babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » babble banter   » The Love Fund, first in a series

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: The Love Fund, first in a series
Dawna Matrix
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 156

posted 29 June 2002 04:34 PM      Profile for Dawna Matrix     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sunday, June 30, 8:30 pm, the first Toronto Love Fund bash will begin.

It's a simple story, about a boy and a girl, two people you may know. The girl and the boy are very much in love. The 2000 miles between them is the only problem. She is raising money by holding a love fund party. You can buy used books, drop your change in the jar and help these two be together again. Please come.

For details of address and location, private message Dawna Matrix.

From: the stage on cloud 9 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 29 June 2002 06:04 PM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Get the Vancouver Babblers to Toronto Fund didn't gather much. Don't get yer hopes up. But I'll message you.
From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dawna Matrix
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 156

posted 29 June 2002 06:45 PM      Profile for Dawna Matrix     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've already gathered some in the Love Fund Jar. I've also mass emailed everyone I know. We'll see.
meades
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 625

posted 29 June 2002 10:52 PM      Profile for meades     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yay for Dawna!
From: Sault Ste. Marie | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dawna Matrix
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 156

posted 30 June 2002 06:33 PM      Profile for Dawna Matrix     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
bump bump bump...*whistling inconspicuously*

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 30 June 2002 09:29 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wish I could be there, Dawna. Alas, 300 km and a negative bank balance separates me from your love fund party! And I was so hoping to get down there to watch the Gay Pride parade as well.
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dawna Matrix
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 156

posted 01 July 2002 10:00 PM      Profile for Dawna Matrix     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Love fund is on it's way...almost $100.00 in the jar.

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 01 July 2002 10:17 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cool, Dawna! What's your next event?
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dawna Matrix
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 156

posted 01 July 2002 10:22 PM      Profile for Dawna Matrix     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not sure. Come on over and we'll see what we can do.
Dawna Matrix
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 156

posted 27 July 2002 01:57 PM      Profile for Dawna Matrix     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There is a secret donor to the LOVE FUND. Does the wonderful individual want to be identified? He not only donated, he MATCHED the existing Fund.

Did you like the collages?

Much love from both of the lovebirds.

[ July 28, 2002: Message edited by: Dawna Matrix ]

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca