babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » babble banter   » G'darndit, thats awful coffee

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: G'darndit, thats awful coffee
Flowers By Irene
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3012

posted 12 September 2002 10:13 AM      Profile for Flowers By Irene     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The absolute worst coffee I have ever had, it tastes like whomever made it used yesterdays grounds, a scoop or two of potting soil, and filtered it through an oily rag.

And the worst part is I can't escape to timmy's until 10:30 or so, and I have way too much blood in my caffeine stream.

Yeee-uck.

From: "To ignore the facts, does not change the facts." -- Andy Rooney | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 12 September 2002 11:38 AM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Where did you drink this awful coffee? Did your boss make it? My coffee was so good this morning.
From: Canton Marchand, Québec | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Flowers By Irene
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3012

posted 12 September 2002 01:28 PM      Profile for Flowers By Irene     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I didn't drink much of this coffee - only about three sips. I'm not sure who made it, and if its some kind of joke or what. I'm not the only one 'round here to complain about it. Oh well, I've had my timmy's now, I'll survive.
From: "To ignore the facts, does not change the facts." -- Andy Rooney | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 12 September 2002 01:46 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sauvignon blanc here.
lagatta
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2534

posted 12 September 2002 01:51 PM      Profile for lagatta     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Skdadl, is the sun over the yardarm where you are?
From: Se non ora, quando? | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 12 September 2002 02:17 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
'coursh. *hic*
shelby9
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2193

posted 12 September 2002 03:54 PM      Profile for shelby9     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well have I got a cup of joe for you!!

It's only $150 for a 1/4 pound of beans, very rare stuff. Are ya ready for this???

It's from Indonesia I believe, and is cultivated, from, I kid you not, cat pooh!!!! Big cats feed on the coffee buds, the stuff around the bean, and then of course, poop out - the bean itself. Unbelievably, people actually collect the beans and (I hope!!) wash, package and ship them to North America for sale.

All I gotta say is, ewwwwww!!!!!!!!! I love coffee, but I gots my limits!!!

You can probably find the whole story on www.ctv.ca

[ September 12, 2002: Message edited by: shelby9 ]

lagatta
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2534

posted 12 September 2002 04:00 PM      Profile for lagatta     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry, don't see anything about catshit coffee on your site - though the faces of Bush and Saddam certainly inspire scatalogical thoughts.

Is there any way I could get Renzo to consume coffee beans and do what comes naturally? And how can I get a grant to get corrupt corporate executives who have stolen pension funds to be put to the socially-useful task of extracting the beans from the cat scat?

clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 12 September 2002 04:02 PM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I cannot find the story. Damn. I have cats. My dreams of becoming rich have just pooped out.
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 12 September 2002 04:09 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You could go to jail!
From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
shelby9
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2193

posted 12 September 2002 04:11 PM      Profile for shelby9     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
http://www.canada.com/search/site/story.asp?id=CA76E9AA-DE5D-43A4-8F1F-467920B4B003

Ok try this one. I saw it on CTV news at noon, but I guess Global covered it too.

clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 12 September 2002 04:34 PM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sounds like too much work.
Timebandit
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1448

posted 12 September 2002 04:56 PM      Profile for Timebandit     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*BRAG ALERT*

My sweetie makes me coffee in the morning, lovingly combining a couple different varieties, a little cinnamon stick, a dash of Bailey's in the milk and serves it up at my bedside so I can better haul my sorry not-a-morning-person ass out of bed...

Catshit coffee? I don't think so....

From: Urban prairie. | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Timebandit
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1448

posted 12 September 2002 04:57 PM      Profile for Timebandit     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Sauvignon blanc here.

I wanna go stay at Chez skdadl....

From: Urban prairie. | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trinitty
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 826

posted 12 September 2002 06:09 PM      Profile for Trinitty     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ROTFLMAO!

I'm gonna start feeding my cats coffee plants, they're already hyper as hell, a little caffiene won't hurt them.

I'm-in-the-money!!!

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 12 September 2002 06:15 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Geez, never mind skdadl's house, I wanna live with Zoot's husband (a like-minded male relative will do!)
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
flotsom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2832

posted 12 September 2002 06:28 PM      Profile for flotsom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The fella's story doesn't ring true to me.

First off they don't whack you with telephone books they put a phone book against you and then whack the phone book with their nightsticks.

I have considered something similar however.

Maybe 2003 will see the beginning of my experiment-- to grow truffles in the Garry Oak meadows of the lower pacific coast.

DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 12 September 2002 06:48 PM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I drink tea in the morning. I'm such a heathen.
From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 12 September 2002 06:50 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I drink milk or water. I've never liked coffee, and for me tea is just a social drink that I drink to be polite - and even then, only when it's doused with a bunch of sugar.
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
lagatta
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2534

posted 12 September 2002 07:23 PM      Profile for lagatta     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I somehow stagger caffeine-deprived to the kitchen early in the morning and mechanically feed Renzo, then put an espresso pot on the stove...

On a really bad morning, Renzo will have regurgitated something - is there a market for that?

I'm allergic to cow's milk. I do force myself to drink soya milk sometimes, for perimenopausal therapeutic reasons, not out of pleasure...

nonsuch
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1402

posted 12 September 2002 09:43 PM      Profile for nonsuch     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you don't like soy milk, don't drink it: make pudding out of it. (silken tofu is even better, and cheaper) Mash a ripe banana, dissolve a packet of fruity jelly powder in less boiling water; mix in the banana, maybe frozen fruit, add tofu or soy milk to make up the volume. I usually do the whole thing - except the hot water part - in a food processor. Scrape it into a bowl, let set in refrigerator for two hours.

Instead of fruit, you can flavour it with cocoa and vanilla, or coffee, but then you need unflavoured gelatine and some sugar.

[ September 12, 2002: Message edited by: nonesuch ]

From: coming and going | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
SamL
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2199

posted 12 September 2002 09:47 PM      Profile for SamL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
All the more reason not to become a caffeine addict.
From: Cambridge, MA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca