FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » babble banter   » Child-proofing gone bad

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Child-proofing gone bad
dale cooper
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2946

posted 12 April 2003 03:59 PM      Profile for dale cooper     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I recently had to get some prescription mediciation for muscle relaxants and have found that the new form of child-proofing on the pill bottle is too advanced for me. It's not a line-up-the-arrow or squeeze-the-sides thing, it says to push and turn in the middle of the lid. I think you're supposed to push down in the middle of the lid before turning, but it's impossible with only two hands. It's really confusing and impossible to open and I wound up having to break the bottle open so I could enjoy my pharmaceuticals.

Anyone else ever have this problem, or am I just an idiot?

From: Another place | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Debra
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 117

posted 12 April 2003 04:03 PM      Profile for Debra   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Give it to a kid they'll have it open in two seconds.

If you don't have small children in your home and/or have a problem that interfers with you being able to open childproof lids you can request regular lids.

Or after you get it open stick it in a ziplock baggy.

From: The only difference between graffiti & philosophy is the word fuck... | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 12 April 2003 06:17 PM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Apply the downward force with the palm of your hand as you twist the lid.

I got the knack of it a few years ago, so it's easy for me

From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
paxamillion
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2836

posted 12 April 2003 06:26 PM      Profile for paxamillion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
1. Get a saw.

2. Saw the lid off the bottle.

3. Put the pills in a bottle you can open.

4. Enjoy.

From: the process of recovery | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
nonsuch
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1402

posted 12 April 2003 07:48 PM      Profile for nonsuch     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just had the same problem today with a can of varnish thinner. Not so much a problem of not enough hands as of the hands being too big to do all that's required, at the same time, to a lid only 1" in diameter.
My mother's medications have simple 'old-people' lids, and she still gets me to open them once a week, when she rations them out into a segmented pill caddy. Good idea.

Nobody under four could do this. Anybody between 9 and 12 could do it better than i can.

From: coming and going | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Timebandit
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1448

posted 13 April 2003 12:21 PM      Profile for Timebandit     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Give it to a kid they'll have it open in two seconds.

Don't you know it!

My 2 yr old is more adept at opening bottles and child-proof latches than I am...

From: Urban prairie. | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
TommyPaineatWork
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2956

posted 14 April 2003 01:00 AM      Profile for TommyPaineatWork     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think the push down and twist types are difficult at times due to poor manufacturing. Some work easily, some don't.
Tommy Shanks
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3076

posted 15 April 2003 01:24 PM      Profile for Tommy Shanks     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I recently had to get some prescription mediciation for muscle relaxants

I only get easy-to-open ones now. Jim Beam, Johnny Walker.....

dale cooper
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2946

posted 15 April 2003 06:40 PM      Profile for dale cooper     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Apply the downward force with the palm of your hand as you twist the lid.

It worked! It worked!

Sweet sweet prescription strength muscle relaxants for all!!!!

DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 15 April 2003 06:53 PM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And they say I'm a drama queen.
From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
dale cooper
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2946

posted 15 April 2003 07:19 PM      Profile for dale cooper     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What?! Who says such things?? The man who allowed me to open my pill bottle and gain access to much-needed pharmaceuticals a drama queen?!

Why, you tell me who these offenders are and I'll... why, I'll.... tell them they're wrong.

And then withhold sweet sweet prescription strength muscle relaxants when they have muscle cramps or back pain!

A-hahahahahahahaha!

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca