babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » babble banter   » Can Someone Please Help Me Figure Out How This Works?

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Can Someone Please Help Me Figure Out How This Works?
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 01 April 2003 03:45 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
http://mr-31238.mr.valuehost.co.uk/assets/Flash/psychic.swf

thanks.

From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 01 April 2003 03:51 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sure thing. Someone explained it to me because I was stumped too.

The answer is always a multiple of 9. So every time you refresh it, all the multiples of 9 have the same symbol.

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
steffie
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3826

posted 01 April 2003 03:51 PM      Profile for steffie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As far as I can tell, any 2 digit number will result in a set amount of possible answers. On this chart of symbols, those set answers all have the same symbol. So, no matter which 2 digit number you start with, your answer will always be one of the set numbers. Eg. 9, 18, 27, 36, and so on. Try this with any 2 digit number, and keep your eyes on the chart, as the symbols change, but these set answers will always have the same symbol. Does that make sense?
From: What are the roots that clutch, what branches grow / Out of this stony rubbish? | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
steffie
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3826

posted 01 April 2003 03:52 PM      Profile for steffie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
GMTA Michelle!
From: What are the roots that clutch, what branches grow / Out of this stony rubbish? | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 01 April 2003 03:53 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What does GMTA stand for?
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
steffie
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3826

posted 01 April 2003 03:54 PM      Profile for steffie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
GMTA = Great Minds Think Alike... but I've also heard that "Fools Seldom Differ"... D'oh!!
paxamillion
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2836

posted 01 April 2003 03:55 PM      Profile for paxamillion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Greater Metropolitan Toronto Area, of course.
From: the process of recovery | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
dale cooper
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2946

posted 01 April 2003 04:03 PM      Profile for dale cooper     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Every set of ten numbers will have the same symbol because for every number you add to the latter digit, it will increase their total by one and decrease the number minus the total by one so it winds up being the same.

And the symbols change every time to keep you on your toes. My co-worker figured out the math of it, but didn't notice this part and got really confused by it.

From: Another place | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sisyphus
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1425

posted 01 April 2003 04:55 PM      Profile for Sisyphus     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't have time to do the arithmetical proof right now, but each set of 10, the 10s, 20s, 30s etc. cause you to end up on the same symbol, which will always be located at 9,18,27,36,45,54,63,72,81. Always.

Edited to add, actually I do have time: each number,c, is made of two digits, a and b.

10a+b=c 10a+b-(a+b)= 9a. Notice that the chosen shape is always at a number that is a multiple of 9.

[ 01 April 2003: Message edited by: Sisyphus ]

From: Never Never Land | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 01 April 2003 06:47 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Awesome. I knew you'd know.
From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Hawkins
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3306

posted 01 April 2003 07:28 PM      Profile for Hawkins     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It didnt guess my number!

But thats cause I cant add

From: Burlington Ont | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca