babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

FAQ | Forum Home

This topic has been transferred to this forum: out and about.  
next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » babble banter   » Anyone been to Europe?

Author Topic: Anyone been to Europe?
clockwork
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 690

posted 13 May 2003 05:49 PM      Profile for clockwork     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I overheard a conversation on Friday.. some locals (Toronto) with some foriegners (I think from France, although I could be wrong... there was someone that asked if they speak "Canadian French" and another talked about being from the country with a dictator... it's tough to easvdrop and carry on your own conversation...) and one of the girls with an accent asked what a "gated community" was.

The question intrigued me... are there a lot of gated communities around the world? Is it an American phenomenon? I'm sure their are exclusive communities all over... but gated?

[ 13 May 2003: Message edited by: clockwork ]

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 13 May 2003 05:52 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Moving this to "out and about"...
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
clockwork
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 690

posted 13 May 2003 05:53 PM      Profile for clockwork     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
What... is babble banter a gated forum?

All times are Pacific Time  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca