FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » babble banter   » Food for thought

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Food for thought
clockwork
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 690

posted 30 July 2002 05:24 PM      Profile for clockwork     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If Chinese people use chop sticks as utensils, how do they make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?
Timebandit
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1448

posted 30 July 2002 05:27 PM      Profile for Timebandit     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I found it pretty much impossible to find peanut butter and jelly sandwiches when I was in China... Maybe that's why...
From: Urban prairie. | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
clockwork
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 690

posted 30 July 2002 05:57 PM      Profile for clockwork     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You realists, always ruining my Zen-like quest to discover the deepest mysteries of our conciousness.
scrabble
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2883

posted 30 July 2002 06:03 PM      Profile for scrabble     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Didn't youse european folks only start using eating utensils a few years ago? And how the heck do you make tokoroten with a fork and spoon?
From: dappled shade in the forest | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Timebandit
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1448

posted 30 July 2002 06:18 PM      Profile for Timebandit     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
You realists, always ruining my Zen-like quest to discover the deepest mysteries of our conciousness.

Well, you asked! How was I to know it was a rhetorical question? What am I, Kreskin? Sheesh!

quote:
And how the heck do you make tokoroten with a fork and spoon?

I only make crabapple jelly, myself... But mostly, I stick to jam... [pun intended]

clockwork
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 690

posted 30 July 2002 06:30 PM      Profile for clockwork     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well, you asked! How was I to know it was a rhetorical question? What am I, Kreskin? Sheesh!

Ah, my child. If you were one with the world, your consciousness in tune with the Gaia's, you would have immediately recognized the deeper complexities entwined with this seemingly innocuous query. Cleanse yourself, meditate, and you too may reach the enlightened plane of natural existence which I call home. Soon way may properly converse on such penetrating, spiritual subjects.

Timebandit
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1448

posted 30 July 2002 06:36 PM      Profile for Timebandit     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeh, well, the Ex is going and the helicopters that fly over my house every 5 minutes or so are giving me a little static on the Gaia channel... So rooted in reality I remain...
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 30 July 2002 07:58 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Didn't youse european folks only start using eating utensils a few years ago? And how the heck do you make tokoroten with a fork and spoon?

After seeing that picture of it, I'm not sure I WANT to make it.

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
oldgoat
Babbler # 1130

posted 30 July 2002 11:37 PM      Profile for oldgoat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I did it. I made a peanut butter and jam sandwich with chopsticks. (no jelly) It's not at all impossible, merely somewhat inefficient. Also, you look like a bit of a goof trying to eat it that way. I suggest cutting it at least into eight'ths.

BTW Clockwork, just what are you on tonight? Great posts though!

From: The 10th circle | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 31 July 2002 12:51 AM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Did you know that in France they do not grow 'Corn on the Cob?' They grow corn just for critturs. Maybe I should say they do not eat corn on the cob. Anyhow the stuff for critturs is really not edible, at least for us.
From: Canton Marchand, Québec | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
nonsuch
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1402

posted 31 July 2002 01:24 AM      Profile for nonsuch     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sure it's edible. Some of the dry corn is shucked and kept in a sack hanging from a rafter in the attic. They boil it (like beans, for a long time), drain, and eat it a snack on winter evenings. (But not with chopsticks!)

Don't the Chinese also use big knives? To make everything bite-sized before it's even cooked? A knife would be very useful in the making of a peanut-butter and jelly sandwich - if bread, peanut-butter and jelly were among one's staple foods. However, peanuts and chili peppers in sweet and sour sauce on rice is better. (Been years since i made that... have chilis and rice; must buy peanuts.)

From: coming and going | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
clockwork
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 690

posted 31 July 2002 02:27 AM      Profile for clockwork     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
BTW Clockwork, just what are you on tonight? Great posts though!

Why thank you. I am on the existential plane colloquially referred to as "Cloud Nine". How I got here, I do not know (the secret of Zen is even a mystery to it's skilled practitioners) and I'm pretty sure I'll be leaving soon as I have work in the morning.

But be sure your discoveries I will excogitate before the morrow and place them within the proper epistemological framework.

xanthist
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2923

posted 31 July 2002 07:37 AM      Profile for xanthist     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That tokoroten glomp looks like it’s been extracted from something that used to be alive.
Either that or it’s the stuff that grows in the back of the refrigerator and is teaching its young!

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca