babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » babble banter   » Meades enters his 4th millennium

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Meades enters his 4th millennium
Trespasser
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1204

posted 03 April 2002 09:30 PM      Profile for Trespasser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There will be singing and dancing! Huge congratulations, meadesy!

(And remember what I told you just a moment ago on the messenger regarding a certain person that shall remain unnamed. Don't waste your time hesitating!)

'lance
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1064

posted 03 April 2002 09:33 PM      Profile for 'lance     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
'Ray for meades! 'Ray for energy, passion, and a truly amazing aptitude for research -- not to mention politics!

'RAY!

From: that enchanted place on the top of the Forest | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 03 April 2002 09:54 PM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yaaaaaaaaaaay! *brings meades a plush Barney doll* ... er, wait. Wrong present....

*rushes back and brings meades a copy of the Communist Manifesto *

There may be paw prints on the pages.

(Anyway, 'grats to you, meades, and let's hear it for many more posts to come!)

From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 03 April 2002 10:43 PM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Congrats Meades.
From: Canton Marchand, Québec | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
andrean
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 361

posted 03 April 2002 11:00 PM      Profile for andrean     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dear meades,

You are a star. And wise beyond your years. And that is all there is to it.

andrean

From: etobicoke-lakeshore | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
rasmus
malcontent
Babbler # 621

posted 04 April 2002 02:16 AM      Profile for rasmus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He buys all his material from me, out the back door of Babble. Sorry to blow your cover, meades -- I couldn't take not getting the credit anymore!!
From: Fortune favours the bold | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 04 April 2002 02:29 AM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

We have an impostor in our midst! Whatever shall I do?? *sits on rasmus's lap, flicking tail worriedly*

From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 04 April 2002 09:37 AM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Welcome, chick!

I think we are now a quintumvirate -- although the truth is that I have found the troika (Dr C, VV va Voom, and Michelle) a little secretive and exclusive about their agenda, and I've been waiting for you to help me form a counter-cabal. Let's plot!

Slick Willy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 184

posted 04 April 2002 10:54 AM      Profile for Slick Willy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Top form old bean!

When it comes to politics and understanding people, you have come a long way in a short time. I admit that there are times when I find what you are saying is over my head and I am pressured to expand my own knowledge just to keep up with what you are saying. Having that affect on others around you is a formidable asset Meades.

As we have seen here on Babble, a number of people have stepped up when given the opportunity and have done something great. From becoming a published author to great unsung acts that make a positive difference in the lives of people in our communities to helping to turn the wheels that make the world a better place for everyone.

Some time ago you had mentioned your real name. I have committed that to memory so that at some future point in time, I will be able to sit and have a chuckle to myself about these times, and know that somethings that were said here, have moved through time and are with you on that day and beyond.

Congratulations on 4000 posts Meades.

Trinitty
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 826

posted 04 April 2002 12:20 PM      Profile for Trinitty     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Meades,

Thank you for speaking for the youth. I'm an old bag compared to you, but I know and remember what it feels like to be a voice in the wilderness that is teenagerland.

You are one of the few reasons why I have hope in the future.

Congrats, and please stick around.

Trin.

NDB
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1234

posted 04 April 2002 05:41 PM      Profile for NDB     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hella impressive meades. Keep it up. More rolling eyes, more I say!
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 04 April 2002 05:52 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the club. We'll get to the secret initiation rites later.
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
oldgoat
Babbler # 1130

posted 04 April 2002 11:21 PM      Profile for oldgoat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Personally, I've often wondered just when you get your homework done. I've looked at the times on your posts, and speculated that there must be two of you.

We have all considered the possibility that you are really some fifty year old Rhodes Scholar who was merely having us on, but I have met you, and you really do appear to be your basic young person.

Just one request. When you're Prime Minister, and before you abolish the Senate, could you please appoint me? I could use the pension.

Thanks.

Congrats BTW

From: The 10th circle | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 04 April 2002 11:37 PM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Never thought of that, me too Meades. A Senatrice of course.
clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 04 April 2002 11:40 PM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Or is it Senatrette?
meades
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 625

posted 05 April 2002 01:44 AM      Profile for meades     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Awww! Shucks, you guys!

Tress, tsk! Don't tell them about him! I told you it wasn't like that! but thank you!

'lance, thank you! But who will hooray you into the 5th millennium, I wonder? It's not too far off!

And thank you, DrConway, I grately apreciate the gift! Don't fret about the paw prints, they're adorable and merely add charachter to the book And don't worry about my future posts, they're definitely coming.

Andrean... shucks! Thank you, for so much more than just your posts! You gave me confidence and support when I needed it most, and for that reason, I'm eternally greatful

rasmus, you too! And deary me! You've exposed me! argh, I knew the scharade couldn't last much longer... *sulk* ah well...

Skdadl, don't you worry! Let's team up! We'll take care of those smarmy Old Guard folks (ran out of smilies. pretend this one's winking)

Aw, shucks, Slick Willy! I'm beet red! *blush*blush* You can have yourself an extra big chuckle, because I assure you, they'll be there *smile* (for heavans sake, can we raise the smiley limit? PLEASE?! PLEASE?!?!?!) though I can't guarantee you'll be hearing about me in the press (I sort of hope not *eek* they can be quite devilish...)

Trinitty, thank you so much too! I'll certainly be sticking around- I hope you'll do the same! You're a joy to have around! (big smile. stupid smiley limit, grr...)

NDB, thank you, and I'll try! (Razz smiley. Urgh! I cannot live without my smilies!!!)

Michelle: Whew! Skdadl, I'm glad you're on my side! You keep your eyes on them! Make sure they don't go TOO far!

Aw, shucks Oldgoat! Wow, is this a blush-fest, or what? Anyway, how'd you like one of the three big, comfy seats in the middle? (wink)

Clersal, you can sit by oldgoat in one of the smaller of the Big-three chairs (big smile) sorry, Oldgoat asked first, and all (razz)

Thanks, everyone! You're all great! (Now can we seriously do something about this smiley predicament?!?! *distressed*)

[ April 05, 2002: Message edited by: meades ]

From: Sault Ste. Marie | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
NDB
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1234

posted 05 April 2002 02:55 AM      Profile for NDB     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Damn! 2:05 a.m. EST and it looks like the party's over. Stupid slave to fashion that I am I missed the guest of honour. Oh well, I did see him briefly in Toronto and he'll smoke y'all to Nirvana if not 5000. Oh milestones are so hard to attain.
vaudree
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1331

posted 05 April 2002 01:34 PM      Profile for vaudree     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thankyou for giving us hope in the future. Well you can't do any worse at screwing things up than we did.

PS to Trinitty: If you are an old bag - what does that make the rest of us?

[ April 05, 2002: Message edited by: vaudree ]

From: Just outside St. Boniface | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dawna Matrix
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 156

posted 06 April 2002 12:59 PM      Profile for Dawna Matrix     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Meades, it looks like I've missed your party while studying. That's me. Never at the party. Anyways, next time you hit TO (hopefully with that wild and wonderful sherpafish?) come sleep over and I'll bake some of that pie you're so good at dishing out. PS - do try to ignore the baiting of the woolly Marty Raw when you come down. He can and will stick it to the left whenever he can...
From: the stage on cloud 9 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca