FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » babble banter   » 'nuther trivial question

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: 'nuther trivial question
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 09 August 2002 09:57 AM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It is fairly well known that several babblers' handles have changed over time, most spectacularly, of course, that of Victor von Mediaboy. *trumpets*

(Where is V von m'boy these days, anyway?)

It is a little-known fact, however, that the suave and unassuming 'lance first appeared on babble under a different handle. Who remembers?

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 09 August 2002 11:08 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I do! I do!
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 09 August 2002 11:13 AM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Coyses! Foiled again!

How long should we try to stump people?

Maybe people who remember could just line up saying that they do, but spinning out the suspense for a bit? At least till 'lance gets here ...

'lance
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1064

posted 09 August 2002 03:42 PM      Profile for 'lance     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Skdadl! Please! My modesty!

("... does not stand up to serious examination," cries a bored chorus of weary babblers. Ah, well).

I'll not give the game away just yet, but here's a supplemental question:

Just how did it come about that MediaBoy, VerbaTim (whatever happened to him, anyway) and a number of others were able to change their handles?

From: that enchanted place on the top of the Forest | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
dee
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 983

posted 09 August 2002 04:06 PM      Profile for dee     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
By e-mailing Audra begging and bribing her with prettily coloured sugar cookies?
From: pleasant, unemotional conversation aids digestion | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 09 August 2002 04:12 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't remember exactly - was it because the UBB program was set to allow it, and then when people started doing it, Audra blocked off that option so people wouldn't be changing their names entirely? Seems to me it was possible for a long time but then it was stopped so there would be no confusion on past threads.

Then the bribing with sugar cookies, etc.

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trinitty
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 826

posted 09 August 2002 04:17 PM      Profile for Trinitty     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Has anyone heard from Mediaboy in a while? I miss my co-geek-pilot.

(That outta oust him if he's lurking)

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 09 August 2002 04:18 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He's probably one of the four buyers of Frank Mag! Hee hee...
'lance
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1064

posted 09 August 2002 04:24 PM      Profile for 'lance     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I don't remember exactly - was it because the UBB program was set to allow it, and then when people started doing it, Audra blocked off that option so people wouldn't be changing their names entirely?

Not quite. UBB didn't allow it, but I asked - very soon after registering - if I could change my handle. Audra enabled the change feature. Then others picked up on this fact, and, well, the rest you know.

From: that enchanted place on the top of the Forest | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 09 August 2002 05:13 PM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If yer name changed did yer number???? I haven't the faintest idea who you were. VMB I knew on Frank. Strange as I am generally very nosy. Please tell. Sugar cookie I promise.
From: Canton Marchand, Québec | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
'lance
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1064

posted 09 August 2002 05:15 PM      Profile for 'lance     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You've talked me into it... I was freelance, then decided I didn't like the sound of it. My number stayed the same.
clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 09 August 2002 08:04 PM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh you are a sweetie. I feel much better.
'lance
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1064

posted 09 August 2002 11:20 PM      Profile for 'lance     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Any time. So, where's my cookie?
clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 09 August 2002 11:22 PM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well if you check in the cookie thingy there is one more.
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 10 August 2002 11:51 AM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought the crisis in handle-changing came when m'boy and VerbaTim tried to change back to their original names after experimenting -- and discovered that going back was the one thing they couldn't do -- yes?

This turned out to be too easy. Finding hard trivia is hard.

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca