babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » babble banter   » Paging lagatta and Quebecois babblers...

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Paging lagatta and Quebecois babblers...
Trespasser
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1204

posted 21 August 2002 12:28 PM      Profile for Trespasser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Do you watch L'été c'est péché?

Do you know anything about Diane Dufresne?

Much appreciated.

[ August 21, 2002: Message edited by: Trespasser ]

lagatta
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2534

posted 21 August 2002 01:36 PM      Profile for lagatta     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dear Trespasser -

I rarely watch TV as I work on the computer all day, so I don't relax by looking at another cathode screen. I listen to Radio-Canada or CBC, Radio one or Radio 2, while I'm working. Francine Ruel is great, full of energy and love of life - nice to have a sexy babe who is neither tall, slim nor young... I like the concept based on the "deadly sins" - there are a lot of interesting links on the site for those who would like to practise their "sins" in French.

Diane Dufresne has been a Québécoise diva for at least 30 years, of a far more interesting sort than the infamous Céline. She can be quite over the top and is very popular with the gay community - and has always reciprocated this appreciation, though I don't believe she is gay. She is well over 50, I'd think almost 55, and you can see how she moves.

From: Se non ora, quando? | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Trespasser
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1204

posted 21 August 2002 01:57 PM      Profile for Trespasser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know! She is so sexy and brilliant and a great artist and nobody has heard of her in the ROC! I saw a concert of hers on TV5 (DD sous influences or something in that way), she had guests like Juliette Greco and had this huge hair that suited her pefectly and ran around the stage and always had people crying or jouir or reminiscing... Her sexual ambiguity is also interesting, I've noticed that. When she was on the stage with some of the female singers that were her guests... well, it was tantamount to making love, but without even touching. Anyway.

Appears she's really an icon in many a Quebecois alternative circle.

Francine! is great too, and the show has become a sine-qua-non of my Canadian summers. And the sins that they come up with and the spin they put on them - frabjous! They will turn paresse into a good tool against capitalist pursuit of efficacy; avarice in ecologically sensitive anti-waste action; rage into a rant on how tormenting depilation for women is come summer... And things that they cook, stories they tell, that historian guy who tells about great historical figures as pécheurs and pécheuses... Fantastic.

[ August 21, 2002: Message edited by: Trespasser ]

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca