FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » babble banter   » A Newbie from Australia

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: A Newbie from Australia
xanthist
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2923

posted 31 July 2002 06:46 AM      Profile for xanthist     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Waves!
Hi! I’m xanthist, I’m new and I'm Australian so please be kind! At least until you get to know me!
*cringes*

Zatamon
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1394

posted 31 July 2002 07:42 AM      Profile for Zatamon     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi xanthist, welcome from down under. I thought Piers Anthony placed Xanth on Florida, so I assume you are a 'mundane' admirer (just like myself up and over here in Canada). I hope you will like it at Babble, we all have our special talents and it won't take you long to find out whose is what (I rant and dream and theorize and I am totally impractical and un-pragmatic!). So tell us, what is your special talent?
From: where hope for 'hope' is contemplated | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
xanthist
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2923

posted 31 July 2002 08:01 AM      Profile for xanthist     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well I’ll be buggered! You’re the first person who’s ever got the Xanth connection!
[Falls over in a dead faint]

Humm, special talent! I’m not sure? I haven’t really thought about my self in those terms before.
I’m a bit of a dreamer hence my preference to reside in Xanth as much as possible. What else? I used to be indecisive but I’m not sure any more. (that’s probably due to the fact that I’m a Libra)
Honestly though you’d have to ask someone who knows me for an unbiased opinion.

Thanks for the welcome! Nice to meet you! *Drops a dainty curtsy at Zatamon’s feet*

Zatamon
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1394

posted 31 July 2002 08:09 AM      Profile for Zatamon     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, xanthist, I have known you for exactly five minutes and I already know one of your special talents. Apparently you can "drop a dainty curtsy" while being in a "dead faint".

Impressive!

[ July 31, 2002: Message edited by: Zatamon ]

From: where hope for 'hope' is contemplated | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
xanthist
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2923

posted 31 July 2002 08:21 AM      Profile for xanthist     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well, xanthist, I have known you for exactly five minutes and I already know one of your special talents. Apparently you can "drop a dainty curtsy" while being in a "dead faint".
Impressive!

I'm a woman after all, we are born multitasking! I can even chew gum and walk at the same time!

Zatamon
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1394

posted 31 July 2002 08:29 AM      Profile for Zatamon     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Now you sound like my wife. You will often find her in the 'Feminism' Forum (hates gum though!)

BTW, shouldn't it be 'Xanthian' ?

[ July 31, 2002: Message edited by: Zatamon ]

xanthist
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2923

posted 31 July 2002 08:45 AM      Profile for xanthist     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
BTW, shouldn't it be 'Xanthian' ?

I'll play your silly game!

Should it?

Why?

[I think I like your wife already! LOL]

Zatamon
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1394

posted 31 July 2002 09:06 AM      Profile for Zatamon     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You are right, it shouldn't. I was thinking of Australia - Australian, but then you would have to be from Xanth.

I like her too!

disobedient
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2915

posted 31 July 2002 09:17 AM      Profile for disobedient     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yaaay! Xanthist is here! This is the third person I've gotten to sign up here. Apparently I have some talent in recruiting. I think the moderators should award me some sort of prize.
xanthist
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2923

posted 31 July 2002 09:24 AM      Profile for xanthist     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yaaay! Xanthist is here! This is the third person I've gotten to sign up here. Apparently I have some talent in recruiting. I think the moderators should award me some sort of prize.

Hugz Dis!
A thousand thankyous!!!!!
Like I said, I HAD to get away from "Grumble Bum" she was driving me nuts and making AF an unpleasant, uninteresting, unhappy and completely boring experience.

First woman I ever met who had an ego bigger than German Mans!
We’re talking MEGA MAXIMUS ego here!

[My apologies to any men who might take offence to that last remark, I’m part German part Polish and was born in England so I’m allowed to have digs at them] You have to admit though, German men are super egotistical!

Zatamon
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1394

posted 31 July 2002 10:00 AM      Profile for Zatamon     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WOW! A German-Polish-English-Australian in our midst! Perfect fit for Babble!
DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 31 July 2002 08:39 PM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
xanthist: Hello, and welcome to babble. Please watch your lap as I may occasionally be found purring in it.
From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
SHH
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1527

posted 31 July 2002 11:38 PM      Profile for SHH     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Please watch your lap as I may occasionally be found purring in it.
Welcome to babble xanthist but beware, he’s not de-clawed.

From: Ex-Silicon Valley to State Saguaro | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 01 August 2002 01:08 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi Xanthist! Nice to see you here - stick around!
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trinitty
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 826

posted 01 August 2002 11:40 AM      Profile for Trinitty     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Welcome !!!!

Love your country, haven't been to it yet, but watching the men's swim team in Sydney was enough for me.

xanthist
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2923

posted 02 August 2002 09:35 AM      Profile for xanthist     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Zatamon, I may be German-Polish-English and Australian but I also married an Irishman from Dublin. So that makes me Irish by absorption.

DrConway, purr away I love kitty cats with or without claws. Just don’t shed any hair on me Ummkay!

SHH, thanks for the heads up I’ll keep a rolled up newspaper and a water pistol handy!

Michelle, thank you. I’m thinking of moving over cuz the other BB I frequent at the moment is being over run by juveniles and would be juveniles who are into flaming and shock tactics. Not my cup of mead at all!

Trinitty, I’ll swap with you, I’ve always wanted to see Canada, hang on it says you’re from Europa. Where the heck is that? Pardon my ignorance.
I’ll keep my head down for now with regards to the Australian men’s swim team seeing as the Commonwealth Games are happening and all and I don’t want you to think I’m here to crow about the meddle tally (as if I have any thing to do with it any way~!) still, we’re all very proud of them.

Zatamon
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1394

posted 02 August 2002 10:02 AM      Profile for Zatamon     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Double WOW!!!

German-Polish-English-Australian-Irish!!!

Interesting what people collect. My brother collects citizenships, for example. He has four at the moment (Hungarian, Finnish, Canadian and US) but I wouldn't be surprised if he was working on the fifth.

Until then, xanthic, you hold the world record in my book!!!

xanthist
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2923

posted 03 August 2002 09:26 AM      Profile for xanthist     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Zatamon, your brother sure gets around a lot!

Wow! First time I’ve ever had a record in any ones books, thanks! *blushing*

audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 03 August 2002 10:52 AM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
{psst! I think she called your brother a tramp!)
From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zatamon
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1394

posted 03 August 2002 11:07 AM      Profile for Zatamon     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's quite all right, audra. I call him the same, every time his multiple loyalties come up. His contention is that he is a 'world citizen' and he will collect as many citizenships as he can, to prove it.
vaudree
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1331

posted 03 August 2002 12:58 PM      Profile for vaudree     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Xanthist, so you are from Autralia - the home of Yahoo Serious, a bounching animal whose name translated from aboriginal means "I don't know," and bums that run away fron their owners. A place where descendants of ex-prisoners like to swim for gold and celebrate Xmas on the Beach, and wolves raise cattle as children (or is that a British cartoon).

How would you like to be the first to cast your vote for our new leader? Enjoy!

http://www.rabble.ca/babble/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=25&t=000023

PS. Don't worry - despite sentiment to the contrary (ie, Meades, Noah, etc) - there are no wrong answers!

PS2. What can you tell us of the political systen in Australia?

PS3. I guess snow in August is not a shocking over there as it is in Alberta.

From: Just outside St. Boniface | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
vaudree
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1331

posted 05 August 2002 02:28 PM      Profile for vaudree     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is Xanthist still with us or did we scare her off?
From: Just outside St. Boniface | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
'lance
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1064

posted 06 August 2002 01:40 PM      Profile for 'lance     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
She expressed an interest in Whistler. Maybe she's trying to get there.
From: that enchanted place on the top of the Forest | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca