April 2005 10:30 AM      Profile for Alix     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Like this?
TemporalHominid
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6535

posted 21 April 2005 07:28 PM      Profile for TemporalHominid   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alix:
Like this?

cool

I love the plush dolls as well, soooo cuddly

From: Under a bridge, in Foot Muck | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Other Todd
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7964

posted 22 April 2005 06:43 PM      Profile for The Other Todd     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tuppence:
Bwa!

Hey, have you guys read Stephen King's short story "Crouch End"? It's a homage to Cthulhu mythos, and it's really atmospheric.

I haven't read it (he's not one of my favourite authors), but I thought his HPL one was Salem's Lot.

Papal Bull
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7050

posted 22 April 2005 06:47 PM      Profile for Papal Bull   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You can still get those Cthulhu bumperstickers that have the Jesus-fish. I think Chaosium still sells them.

I've got Cthulhu slippers. Pride.

Tuppence
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4191

posted 23 April 2005 01:24 AM      Profile for Tuppence     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Other Todd- yep, that too, but Crouch End is also very Lovecraftian. It's in "Nightmares And Dreamscapes", if you're interested.
From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
swallow
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2659

posted 23 April 2005 01:43 AM      Profile for swallow     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Unspeakable elder god, or cuddly toy?

From: fast-tracked for excommunication | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Papal Bull
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7050

posted 23 April 2005 02:28 AM      Profile for Papal Bull   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You need to use synthesis here.

Unspeakably cuddly elder god!

The Other Todd
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7964

posted 23 April 2005 01:11 PM      Profile for The Other Todd     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure, but I think it was that stuffed Cthulhu which won at last year's CanGames "Toy Wars".

Even in play, The Greatest of the Great Old Ones ravages with unholy glee . . . .

Doug
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 44

posted 24 April 2005 08:03 AM      Profile for Doug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I love plush Cthulhu!

Toss the silly board game, though - play the good, the original, Call of Cthulhu!

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Other Todd
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7964

posted 26 April 2005 09:06 PM      Profile for The Other Todd     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh, the original Arkham Horror game was kind of a CoC-lite, great for introducing in a simple format the RPG's mechanics to newbies.

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca