today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » babble banter   » Drinking Games

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Drinking Games
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 09 April 2002 11:51 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ever wanted to make up a drinking game about something in your own life?

We've all seen the drinking games from television shows that have been made up by other people. That's not what I'm talking about. Although if there is a television show that you like (maybe one of those guilty-pleasures ones from the other thread), and YOU have made up YOUR OWN drinking game for it, then feel free to post that one.

But what I'm talking about is drinking games for stuff that happens in your life.

For instance, sitting in my most boring class this semester, a friend and I got passing notes, and we started thinking about a drinking game for that particular class with that particular professor. He's a very nice man, but rather stuffy, meanders around the topic, and has annoying verbal tics like tacking "as it were" onto the ends of sentences.

So we were thinking:

When he says "as it were", take a drink
When he says "indeed", take a drink
We thought of a few others, but I can't remember them right now.

Personally, I'm planning on my own drinking game: bringing booze to school every day next year, and every time I hear the name "Aristotle", I'm taking a drink. If I never have to take Aristotle again, it will be too soon. A whole frigging semester of Aristotle. Sigh.

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Slick Willy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 184

posted 09 April 2002 12:16 PM      Profile for Slick Willy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Boy does that take me back. heh heh
Did you know the game "fuck up" was based on myself? Hi Bob used to be pretty popular along with quarter bounce and caps. I tried chess with tequila once but I can't remember who won. Back in the day I used to really like asshole. Not really a game "as it were" but kinda fun. A buddy and I would drop acid and tie into a couple of bottles of 151 rum. We would invite some schmuck to drink shots with us and turn them into some drunk asshole. As some of you may know, while ripped on some good acid you can drink booze like there is no tomorrow and put the "dupe" under the table in no time. My personal best is getting 5 suckers puking their guts out in the back yard and sleeping in it by 10 pm on a Friday night.

Thinking about it now makes me wish that we had the Internet back then so there could have been a permanant photographic record of the follies of the foolish.

DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 09 April 2002 03:31 PM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Drinking game... hmm. If I had to have a babble drinking game it would run something like this:

1 drink for every time rasmus_raven disses Tony Blair.
1 drink per smilie for every post by meades.

two drinks every time judym or audra close a thread with a suitably witty comment.

three drinks every time a troll gets kicked off.

finish the bottle if a postmodernist debate heats up.

From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Slick Willy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 184

posted 09 April 2002 03:32 PM      Profile for Slick Willy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Don't forget a drink everytime vvmb mentions flood control.
Victor Von Mediaboy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 554

posted 09 April 2002 03:36 PM      Profile for Victor Von Mediaboy   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My favourites are Molson Poker and Three Man.

Psychiatrist is also really fun, but it isn't strictly a drinking game. It's more fun when you're drunk though.

From: A thread has merit only if I post to it. So sayeth VVMB! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trinitty
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 826

posted 09 April 2002 03:50 PM      Profile for Trinitty     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I do this at family gatherings. Only "our generation" is in on it, me, my sibs, husband, his sibs and cousins, etc..

We take a drink everytime one of the parents' generation repeats an old annoying addage, or recalls an embarrassing, exaggerated tale of our childhood. "Her diaper was off and she was running..." you know the type.

We get pretty tipsy pretty darn fast.

vickyinottawa
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 350

posted 09 April 2002 04:24 PM      Profile for vickyinottawa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We played a drinking game during the Superbowl....had to drink during every gratuitous reference to September 11. With all the flags waving and the military graphics, well....you can imagine the outcome.
From: lost in the supermarket | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rebecca West
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1873

posted 09 April 2002 04:47 PM      Profile for Rebecca West     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I used to know tons of drinking games, but for some reason, I can only remember caps. Of course when chunks of your liver start showing up in your pee, it's time to stop all drinking games.

I'll bet if we played the postmodern drinking game, we could start a barroom brawl. It's amazing how much Fouceault sounds like 'fuck you' when you're tanked.

From: London , Ontario - homogeneous maximus | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
annie.victoria
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2341

posted 09 April 2002 04:52 PM      Profile for annie.victoria     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We used to play 21 for drinks.
Victor Von Mediaboy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 554

posted 09 April 2002 05:03 PM      Profile for Victor Von Mediaboy   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Byward Monopoly is fun. I stole the idea from the Red Dwarf novel.

Ya get yourself a bunch of friends and a travel Monopoly board. You re-label each space on the board with the name of a different bar.

Each person rolls the dice. The group goes to that bar. To 'buy' the bar, the player has to buy everyone a drink. The group finishes their drinks and the next person rolls.

When someone lands on a bar that's already "owned", they have to buy the group a drink.

Make up your own rules for community chest, chance, free parking, jail and GO.

The game works best if the bars don't charge cover. It's also better to use a Monopoly Jr board, because there are fewer properties on a Monopoly Jr board.

From: A thread has merit only if I post to it. So sayeth VVMB! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trinitty
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 826

posted 09 April 2002 05:10 PM      Profile for Trinitty     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Has anyone just played the board game "Pass Out"? Pink elephant cards and such?

We own it.

SamL
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2199

posted 09 April 2002 10:03 PM      Profile for SamL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
It's also better to use a Monopoly Jr board, because there are fewer properties on a Monopoly Jr board.

Not that I would know anything about drinking (I plan never to touch alcohol, though I enjoy reading about these weird games), I must question: I thought that w/Monopoly Jr., the number values were reduced to single and double digits, and the names were changed, but aren't the # of properties the same?

[Edited for spelling]

[ April 10, 2002: Message edited by: SamL ]

From: Cambridge, MA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
'topherscompy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2248

posted 10 April 2002 03:13 PM      Profile for 'topherscompy        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

[ 02 May 2006: Message edited by: 'topherscompy ]

Victor Von Mediaboy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 554

posted 10 April 2002 03:17 PM      Profile for Victor Von Mediaboy   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
SamL: In Monopoly Jr, there are fewer spaces. Each "neighbourhood" has only two properties.

http://store4.yimg.com/I/boardgames_1681_12020020

SamL
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2199

posted 10 April 2002 04:05 PM      Profile for SamL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh.

And just btw, I referred one of my conservative (but polite and affable, mind you) friends, Nick, from school to rabble.ca yesterday. He tried one babbler name, which was already taken, and then he encountered - DA DA DAAAAAAAA. . . FLOOD CONTROL!!!!
It deterred him from this site, for today. His first experience with babble. . .flood control (MIBD)
He thought that I'd say it serves him right because he's conservative, but I'd say it serves him right because he's Nick.

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 10 April 2002 07:29 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bah! Too easily deterred!

NICK! COME BACK! I LOVE YOU MAAAAAN!

(whoops, got a little carried away with the whole drinking thing. )

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
SamL
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2199

posted 10 April 2002 08:34 PM      Profile for SamL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I move that on this forum, from this point forward, flood-control (MIBD) always be referred to as such - flood-control (MIBD).

All in favour. . .

(You guys could start a new drinking game with flood-control, other then the one with VVMB. Hmmmm. . . . )

'lance
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1064

posted 10 April 2002 08:51 PM      Profile for 'lance     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
MIBD

Many Italians Buy Demerrara? May Indiana Be Dominant? Monday Is Bad Day?

Explain yourself, man! Inquiring minds, and all that!

From: that enchanted place on the top of the Forest | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
annie.victoria
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2341

posted 10 April 2002 08:55 PM      Profile for annie.victoria     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Must I Be Denied???????

If its the answer do I win something?

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 10 April 2002 09:05 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
May It Be Damned?
sherpafish
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1568

posted 10 April 2002 09:17 PM      Profile for sherpafish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Moonshine I be drinking?
From: intra-crainial razor dust | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 10 April 2002 10:03 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mommy, I Broke Dis?
SamL
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2199

posted 10 April 2002 11:23 PM      Profile for SamL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The winner is. . .Michelle!!
You win, a one year exemption from FLOOD-CONTROL (MIBD), and to all of the rest of you, thanks for coming out!

SamL
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2199

posted 10 April 2002 11:24 PM      Profile for SamL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry for the double post, but I don't think that I can give Michelle the much sought-after and highly prestigious exemption, but, I'm sure we could work around that. . .
rob.leblanc
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2475

posted 22 April 2002 04:14 PM      Profile for rob.leblanc     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There is this one game that a buddy and I made up about two or three weeks after Sept 11. Basically you take a shot every time you hear the words September 11th, Osama Bin Laden, World Trade Center, Twin Towers, and some others that I forgot. I can tell you that we were smashed in a little less than an hour.

Ahh.... good times.....good times......

From: Where am I? Where are YOU? | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 22 April 2002 06:19 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey, I missed this thread past my messages in it. Cool, I win!

Let me guess, it was "Mommy I Broke Dis" right? I actually have my son to thank for the solution. hee hee

[ 23 July 2004: Message edited by: Michelle ]

bittersweet
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2474

posted 22 April 2002 07:54 PM      Profile for bittersweet     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You go for rather macabre entertainment, rob.leblanc.
From: land of the midnight lotus | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 22 April 2002 07:56 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh come now, let's not get all self-righteous about it. I'm sure they were just making fun of what a media circus 9-11 became, not gloating over people's deaths.
rob.leblanc
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2475

posted 22 April 2002 08:20 PM      Profile for rob.leblanc     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That was exactly the reason Michelle. No, I wasn't making fun of the lives lost. It was around the time when you heard nothing else but Sept 11 stuff. Like Michelle said, we were just making fun of what a media-circus it became.
annie.victoria
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2341

posted 22 April 2002 08:44 PM      Profile for annie.victoria     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Now you can play the Robert Blake drinking game. I'm sure it will be a big of a media circus as OJ.

Barretta........ guzzle guzzle

SamL
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2199

posted 22 April 2002 09:25 PM      Profile for SamL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
May It Be Damned, and if you've seen any of my other posts since then, at least I have been using it.
We'll talk to audra about the exemption.

bittersweet
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2474

posted 23 April 2002 01:39 AM      Profile for bittersweet     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, okay, okay. I'm bitchy today. rob.leblanc, you're a good egg, never mind me. And Michelle, you just tag right along behind, and keep me corrected!
From: land of the midnight lotus | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 23 April 2002 04:36 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You don't need it, bittersweet, and I make enough bitchy comments that I couldn't possibly pull off hall monitor for long.
rob.leblanc
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2475

posted 23 April 2002 10:27 AM      Profile for rob.leblanc     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No worries Bittersweet, it's all good. I don't really know you, but you seem like a good egg yourelf

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca