FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » babble banter   » A fine epitaph

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: A fine epitaph
Briguy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1885

posted 07 April 2004 03:07 PM      Profile for Briguy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Check out this real picture from a headstone in Montreal. From Snopes.

quote:
The cryptic message occurred to the monument maker after he finished sandblasting it into stone. "Afterwards, as I'm done, I'm looking at it and I’m like, 'Wow.' I noticed it just like that," says John, whose full name won’t be published here for professional reasons. "This guy's ex-wife and mistress came in together and ordered the stone. They said the message represented him. It was a thing between the three of them," says John, who notes that the only other such hardy-har headstone he's been hired to write says: "I'd rather be in Boston but my wife buried me here."

Darn photo seems to be on the fritz...

The image has been edited out...click on the Snopes link to see what the heck I'm posting.

[ 07 April 2004: Message edited by: Sarcasmobri ]

From: No one is arguing that we should run the space program based on Physics 101. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
globetrotter
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5406

posted 07 April 2004 04:18 PM      Profile for globetrotter     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Haha, lovely

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca