FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » babble banter   » spy report from flotsom

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: spy report from flotsom
flotsom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2832

posted 05 September 2002 02:17 PM      Profile for flotsom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
4:09 pm wednesday sept. 4th 2002
western road (at sarnia road) london ont canada

Viewed from the fifth floor of DB Weldon Library at the University of Western Ontario:

Two narrow, urban invasion vehicles known as 'Coyotes' (if I'm not mistaken) large gun turrets forward, six wheeled, fast moving--

Manufactured at GM Canada, london ontario for the US Military--

PAINTED WITH SAND CAMOFLAGE PATTERN

This op speculates that these killing machines have just been de-mothballed and are going through their paces in preparation for an invasion into Bagdad itself for...early in the new year--

This op. futher speculates that-- if he'd been on the ground-- when the two vehic's were 'temporarily stationed' at the tricoloured traffic regulators (left hand turning lane) he would have been able to verify his suspicion that this paint was fresh--

In summary--

Here we go again...

...ah, Lester...

skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 05 September 2002 02:53 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
... ah, the Mels (Hurtig, Watkins) ...

flotsom, remain in place. If the news today from Kabul and Kandahar is any indication, this is already turning into a two-front war at least. Some of those tanks are going back to Afghanistan.

Sorry, no respite workers available until the weekend; we're right-sizing here. Chin up. We need a futile gesture. Remain in place; don't come back. Pip pip.

Arch Stanton
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2356

posted 05 September 2002 02:59 PM      Profile for Arch Stanton     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I say. Last week I espied two armoured cars on the back of a CF transport lorry, heading east.

Painted green they were, and a shabby paint job it was, I might add.

From: Borrioboola-Gha | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 05 September 2002 03:03 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ireland?
clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 05 September 2002 04:05 PM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh my gawd, Québec. I knew it would happen.....
From: Canton Marchand, Québec | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Arch Stanton
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2356

posted 05 September 2002 04:16 PM      Profile for Arch Stanton     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ireland?

I'm guessing Wainright to Shilo, but they could be going to Basra.

From: Borrioboola-Gha | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 05 September 2002 04:36 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Where is Shilo? Do you mean, like, the American Shilo? Or do we have a Shilo?

Basra is not green. I think. I wonder whether northern Spain (ETA country) is green.

All them terrorists. They're everywhere, eh? Keepin' 'em all down could become a permanent preoccupation, eh?

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 05 September 2002 05:16 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, we have a Shilo. It's a CFB in - um, would it be Manitoba?
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
flotsom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2832

posted 05 September 2002 05:32 PM      Profile for flotsom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"Shilo, my only son..."
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 05 September 2002 05:37 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh my son Absalom, my son, my son Absalom!
flotsom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2832

posted 05 September 2002 06:07 PM      Profile for flotsom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Shilo Zylbergold-- Salt Spring impressario and general 'Muck About' (first class).

Coiner of the phrase "Bed Spring Island" and author of the Song "Queen of Nanaimo"

"Her eyes said 537, her lips said 537, her hair said 537...but her gumboots said 653..."

Ain't dat the troot.

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 05 September 2002 07:26 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Shilo when I was young
I used to call your name
When no one else would come
Shilo, you always came
Come today!

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 05 September 2002 10:08 PM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
flotsom, when your current assignment is done, Pseudofelinoids Anonymous would like to talk to yo.
From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tommy_Paine
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 214

posted 05 September 2002 10:12 PM      Profile for Tommy_Paine     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's no secret that GM Diesel in London Ontario manufactures, or has manufactured APC's for both the U.S. Military, and the Saudi Military.

Obviously, the road test boys at G.M. decided to scope out the chicks at Western.

For further inteligence gathering, flotsom, you can view the test track behind G.M. Diesel from several vantage points, and I believe they still water test them down at Port Stanely. I might be wrong about that though, that test may have been scrapped a few years ago when a hatch was left open on a vehicle, and a worker was drowned.

From: The Alley, Behind Montgomery's Tavern | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
flotsom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2832

posted 05 September 2002 11:24 PM      Profile for flotsom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
SAND CAMO means trouble...right here in River City...and it starts with a capital P...

Oh how I long for those mossy glades of thuja placata that are riven through Flotsom Meadows...

No news there Tommy-- 'cept the drowning, that is.

Pity.

DrConway...?

DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 05 September 2002 11:42 PM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pseudofelinoids Anonymous believes that there is a canine entity masquerading as one of us. Secrecy is utmost!
From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Flowers By Irene
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3012

posted 06 September 2002 02:22 AM      Profile for Flowers By Irene     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Its true! Its some rabid mutt that's eaten the GM Defence web page
From: "To ignore the facts, does not change the facts." -- Andy Rooney | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
flotsom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2832

posted 06 September 2002 02:44 AM      Profile for flotsom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
wwwoOOFF!!
TommyPaineatWork
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2956

posted 06 September 2002 05:14 AM      Profile for TommyPaineatWork     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ah, life at Western. I remeber schmoozing at Frat Parties back in my high school days.

It wasn't until years later that I realized that there many other pick up lines rather than just "How much does your Dad make?"

"How much does your Dad make?" is, of course, the war cry of the Western Mustangs.

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 06 September 2002 08:14 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Probably when they're playing against Queen's, right?
flotsom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2832

posted 06 September 2002 01:52 PM      Profile for flotsom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
btw flotsom has never been a student at western, and he does not ever travel to University campuses during frosh week to 'scope out the babes'.

flotsom has not been a student since 1988.

(Excepting boatbuilding and nautical instruction courses)

Canya tell?

skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 06 September 2002 05:20 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
flotsom, what passport do you carry, and where did you get it?
Flowers By Irene
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3012

posted 06 September 2002 05:33 PM      Profile for Flowers By Irene     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
"How much does your Dad make?" is, of course, the war cry of the Western Mustangs.

Hey be nice. My sister goes to Western. She assures that the campus is much more progressive these days; the war cry is now "How much do your parents make?"

From: "To ignore the facts, does not change the facts." -- Andy Rooney | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 06 September 2002 05:49 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Heh. Same here at Queen's. Frosh Week has become so progressive around here that it's now called "Orientation Week" and probably people who graduated 10 years ago wouldn't even recognize it.
flotsom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2832

posted 06 September 2002 09:03 PM      Profile for flotsom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
skdadl,

My passport has been seized.

Canadian.

flotsom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2832

posted 06 September 2002 09:15 PM      Profile for flotsom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Michelle is right re the 'progressiveness'...I hardly saw anyone on Wednesday that appeared to be ill from the night before and a healthy young lady smiled at me, I think, for at that exact moment my big grey fedora (too big) slid over my nose again.

I might tie it off at the back to the cross x of my suspenders tomorrow and go out on another recce.

Last night I think I heard a rap album on the breeze but I couldn't be sure about this.

clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 06 September 2002 09:16 PM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Heh, heh a furriner in our midst.
flotsom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2832

posted 06 September 2002 09:23 PM      Profile for flotsom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nah, I'm a Canajun.
clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 06 September 2002 09:46 PM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That is what I said, 'A Furriner'. No Canjuns allowed. Heh, heh.
flotsom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2832

posted 06 September 2002 09:52 PM      Profile for flotsom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually clersal, I'll quote mohamad khan here to speak for my hesitation in being tied to any location or to the resident and accompanying stereotypes that follow such reductions.

"Please do not situate me."

I am looking forward to using that one out there in the aether.

clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 06 September 2002 10:06 PM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Situate me. There is one for the I never want to hear agin.
flotsom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2832

posted 06 September 2002 10:14 PM      Profile for flotsom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Don't you think that's a little rude?
clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 06 September 2002 10:21 PM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nah, this is the Banter thread. Anyhow keep your eyes open for those tanks. If they are headed east they just might try to take over Québec on their way to Iraq. I heard they like to put xx's on their tanks.

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca