babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

FAQ | Forum Home

This topic has been transferred to this forum: pop culture.  
next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » babble banter   » The Revolution Will Not Be Televised

Author Topic: The Revolution Will Not Be Televised
majorvictory
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2878

posted 28 March 2003 06:02 AM      Profile for majorvictory     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Interesting review about the Venezuala coup film. (Odd place to find it...this guy usually reviews only horror/sci-fi/fantasy films).

TRWNBT

DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 28 March 2003 10:22 PM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Woot! Color me excited.
From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
verbatim
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 569

posted 28 March 2003 10:35 PM      Profile for verbatim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Cool! I'll be on the lookout for this one!
From: The People's Republic of Cook Street | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
majorvictory
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2878

posted 26 May 2003 02:00 PM      Profile for majorvictory     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED

Another review...i can't wait to see this one!

quote:
Hey folks, Harry here... Vern here caught THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED up at the Seattle International Film Festival and... well it's turned him into an obvious Commie Pinko Anti-American Burn-In-Hell Lily-livered Cock-Sucker, like it did me back when I saw it.

Flowers By Irene
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3012

posted 27 May 2003 12:29 AM      Profile for Flowers By Irene     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I saw TRWNBT on CBCNewsworld a little while back (maybe Roughcuts?) and it was probably the best doc I've ever seen.
From: "To ignore the facts, does not change the facts." -- Andy Rooney | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Deception
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4101

posted 27 May 2003 01:58 PM      Profile for Deception     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
lets diverge for minute and remember a great performance poet and the creator of the "revolution will not be televised"; ladies and gentlemen, welcome Gil Scott Heron!!!

the lyrics.

[ 27 May 2003: Message edited by: audra estrones ]

From: front lines of the revolution | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 27 May 2003 02:41 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I hate Ain't It Cool News. Here's a link to the movie's Official Site.
From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Briguy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1885

posted 27 May 2003 02:56 PM      Profile for Briguy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Oh please, oh please, oh please let this film be on the list for the Atlantic Film Fest.
From: No one is arguing that we should run the space program based on Physics 101. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 27 May 2003 04:58 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I'm also gonna move this to "pop culture", which is a poorly named forum, I realize.
From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca