babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » babble banter   » Happy Birthday Judes!

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Happy Birthday Judes!
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 15 August 2002 05:50 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
She's even greater this year, I promise y'all.

Big love, Judes! Hope today is awesome!

From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
'lance
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1064

posted 15 August 2002 06:10 PM      Profile for 'lance     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
'Ray Judes! I always figured you had to be a Leo.
From: that enchanted place on the top of the Forest | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 15 August 2002 08:46 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Happy birthday Judes!
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 15 August 2002 10:14 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I put this in the wrong forum. Now it is moved!
From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 16 August 2002 02:09 AM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yay! Happy birthday!
From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Judes
publisher
Babbler # 21

posted 16 August 2002 02:28 AM      Profile for Judes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the b day wishes. Just got back from partying and had a great time. Best birthday since Elvis sang Happy Birthday to me on national TV. I'll bet you want to hear that story. Maybe another time (:
Trisha
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 387

posted 16 August 2002 02:45 AM      Profile for Trisha     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry it's a bit late but I hope you had the greatest birthday so far. Happy Birthday!
From: Thunder Bay, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 16 August 2002 09:50 AM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Gee, at our age, and she's still up and functioning at 2.30 a.m.! I'm more than two whole months younger, and I can't do that!

Happy Birthday, Judes.

J. Hurtado
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1213

posted 16 August 2002 10:09 AM      Profile for J. Hurtado   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Happy belated Judes!

ELVIS?!?!? Judes, come on.....this being the week of the 25th anniversary of the King's death ya gotta indulge us!!

Thank you. Thank you very much.

-Jorge

vaudree
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1331

posted 16 August 2002 04:36 PM      Profile for vaudree     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hAPPY BIRTHDAY JUDES - AND THANKS FOR THE PRESENT WHICH IS BABBLE. Here is my million dollar smile , and hope you can accept that it is the thought that counts and not the fact that I don't have anything else but the smile to give you. Rabble is a worthy cause, but then again so is rent.

Now for the rest of us - honour JUDES belated birthday by either donating money or reading one of her articles. Rabble is more than just babble. And rabble would not be Rabble without JUDES.

From: Just outside St. Boniface | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 16 August 2002 11:21 PM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Many happy returns. Didn't you have a birthday recently? I like parties too. Not true. I like the presents.
From: Canton Marchand, Québec | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 20 August 2002 10:25 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I. Want. The. Elvis. Story.
meades
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 625

posted 02 September 2002 01:08 AM      Profile for meades     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can't believe I missed this. This is sinful. I'm a horrible person! Gargh! I'm marking August 15th down on my calendar every year so I NEVER EVER miss this again!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUDES!!!

I'm so sorry it's late!

[ September 02, 2002: Message edited by: meades ]

From: Sault Ste. Marie | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
meades
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 625

posted 02 September 2002 01:11 AM      Profile for meades     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

I want to hear the Elvis story too.

[ September 02, 2002: Message edited by: meades ]

From: Sault Ste. Marie | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Judes
publisher
Babbler # 21

posted 02 September 2002 04:47 PM      Profile for Judes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ok as a Labour Day present and after all those beautiful graphics how can I resist.

On August 15, my birthday, we were debating the topic, "Is Elvis still alive?" A sports journalist from the Ottawa Citizen whose name excapes me was arguing that Elvis is alive and living in Tweed Ontario. When he sent his scouts out to find a location where he could hide, they picked Tweed, says this guy because
"Driving down the main street of Tweed Ontario, no-one can tell who is alive and who is dead." The opponent was a musicologist from York and the debate was a lot of fun.

We arranged for Elvis to phone in to the show and Claire Hoy and I interviewed him. He sounded exactly like Elvis would, aw shucks mam and all that stuff. The just before the sign off, he said to me,: "I heard it was your birthday Judy and he started to sing the Happy Birthday song" I swear it was Elvis and I started to laugh and laugh. In six years of television it was the one and only time that I totally lost it. Claire had to wrap up the show himself.

lagatta
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2534

posted 02 September 2002 05:01 PM      Profile for lagatta     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, there was this other nice Jewish girl who, according to a typically lugubrious Catholic legend, was carried off to heaven on the 15th of August. A likely story. However in Italy an important day off (anything either Catholic, Communist or soccer-related provides an important day off in Italy...)

I stopped celebrating birthdays at 40 but I guess anything can be a reason to celebrate so certainly do so. Even the reactionary Gompersian "Labour Day"...

From: Se non ora, quando? | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
janew
webmistress
Babbler # 199

posted 02 September 2002 05:08 PM      Profile for janew     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Along the 'Elvis' vein...
In case you missed the recent Elvis montage by John Maclennan, that was on the columnist's page ... here's where you can see it.

Elvis

From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 02 September 2002 10:36 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I stopped celebrating birthdays at 40

That's what my mother should have done; we put 50 penguins and pink flamingoes on her tiny little postage-stamp front lawn in front of her townhouse on her 50th birthday. hee hee.

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
writer
editor emeritus
Babbler # 2513

posted 03 September 2002 12:04 AM      Profile for writer     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Judes:

The show was Face-Off.
The journalist was Earl McRae.

Happy (belated) birthday, and good luck at Ryerson!

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca