babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » babble banter   » Pictures!

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Pictures!
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 20 August 2002 10:28 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey y'all.

Otter update: He's still great.

Post pictures of whatever you like in this thread!

From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
flotsom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2832

posted 20 August 2002 10:41 PM      Profile for flotsom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
how?
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 20 August 2002 10:44 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You need to have them on a server first. Or you could send them to me. But I'm really pokey about uploading them to mine
From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
clockwork
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 690

posted 20 August 2002 10:53 PM      Profile for clockwork     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd suggest not using tripod.ca to host your pictures, since those *^%*(&#^*$&*&#(*$)*!!!!! deleted my account. Apparently they deem protest pictures "graphic" in nature.
lagatta
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2534

posted 20 August 2002 11:31 PM      Profile for lagatta     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He must give you an otter lot of luv and pleasure...
From: Se non ora, quando? | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
flotsom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2832

posted 20 August 2002 11:34 PM      Profile for flotsom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Audra and clocky.

A server.

Aha.

With that much info, I should be as right as rain soon enough.

Understandably, Audra, but thanks for the offer.

nonsuch
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1402

posted 21 August 2002 01:16 AM      Profile for nonsuch     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He's beautiful! Just like a younger, slightly less rotund Eric, right down to the adorable pinky toes. (It bugs them when you ticke their toes - i can't resist.)

Great floor, by the way.

[ August 21, 2002: Message edited by: nonesuch ]

From: coming and going | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 21 August 2002 11:35 AM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He has mittens! It's great to watch a cat with white paws walk, isn't it -- you see the precision highlighted, or sometimes you see the comedy better. They are so wonderful to watch.
Trinitty
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 826

posted 21 August 2002 11:43 AM      Profile for Trinitty     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The pics stopped working so I removed them

[ September 04, 2002: Message edited by: Trinitty ]

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 21 August 2002 11:43 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dear lagatta,

ARGH ARGH ARGH ARGH!

Sincerely,
Michelle

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 21 August 2002 12:08 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dear Michelle:

My friend Caley calls him "Harryp-Otter". At least that's original

love,
audra

clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 21 August 2002 12:09 PM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sitting on the bird cage! Is there a bird in the cage? If there is is it a nervous wreck?
From: Canton Marchand, Québec | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trinitty
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 826

posted 21 August 2002 12:17 PM      Profile for Trinitty     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No, actually. There's a pair of finches in there, they know that she can't get them, so they pluck fur from her belly and line their nest with it. It's quite hilarious.
clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 21 August 2002 12:40 PM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That is a nice story. Nice to see a bird exploiting a cat.
clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 21 August 2002 01:06 PM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just made myself a grilled cheese. I put butter in the frying pan, turned back to assemble the rest of the sandwich, turned to the pan and Lily was trying to eat the butter before it melted. I dumped her on the ground, turned back to the sandwich and Jerome was trying to steal the cheese.

I always thought I was the boss but I am beginning to wonder.

audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 21 August 2002 01:13 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
nonesuch: Thanks, re: the floor. It doesn't look that shiny in real life! Our house is over 100 years old, too, so it's really slanty.
nonsuch
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1402

posted 21 August 2002 02:19 PM      Profile for nonsuch     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like old things - houses, tools, wood, cats, even some people...
From: coming and going | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
jeff house
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 518

posted 21 August 2002 04:11 PM      Profile for jeff house     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That cat winked at me! (Stare hard at him and he will perhaps do the same to you!)
clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 21 August 2002 07:19 PM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nah. Nobody winked. I think that Michelle once put a blinking black cat on once. Maybe it was someone else. Anyhow I remember it as I thought I was seeing things.
clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 21 August 2002 07:40 PM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There is definitely something in the air today. I think that my critturs are planning a revolution. I had just shut off the computer to check on my supper and the mutt is lying on the sofa with his head on the pillow. HE KNOWS HE IS NOT ALLOWED ON THE SOFA. He has his own chair.
Trinitty
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 826

posted 22 August 2002 10:57 AM      Profile for Trinitty     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Clersal, if you come home to find them hoarding apples and milk, I'd just back away slowly and leave them the house... it's too far gone by then.
clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 22 August 2002 04:09 PM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I will definitely keep my eyes peeled. Thanks for the warning. Everyone is back to normal today.
oldgoat
Babbler # 1130

posted 03 September 2002 11:31 PM      Profile for oldgoat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just in case anyone was curious,

[ September 03, 2002: Message edited by: oldgoat ]

[ September 03, 2002: Message edited by: oldgoat ]

From: The 10th circle | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 03 September 2002 11:44 PM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Your picture doesn't work oldgoat.
oldgoat
Babbler # 1130

posted 03 September 2002 11:45 PM      Profile for oldgoat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh Poop! I guess you'll have to stay curious.
From: The 10th circle | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 04 September 2002 12:03 AM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Suddenly Trinitty's photos don't work either. They did at first????
meades
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 625

posted 04 September 2002 12:15 AM      Profile for meades     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ahw! Audra, Otter's absolutely adorable! The second pic makes me think the name really suits him

I can't see Trinitty's pics though

From: Sault Ste. Marie | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
flotsom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2832

posted 04 September 2002 01:28 PM      Profile for flotsom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Second picture makes it appear as if s/he is sitting at a bar. With those pupils it'd go something like..." I can't serve ya buddy, I don't know what your on but we don't need any trouble 'round here. Why don't you go home and sleep it off--come back tommorrow, huh?"

Funny.

janew
webmistress
Babbler # 199

posted 04 September 2002 02:12 PM      Profile for janew     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here's one of my pets, helping me work :-)

From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
meades
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 625

posted 04 September 2002 07:51 PM      Profile for meades     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ahw, he looks so sweet! What's his name, janew?

*gasp* You put stickers on your monitor too!

From: Sault Ste. Marie | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
janew
webmistress
Babbler # 199

posted 04 September 2002 09:36 PM      Profile for janew     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi Meades,
Yes, I'm a big fan of 30's and 40's cartoons, so I have a bunch of Betty Boop, Wonder Woman, Spiderman etc stickers plastered on my monitor. You too? What do you have on yours?

The iguana on the monitor is Abelard (he likes the heat). I have a female ig named Heloise too.
You can see her here.

Otter is just adorable, Audra! They say tabbies are a bit 'eccentric'...does he fit that profile? .

From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 04 September 2002 09:54 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He's a bit weird, yes. For example, he doesn't think his water dish belongs next to his food dish, by the counter. Instead, about four times a day, he moves it across the floor into the middle of the dining room. He does this with his paw, and his head, before drinking.

Your iguanas are lovely, Jane. I'm much less scared of them when I'm not sleeping in your house

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca