FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » babble banter   » Kids

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Kids
clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 17 April 2002 12:24 AM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey people. Take a look at some of the profiles. This site is being overrun with kids. How come these kids are so smart? I wasn't smart like that when I was their age. Are they lying about their age?

Hell they sound human. What is wrong with this younger generation? Shit they know more than I do. Audra change the rules. Demand a pedigree, in triplicate. They are going for power. I knew it, corrupted already.

From: Canton Marchand, Québec | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
nonsuch
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1402

posted 17 April 2002 01:41 AM      Profile for nonsuch     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You were, too, smart - you just didn't dare to admit it, because some adult told you to sit down, shut up, keep your knees together and mind your manners.
We've come a long way, baby!
So have our kids.
It cost something to get us and our kids here, so let's enjoy the dividends.

From: coming and going | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 17 April 2002 09:53 AM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Who was the general who is supposed to have said sneakily of his own soldiers: I don't know whether they scare the enemy, but they sure scare me -- ?

Seriously, masquerading as someone much younger than I am is sometimes what's fun about babble to me. Having free conversations about life and meaning and truth and beauty -- hard to find a place to do that after the world starts insisting that you become an adult. *yawning smiley*

Victor Von Mediaboy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 554

posted 17 April 2002 10:35 AM      Profile for Victor Von Mediaboy   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When you were a kid, you didn't have an outlet for expression like the Internet.
From: A thread has merit only if I post to it. So sayeth VVMB! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
SamL
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2199

posted 17 April 2002 10:41 AM      Profile for SamL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kids today who are intelligent, activist, and politically aware need an outlet for discussion, which means people brigher than their moronic peers. Hence. . .BABBLE!!

I love being a kid.

One of my classmates is reading this over my shoulder and is asking what moronic means.

From: Cambridge, MA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 17 April 2002 11:05 AM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yep you are right. I was the generation, seen but not heard. It was kind of fun as the parents didn't give a damn if we were seen either.

The invisible generation. Of course that is the reason for all these wars. Finally able to let off steam. Pay attention thar young uns' DO NOT REPEAT WHAT YOU ARE SEEING TODAY.

Otherwise do as you are told.

aRoused
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1962

posted 17 April 2002 05:53 PM      Profile for aRoused     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hm. I distinctly remember being much, much smarter when I was a kid than I am now. Back when I was 17 I knew nearly everything. Now I'm a dummy, and forgetting things by the minute. What did I have for breakfast?
From: The King's Royal Burgh of Eoforwich | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 17 April 2002 06:38 PM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Aha, yes we thought we knew everything, but did we really?
SamL
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2199

posted 17 April 2002 07:52 PM      Profile for SamL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm not saying that I know it all, but that the smarter ones of us need to go somewhere away from the corrupting influences of conventional society and teen culture. I have homework though, so unless French takes too long, I'll be back.
clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 17 April 2002 10:51 PM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Need help with yer french kiddo? I can help.
SamL
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2199

posted 17 April 2002 11:05 PM      Profile for SamL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No thank you. My French is quite excellent; at the end of next year I plan to write the AP. It's just that the assignment is long. So is everything else tonight. I'm still *working* on Geo.

Tonight will be an oil night.

nonsuch
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1402

posted 17 April 2002 11:24 PM      Profile for nonsuch     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wonder about the percentage. How many kids of high-school age are moronic and shallow; how many are bright and interested?
You can't tell by the way they act on the street or at Mcjobs, because the smart ones keep a low profile among their peers.

From: coming and going | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
SamL
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2199

posted 17 April 2002 11:38 PM      Profile for SamL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not always true. Plus, IMO, if you are smart and choose to keep a low profile in high-school, I would send you shopping for other adjectives, unless you can do some serious persuasion. If you're smart, show it off , there is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. I think also that that is a problem with most teens, being smart and doing well in school has no social currency.
clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 17 April 2002 11:45 PM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I really do think they are all mostly smart. It is, to me such a radical difference in how families are with their kids. There are more pros than cons. The only thing that I have a problem with is that, Are they getting the chance to be kids? By my own Grandkids I see that my childhood and theirs is identical in many ways. They play a lot. I think that playing is one of the most important things. It is even good for adults.
SamL
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2199

posted 17 April 2002 11:49 PM      Profile for SamL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Can't argue with that.
clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 18 April 2002 12:21 AM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How come yer not in bed? School tomorrow. Education is very important.
SamL
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2199

posted 18 April 2002 09:07 AM      Profile for SamL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm starting English, so I have to type quick or Mrs. Schaffer will be pissed, but yeah I was in bed at 11:30. Some nights I have too much homework. Back to the Jade Peony. . .

Wasn't there a thread on Canadian literature in high-school. Well this is literature, and Canadian.

SamL
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2199

posted 18 April 2002 09:53 AM      Profile for SamL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There, half-way through Chapter 6. We have a few minutes of spare time.
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 18 April 2002 09:54 AM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is that Wayson Choy, SamL? I haven't read him, but he's a wonderful talker.
SamL
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2199

posted 18 April 2002 11:49 AM      Profile for SamL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That is Wayson Choy. Then Per. 2 I got an exemption from gym to listen to motivational speaker Sunjay Nath on leadership. The guy is hilarious.!!!!! Now I'm in Geo looking at the crapload of stuff we'll be doing over the next two months. But it is human geo, with political implications and direct connections. I'll have fun.

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca