babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » walking the talk   » labour and consumption   » What constitutes an ethical company?

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: What constitutes an ethical company?
April
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7882

posted 26 January 2005 06:08 PM      Profile for April     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am looking for sponsors for some upcoming projects, and the big debate people are having is "what consitutes an ethical sponsor?"

Does anyone wish to recommend any guidelines or link to sites that determine the ethicality of various companies. Any ideas for non-corporate funding?

Amy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2210

posted 26 January 2005 08:39 PM      Profile for Amy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oooh, that's a tricky question, because there are certain groups for which an ethical 'concern' will be a dealbreaker, and others where the same concern would be considered minor. I don't know of any websites, but the first place I would start is with companies who are involved in Fair Trade.

If you are attached to a university, then maybe the Women's Centre or the PIRG would be able to give you a bit of money, but it depends on how much you are looking for.

What kind of projects are you thinking of?

From: the whole town erupts and/ bursts into flame | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Walker
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7819

posted 26 January 2005 09:34 PM      Profile for Walker     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You could try here

Looks like they maintain a list of ehtical companies.

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca