FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » babble banter   » Fun with Toronto Babblers

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Fun with Toronto Babblers
DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 24 August 2002 03:35 PM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So, Dawna Matrix and sherpafish have been reunited.

First of all, sherpafish is to be immensely congratulated for assisting me in changing the tire on my babblemobile (A 4500 pound car!) and in applying considerable ingenuity with two car jacks to get the tire changed.

Second, I then frantically rushed to the airport to pick up Ms Matrix, only to discover she had already left! She apparently had mastered the transit system successfully in getting to sherpa's house, and so when I got there she was there. Much enthusiastic greetings were exchanged, and I got to drive Ms Matrix and sherpafish in 1980s luxury.

We had an excellent late-night dinner and drinks (mine were non-alcoholic ).

Some notes:

What is it about an LTD Crown Victoria that makes people want to race the damn car? I had kids in a pickup truck give me The Race Look, as did a fellow in a 2001 Austin Mini.

Mr. Mini in fact squealed his tires badly in getting a head start on me, even though I have a 5.8L V8 engine. Unfortunately a car further down the road prevented my car from having that one for breakfast.

In any case, getting the engine in shipshape condition will assist me.

From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
oldgoat
Babbler # 1130

posted 25 August 2002 12:47 AM      Profile for oldgoat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dr. C, I had an '83 Grande Marquis, which is pretty much the identical car with slightly different trim. It was great! It was like being able to drive your living room around town and it went like a bat out of hell. And the suspension! You could drive over a washboard road while performing a Bris in the back seat.

A big howdy to the happy couple.

From: The 10th circle | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Catalyst
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 237

posted 26 August 2002 09:19 AM      Profile for Catalyst   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just in case the happy couple happens upon this thread in the near future... Happy 25th Birthday, Ms. Matrix!
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 26 August 2002 10:27 AM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So it's true: Toronto babblers have to go to Vancouver to have fun.

So have fun, you guys -- and Happy Birthday, Dawna!

clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 26 August 2002 12:04 PM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Happy birthday. Tell us about all the presents.
From: Canton Marchand, Québec | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
'lance
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1064

posted 26 August 2002 12:28 PM      Profile for 'lance     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
'Ray, happy couple -- and Happy 'day, Dawna!
From: that enchanted place on the top of the Forest | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Catalyst
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 237

posted 26 August 2002 12:52 PM      Profile for Catalyst   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Perhaps the presence of a certain fellow is present enough for Dawna.

And perhaps some of them would be a little personal...

Anyhow, a certain fellow and I raised champagne glasses at the earliest opportunity at hearing the news...

scrabble
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2883

posted 26 August 2002 03:33 PM      Profile for scrabble     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I had kids in a pickup truck give me The Race Look, as did a fellow in a 2001 Austin Mini.

Maybe they just thought you were cuuuute?

Or maybe they were wondering where you put your swishy tail when you sit upright behind the wheel?

From: dappled shade in the forest | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
'lance
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1064

posted 26 August 2002 04:06 PM      Profile for 'lance     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Or how you steer and shift gears with paws?
From: that enchanted place on the top of the Forest | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dawna Matrix
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 156

posted 09 September 2002 03:31 AM      Profile for Dawna Matrix     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Um, jeez, sorry I missed this thread...I was...um..busy.

Thanks for all the happy thoughts, sherpa and I are now back in Toronto, turning the milk room and surrounding areas into a nexus for literary and musical creation.

From: the stage on cloud 9 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca