babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » body and soul   » Green Bean Soup Wards off SARS

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Green Bean Soup Wards off SARS
kuba walda
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3134

posted 09 May 2003 05:10 PM      Profile for kuba walda        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
PHNOM PENH (Reuters) - Terrified that the deadly SARS virus is about to hit their country, Cambodians have been gulping down bowls of green bean soup, rumored to ward off the disease.

full story

http://makeashorterlink.com/?L11A22284

Alternative therapies and medicine never ceases to amaze me. Even if technically this may not be classified as one.

I wonder where I can get a receipe for green bean soup.

kuba, off to google

skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 09 May 2003 05:26 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So let us know, at once, kw.

See also if you can find out which kind of green beans. We get the oddest sorts of seeds here. I wonder what the Cambodians are growing.

It hasn't gone away, you know. I have a feeling that it won't, either, for some time. But it is going to take an outbreak in a U.S. city, which undoubtedly is coming, before people understand that.

lagatta
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2534

posted 09 May 2003 05:59 PM      Profile for lagatta     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well I agree with skdadl's earlier opinion - red wine wards of SARS (or at least lets us forget about it).
From: Se non ora, quando? | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
kuba walda
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3134

posted 09 May 2003 06:14 PM      Profile for kuba walda        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is going to be harder than I thought. Seems there are alot of European receipes for green bean soup too...... I think I'll have to research it at the library.

Right now I wish chocolate cake warded of SARS... It would give me an excuse for the two pieces that I had today. (Someone was kind enough to bring one in today - kid won 3 at the cake walk at the school fair last night)

I think I better go for a jog and then to the pool
tonight.

[ 09 May 2003: Message edited by: kuba walda ]

nonsuch
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1402

posted 09 May 2003 09:34 PM      Profile for nonsuch     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Snip off the ends, pull off the strings and cut green beans into 1" pieces. (yellow ones are even better)
Wash in cold water, drain.
Chop onion very fine.
Sautee onion until light golden, in enough oil to cover it.
Add a dash of paprika, some finely chopped parsley; stir in a little flour, put back on low heat for a minute or so, stirring constantly.
Add the beans, mix well, salt to taste, add enough water to make soup.
Cook for 15 minutes, or until beans are tender.

From: coming and going | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca