FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » babble banter   » Best names in sports

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Best names in sports
Whazzup?
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1471

posted 22 February 2002 04:23 PM      Profile for Whazzup?     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anna Smashnova -- Belorussian/Israeli Tennis player

Miroslav Satan -- Buffalo Sabres forward

Irina Slutskaya -- Russian figure skater

From: Under the Rubble | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
flotsom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2832

posted 23 July 2002 10:50 PM      Profile for flotsom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dick Trickle - race car driver
vickyinottawa
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 350

posted 24 July 2002 11:37 AM      Profile for vickyinottawa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Radek Bonk - hockey
From: lost in the supermarket | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 24 July 2002 12:19 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh, darn: I thought this was going to be a thread where I could wax lyrical about my favourite Blue Jays from the 1980s, where, eg, I could nominate Damaso Garcia for the title of Best Brown Eyes Ever in Either League.

But Whazzup?!!! This is beginning to sound like the cast list from the Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo -- Tatania Youbetyabootskaya, Maya
Thickenthighya, Ida Nevasayneva, Dimitri Legupski, etc. !!!

Black Dog
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2776

posted 25 July 2002 05:52 PM      Profile for Black Dog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cool Papa Bell.

Best.

Sports.

Name.

Ever.

'lance
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1064

posted 25 July 2002 05:58 PM      Profile for 'lance     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's pretty good all right. Then there was a football player named Dexter Manley -- not bad, I'd say -- and another named I.M. Hip.

The I and M, like Harry Truman's S, didn't stand for anything. That's my personal favourite.

From: that enchanted place on the top of the Forest | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Black Dog
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2776

posted 25 July 2002 06:10 PM      Profile for Black Dog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
At the turn of the century, the Ottawa Senators had a pair of bruising brothers named Sprague and Odie Cleghorn.

And let's not forget the greatest pitcher of all-time: Satchel Paige.

How come noone in sports has good nicknames anymore? Where have all the liks of "Phantom" Joe Malone, "One-Eyed" Frank McGee, "Bad" Joe Hall and "Rocket" Richard gone. I mean, Ted Williams alone had more (and better) nicknames than all of baseball today.

scrabble
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2883

posted 25 July 2002 06:45 PM      Profile for scrabble     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So all-male ballet isn't a sport. But some nice names:

Nikolai Legupski

Ida Nevasayneva

Igor Slowpokin

Nicholas Khachafallenjar

Maybe it wasn't fair to bring drag into it.

From: dappled shade in the forest | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca