babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » babble banter   » I met MJ, the Prince of Cool

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: I met MJ, the Prince of Cool
Trespasser
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1204

posted 02 April 2002 10:26 AM      Profile for Trespasser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And he's adorable. He's everything I expected him to be. I felt I've known him for ages, you know. And, in a way, I have. See you again soon, MJ.
DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 02 April 2002 02:05 PM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You Ontarians are making me jealous with your cozy gatherings.
From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
QuikSilver
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1470

posted 02 April 2002 02:54 PM      Profile for QuikSilver     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You met Micheal Jackson!!! Wow!! Did he let you see his monkey?

(Bubbles the monkey, sickos!!)

From: Your Wildest Fantasies | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 02 April 2002 02:55 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dr C -- surely you know that Tres is in Halifax, and that's where this deed was done ...

Meanwhile, here I am in the same city as the fabled, adorable MJ, and I have yet to meet him m'self.

Trespasser
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1204

posted 02 April 2002 03:30 PM      Profile for Trespasser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You should see MJ's Gestapo-like long black leather coat, skdadl and Doc. Unique.

[ April 02, 2002: Message edited by: Trespasser ]

DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 02 April 2002 03:53 PM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*I* have such a coat. Fa fa fa.
From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trespasser
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1204

posted 02 April 2002 04:22 PM      Profile for Trespasser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
... and you watch Leni Riefenstahl's films, no doubt...
DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 02 April 2002 04:44 PM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Er, well, I actually DID watch Triumph of the Will one time.
meades
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 625

posted 02 April 2002 06:42 PM      Profile for meades     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
And he's adorable.

I can also vouch for this But don't stop there, Tress, tell us more! And Skdadl, I thought MJ was based in Montréal?

Bah, you people with your leather jackets, making me jealous

From: Sault Ste. Marie | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
pogge
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2440

posted 02 April 2002 06:46 PM      Profile for pogge   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Shows how in tune I am. When I first saw this thread I thought you were talking about Michael Jordan.
From: Why is this a required field? | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Trespasser
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1204

posted 02 April 2002 07:43 PM      Profile for Trespasser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Doc, heh, there is also a special way actors in the movie Starship Troopers wear their black leather coats, and that movie stylistically and politically chats with Leni R. big time. But all that aside, MJ's way of wearing his black leather coat is unique, trust me. (And when I eventually meet you, I'll let you know what your leather coat tells to the world.)

Meades, dear. MJ and I spent about five hours at a restaurant together and it actually felt like a half hour or so. Come to think of it under the daylight, we should have gone for at least another round of drinks and snacks.

Mandos
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 888

posted 02 April 2002 08:30 PM      Profile for Mandos   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The mention of Leni R. reminds me of the Canadian actress Leni Parker. Leni Parker has played for the past few years a completely androgynous/neuter alien character on a science fiction TV show. It took me half a season or more to figure out that the person acting it was a woman--with a little digital voice editing, it was so convincingly neuter. Alas, the show (which was brilliant for the first season) started to suck in the second season, and really sucked in the third, whereafter I stopped watching. It got, er, "teen"-ized, and stopped being complex and interesting.
From: There, there. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca